Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Thanks lowtax. Thanks everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Node posted:

I am going to run around town yelling SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM like the good ol days

make a patreon lowtax

I would definitely volunteer a couple bux a month for what is pretty much my #1 source of entertainment. Maybe extra for a periodic fireside chat webcast wherein lowtax drinks steel reserve and responds angrily to a live-chat audience.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Izumi Konata posted:

a literal fireside chat, wherin he dons the persona of the late walter disnep, spouting off information necessary in propping up a likeable face, directing the viewer on how to react to various segments. advertisements don't clash with his previous image because its plain as day that it was the penicillin keeping him from becoming viral all along!

note how the only differences between goofy and pluto were a coat color, the presence of an initiative to walk upright along with opposable thumbs to grasp things, and an hirability which is required to achieve a disposible income, along with the ability to simultaneously narrate and drive.

to conclude, allow me a biweekly front page segment please.

lowtax let us manage your brand

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
all you idiots reading this thread could just buy avs for your enemies. once a year would probably do it. find a retarded poster and give them some big red truth. It's fun and healthy.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Just got hijacked to greatdealsify dot com in chrome on Android. Nothing like this has happened in a while for me, so nice work otherwise!

E: then right as I posted this I got sent to go goadsv like the poster above mentioned

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I have used the "awful" app and the "something" app and both of them had problems that drove me crazy enough that putting up with the browser hijacks was just-about equal inconvenience. I don't remember what the problems were, specifically, but I know that at different points I was like "gently caress this" with each and gave up on both of them.

I wish people would stop recommending the apps. Good for you if you use an app; why are you reading this thread?

Lowtax posted:

What devices are you all using?

HTC One M8, chrome.

Mobile view kills the ads but it's big like duplo blocks and I don't like it b/c there's no thread tags and i have to scroll a lot more per page.
:qqsay:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm getting a pretty aggressive one that sends me to

code:
http://facebook.com-dm123s.space
Almost every time I idle for more than a couple seconds on any page today

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
And this
http://mobiles-notice.com

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
And this
http://protection.com-system-mobile.com

E: apparently via http://play.worldbesttraffic.com

I get a new one every time I post. Does it help to post these or should I stop?

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 12, 2015

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Lowtax posted:

Yes, please let me know about all of them. What OS / device are you using?

OK, will continue.

HTC One M8, android 5.0.2. With HTCsense or whatever (non-google--play-edition) software. Chrome. Let me know if any further specifics might help.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
interactions.huntmad.com

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm not getting any redirects atm. Grape job lowtax

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I also am not seeing any 320x100 ads tho, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. The bad ad problem has indeed been RESOLVED!!!! from my perspective. I noticed that after Lowtax described the fix with a secure iframe I finally did start getting a smaller ad and no more poo poo ads.

The smaller ad is ALWAYS this unicef ad, though.

I hate to reopen the can, and im certainly not complaining, but I thought I should point out that there doesn't seem to be any rotation in what's been shown during my mobile browsing since November? December?