Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

puve posted:

There's still an ad for a racist gangstalking forum if you find that kind of thing distasteful.

Yea the kiwi farms ad is showing up like all the time

They might as well be somethingsensitive posting an ad here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

gently caress that, the ad needs to go.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea I'm posting in this thread so lowtax can be made aware of it and remove it. Or maybe he wants to leave it, either way I don't think he has posted his descision on this specific ad

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Something awful paved the way and predicted this poo poo internet we have. It's this websites duty to show the way out. Otherwise what has all these years of poo poo post been good for

Furrys are fine, Republicans not so much. Comrade.

Kill the ad lowtax

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

botany posted:

well drat if you're pretty sure i guess that settles it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Real question, why do you snazzy socks, Bedlamdan, and the other posters keep posting about what you think the answer is? Why not just let the question ride until someone who is a mod or lowtax addresses it? Why not just let the question ride instead of burying it under speculation??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cool, thanks!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

Then why keep giving a poo poo? Baiting you guys is the only incentive, so just let this poo poo go.

It’ll just be yet another stupid thing here that we know is bad but try to not acknowledge.

Jesus, stop with the fatalistic bullshit. Heard you already.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Man, the concern trolling and threshold for acceptance of poo poo circumstances here is really really wierd.

Thread title says posts bad ads here.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea I think the ads are a problem because even if they get a goon to click through to their site it still means they are getting a bigger platform. That site is toxic garbage, and SA shouldn't be boosting their visibility through ads even if KF paid.

Take their money and kill the ad. Or refund the money, whatever. Just kill the ad and stop driving traffic

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I don't get how it's a honey pot or a successful attack just cause some peeps are saying take down the ad

Like, they paid money for the ad, and now they lollin that we are complaining about it? Seems like some puppet master dumb poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh no, did they find your viral tweet??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I can get behind lowtax's reasoning on this issue.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm sad they weren't

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The burdensome haul of enabling your adblock and clicking the ad you wish to block

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I do like the idea of posting a follow up saying why its bad and how SA's ideals have evolved and grown

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is it still worth mentioning that poo poo was funny only to 14 year old boys and current cumtown fans?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

JK Fresco posted:

A lot of these are pretty good

Start a pyf thread. But ONLY post the good ones

"Pyf: revisiting (y)our problematic roots"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh no

this is a really inconvenient timing for taxman too.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sincx posted:

Someone please get rid of this ad:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/goonbas/9/8/7805.0002.gif

I rather not be constantly reminded of forum drama when browsing.
you wouldnt want to know if the head of the forums was potentially a domestic abuser?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Remove them. Now. We paid for No-ads. People will leave this site over this, and not a few.
lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

unironically love that I got goatse'd by the gdpr cookie thing and thats how i found out why his picture was going around everywhere. very effecient

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

By popular demand posted:

If you see a nsfw link on somethingsanaful dot com on the internet and you click it at work then you deserve what you get.
I agree, I don't understand the complaints where people are getting pranked or a gdpr popup that makes the site unusable - what site do you think you're at? An openly hostile user interface is part of the bit here at SA

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Probably not, since they paid money and it's also a pretty funny joke and doesn't cause a pop-up or malware to be installed

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm sorry that your humor unit is defective

But, I would guess that a naked little boy is some players name, and also, the ad is trying to bolster goon numbers to go troll those people in that game.

It's also really funny to see that a naked little boy killed you. I dunno how you can read that and not laugh

The Urban Dead thread has been going on for a while, it's a goon swarm thing or whatever.

Pladinus, can you clarify what you think makes it a bad ad? Genuinely curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that ad was the "wake up youre in a coma and this is the only way we can reach you" of the forums, and a bunch of people didn't want to see it

another case study in how abusers get protected