Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Come on man I bought no ads already so I didn't have to deal with that. And Plat, archives, the whole Ferrari forums experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
There is an entire discipline around digital marketing. Tax should solicit goons for ideas and read up on techniques. But I agree the forums are hard to find.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

trying to jack off posted:

the forums need another mass shooter to get back in the headlines

Please help

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
No ads is cheaper than ur latest t swift alumn you bought. Just man up and buy it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

thatfatkid posted:

Bring back LF.

even if I was poor and selling my rear end for meth, I'd prefer not to have the Secret Service coming to my home on the reg

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can we see a breakdown of ad revenue vs. new reg/upgrade purchases?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth123123 posted:

Can we see a breakdown of ad revenue vs. new reg/upgrade purchases?

I don't need, but will take, dollar amounts. Percentages work if you don't want to disclose this to the IRS.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Puppy Galaxy posted:

you guys the bad ads came from the top of the site. those were ads that sometimes infected people's computers with malware, or had auto redirects if you were on mobile things, or pop ups or pop unders or crashed your browser. the ads on the bottom are just animated gifs or jpegs that link to threads or websites.

i truly, sincerely hope this helps.

too much poo poo on my screen in any case. buy no ad

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

coldplay chiptunes posted:

They're back and worse than ever. Took be about 20 attempts just to navigate to this page and post a reply.

Spend 5$ on no ads to save this website

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I spent $2 on a jailbreak ad blocker instead.

Pleas support this s gay website

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Munki posted:

Here's an example url, I think. drat thing kept trying to open poo poo up on my phone, this is the url I managed to catch: http://tracking.crobo.com/aff_r?off...482776798820615

Is there somewhere else I should post that? I swear I remember a thread about it at some point but it's hard to dig up threads when the App Store keeps popping up.

Did you click on the link? Ad views should be more than enough income.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Munki posted:

I didn't click diddly. Unless you're saying something about the clickable url in my post? I was just trying to give whoever the info they might need to nuke an ad provider, and it seems SA code won't not make it a clickable link. v:shobon:v

But yeah, it opens up the app store when I load a page, no clicking required, and that was a url I managed to catch during the whole super-annoying redirect process.

I see. Sorry!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Libelous Slander posted:

Do you guys use the mobile app? I've run into 0 problems on it. Other than the fact that you can't make an original thread, it fulfills most other functions with ease. I would do this rather than experience clickbait level headaches on the mobile browser interface.

This is hilarious and sad.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Libelous Slander posted:

It was a leadership decision (from what I understand) to leave that feature out to avoid the issues of "low content" threads and other trends which might increase by having the ability to create a new thread from your phone (and, if you really need to create a new thread, I believe there is no such restriction in a mobile browser.)

ah I see. I actually have no problem with the mobile browser version. maybe I'm too easy to please.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I bought no ads for $5 and have no issues in my life requiring css mods or raising my blood pressure.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sometimes I wonder if charging a sustainable reg fee, versus spending weekends and nights chasing bad ads is worth the .05/page load is worth it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why do pepeople put up with ads? Idgi

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Buy no ads. I'm a LT shill.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ImpAtom posted:

I just got one which took me to a webpage that started screaming "critical alert from microsoft" and popped up popups until I hard-killed my browser. Happened in the D&D USPOL thread.

Sounds like it was for the best 😄

Does lowtax make more money from ads displaying no bs everyone buying no ads?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I kinda doubt that lowtax would care...? There's been complete silence from all the other admins on all this stuff but Lowtax seems pretty solidly in favor of that kind of stuff by this point.

e: This is also based on the fact that I'm pretty sure he refused to remove it last time there was a kiwifarms ad that linked directly to the site.

Just quoting

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I can’t even click poo poo on my bottom rows. Unacceptable bulllshit.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hemale in pain posted:

personally i think there's not enough ads. i want side ads, top ads and bottom ads please.

I get ads in the mod queue lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Putty posted:

A explanation would be nice. What is freestar?

Sound familiar?

Freestar: Publisher First.
We combine powerful technology, proprietary data, and best-in-the-business brainpower to seamlessly maximize revenue for hundreds of online publishers.