Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Actually it's spelled [Korean Character for Ne] :smugspike:

´Ï°¡

Ah I can't get it to do Korean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That guy is really bad and I can't ever manage to read more than two words of his posts. I don't know why, my brain just won't let me. Well, this is really off topic now.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lowtax posted:

I'm trying to get the BRAND NEW BAD AD issue resolved with Rubicon now. I apologize, I thought they had actually resolved it by whitelisting certain ads, but poo poo is still getting past them. I will keep you all updated.

Aren't they kinda hoodwinking you?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lowtax posted:

What the hell

Forums caching issue according to ZDR in another thread.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

zen death robot posted:

That was someones post not showing up

Lowtax's post wasn't showing up :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm surprised in 2015 that there isn't some HTML that will allow you to serve ads but not do hokey poo poo.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

That isn't from an ad, it's from somebody posting a link to a site that is now black-listed.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Nevvy Z posted:

That banner image in your post in this thread is also getting randomly replaced by ads. I'm inclined to believe you but Housecall is showing as running clean.

Try checking out Malwarebytes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

anthonypants posted:

I tried clicking on that image and it didn't do anything. Hope this helps.

http://amzn.to/2elLIIC

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IUG posted:

This might be just me, but does that JobSearchPlus.biz link not work for anyone? I just get an error 500 when I try that banner ad.

I tried and it doesn't work.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Malwarebytes is informing me of poo poo every time I have gone to FYAD specifically the last few days and I don't know why and I'm guessing ads

There are no ads in FYAD.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I paged Lowtax on Twitter about this thread before the new year and said he'd let the ad company know, but nothing has changed obviously.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fifty Three posted:

I started getting browser hijacks on mobile about a week ago (only on SA) and I was worried it was malware until I saw this thread. Good... to know? :confused:

Edit: This one, just got it again this morning.

Andriod

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Somebody please shine the Lowtax beacon to get him to look at this.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Facebook Aunt posted:

I say we put Charles In Charge of this project.

OK, I sent a PM.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

same. do you get no ads with plat? this is too frustrating

No, it's a separate purchase.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I think Lowtax is the only one who can do stuff with the ad company and I have tried to summon him through Twitter and PMs over the past while. I don't know if the message was missed because I'm sure he gets too many messages. Now he is recovering from surgery though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Somebody else want to try to get Lowtax's attention about this matter?

edit: Yes No ads is no ads.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Be sure to read the forum announcement.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hmm the forum announcement says the Ad provider has been dropped? And you're still having problems?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bedlamdan posted:

Oh hey, so it looks like the QQcs thread for discussing this was straight up deleted, rather than just gassed or closed. Mods, just let us know if you would rather we just stop giving a poo poo about this stuff, god knows I've already been on the case for a while now. :thumbsup:

It was moved to the mod-only forum (did someone post something illegal?), and Lowtax deleted all of them.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

drilldo squirt posted:

Got told to post this here.

It's the host of the GIFs Pooky is posting. Seems to be okay in context. Don't know if that site is problematic but for me it's just loading pics.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The ad no longer links to scarboil.com

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can we agree to ignore it a few days? Screw giving the trolls what they want.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Deleted anyway

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

we should let them buy ads for everything offensive on the site and then just remove it as it's brought to our attention. let them pay to act as janitors, lmao

They do chargebacks is the only wrinkle in that plan.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Dunno which ad did it but something on the frontpage bumped me to this scam site: (obviously don't click) https://d38ybipedeka5t.cloudfront.net/us/offer?eid=rhythmone&pid=www.somethingawful.com&ZaSRkR24=1570165979290028

Oh yeah happens to me too. I let Lowtax know cause I think that's up to him, or Jeffrey can you do stuff too?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I let Lowtax know, and I think Jeffrey can do stuff about it now too..

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I kinda doubt that lowtax would care...? There's been complete silence from all the other admins on all this stuff but Lowtax seems pretty solidly in favor of that kind of stuff by this point.

ok

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ritznit posted:

Please never allow KF ads again.

Right now the the system automatically accepts anything when you pay, so it would have to be changed. There is no accepting happening. Lowtax loses money too because they do charge backs on the card, so he pays a fee to the CC #.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah that's definitely on the wish list.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think Lowtax actually has the ability and is going to ban some people who bought transphobic avs.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Burt Sexual posted:

Just quoting

Lowtax already deleted the ad and the article.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's already in the ads

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fsmhunk posted:

Really hoping this wasn't done intentionally, it would be a bad sign if so.

I sent Lowtax a message, he said no, this is weird, and he'll look into it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I saw some weird numbers at the top of the page but they went away.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

look it says nsfw

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Daikloktos posted:

Don't know if it's an ad, but I keep getting asked to download "script.php" or somesuch.

Does it tell you what domain it's trying to download from?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It'll expire in about 5 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Download of This Free Game Emulator is Required to Play the Game. It will deliver ads while you are on the web.

We offer the best Free PC game emulator and have the most updated games library.

IMPORTANT: When you click the "Start Game" button above and install the game emulator, you are giving your active consent that you agree you have read, understood, and accept our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy. By clicking the "Start Game" button, you further agree to receive advertisements through our software. The advertisements are displayed while you are online. You may uninstall this software at any time for any reason by following the instructions found by clicking here to uninstall the software. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any personal data we may have about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at support@eruptivegames.com.

ABOUT US | CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY POLICY | UNINSTALL | COPYRIGHT POLICY | IP RIGHTS | COOKIE POLICY

None of those are actual links btw, just text 🤣