Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

No there's definitely Not, but we can all agree he's a massive bellend.

Let's have a poll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Odd game. Score isn't a good reflection of what's going on. Ireland ahead due to two silly mistakes.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Ireland were the better team today even if the passes didn't go our way.

Scotland needs to sort out its psychology with away games, if it's going to win the six nations at any point.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

England and Eddie completely broke brained from Scotland loss.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Ahh good. The deconstruction of Eddie Jones begins.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

DTH Van Der Merwe is back at Glasgow. Yay! :neckbeard:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Sure am glad we're making Italy look good.

gently caress sake sack Townsend bring back Cotter.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Utter absurd game. Scotland are very lucky not to have lost that and it was largely die to Italy running out of steam in the final part of the game.

I reckon we're being pampered at home. It's the only way to explain our dismal away performances.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bizarre season for Scotland. Three wins, which is great, but schizophrenic away and 128 points against with -28 points difference :psyduck:

Need to sort out our performances away and continue improving our consistency if we want to get to second or first.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I want to say gently caress Edinbugh because of rivalry and all that, but really it's more gently caress Glasgow for ineptitude. I'm not sure if Edinburgh necessarily deserved to win, but we sure as poo poo didn't put in anywhere near a good enough performance. Our defence is a joke at the moment and we were severely lacking in attacking ability, the only saving grace being Van Der Merwe, who is just as awesome as he's ever been.

A good amount of the Scotland lads need to sort their heads out, otherwise there's no way we're going to win the championship.

EDIT: Also could somebody please punch Finn Russell in the head to knock him out of his Lamborghini buying daze.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

HappyCamperGL posted:

The SRU have are setting up a new six tram semi pro league, to bridge the gap between the club game and the pro districts.

In their infinite wisdom they have chosen three Edinburgh based franchises, and none in Glasgow. Jesus wept.

Typical SRU elitism really, it's of absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

I suspect the Super 6 will largely become an irrelevancy anyway, but failing to include a Glasgow team into it makes it even more so.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

What the gently caress is going on with Glasgow at the moment? :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

HappyCamperGL posted:

Edinburgh have joined the lovely new badge crew.

:effort:

Also will now play in blue and white and 'burnt orange'. And have applied for planning permission for a new 7,800 capacity stadium which is probably a good idea.

As a Glasgow fan this amuses me greatly.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The petition is poo poo but the two legs should be played in Glasgow this season or in a neutral venue.

Saying that I'm not in the least bit surprised that the SRU continue to be poo poo.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Keith Russell, father of Finn, confirms what we all know about the SRU:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44428170

In other news, water is wet.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

England are englanding

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dirty cheating fucks

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I would expect Glasgow to qualify out of that group. Edinburgh are too 'wildcard' to predict in European rugby I've decided.

You'd think, but Glasgow have the opposite where they poo poo the bed at European level, but do well domestically.

It's a mystery.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Garland ball sure is the gift that keeps on giving.

Can't wait to see him make the All Blacks a miserable affair.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I think Joe Schmidt will be the next coach.

Never say never.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

When Schmidt left for Ireland, there was plenty of public good will. Gatland left acrimoniously, lying about how the NZRU passed him over for a Super Rugby team (he wanted the Chiefs, but Foster had just been re-appointed, so he was offered the Highlanders instead).

Ahh fair enough then. :)

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Disappointing but can't argue too much with the score line in the end. Scotland had enough ball but just didn't do enough with it.

I like how wp nel was talking about the great redeemer of playing with Scotland before this match, then made a complete arse of himself during the match.

Scotland weren't so much out muscled but played retardedly towards the end. Kids showed they're a bit wet behind the ears.

Quite worried Hogg has hosed himself completely. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I get the horrible feeling Scotland are going to lose tomorrow because Townsend has taken the decision to be experimental with players and positions in an effort to blood new people. :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Was at the Scotland match and yup...I thought we were a bit lucky to get away with that to be honest. Hogg correctly spotting the gap was the difference in what was a dirge match otherwise.

I thought Laidlaw didn't deserve the man of the match award - he was slow as treacle, killing any opportunity to take a fast ball attacking approach. I'm not sure if they were tactically told to kick, but it just seemed to kill the game. We gave Argentina plenty of opportunities with the ball and we're lucky they didn't take them.

Not sure what to make of the Hastings/Russell combination. Didn't seem to gel at any point and Hastings looked like a boy amongst wolves on several situations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I guess so. I didn't get the impression that Argentina would have capitalised on chaos rugby, but who knows.

Now to try work my way home!

:negative:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I got home, pint time yay!

I realise none of you care but in my head you do...in my head you do...

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46870718

I hate this loving oval office.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Yay!

Still doesn't make me like their coach any more.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

What a loving retarded ending. That could have been a 30 point margin win, but instead they did their very best to complete gently caress it up.

loving morons.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Horne to replace Russell. Lol that's us hosed.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

We're going to lose. Thankfully, this should be the last time we ever see oval office Gatland this side of Scotland.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

bessantj posted:

He's going to coach England after the World Cup.

Hah. Probably. Never ending loving Gatland ball.

I hate that fucker.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

GET hosed YOU SCOTTISH FUCKS

We'll hold onto that cup for you shitheads.

Tell Eddie to kiss our asses.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

The big threats from the NH were supposed to be England and Ireland, but it's like they're wilting as they get closer to the tournament.

England under Eddie would've brought some degree of fear and the expectation to win in the first couple of years of his tenure, but after last year's tournament, it's like it evaporated away. Even when they are in a position to win, like against the All Blacks last year, where they played against an ABs team that just didn't seem to be mentally all there, they still got tripped up, and when it came to the big games, they've failed to deliver.

Ireland, I think, have struggled with the spotlight and true expectation of a win placed on them. They definitely turned a corner in 2016 when they finally got that elusive win against the All Blacks in Chicago, but they've been scrutinised and analysed to death by the other teams and just don't seem to be coping with the pressure that comes with the expectation of a win at all.

England aren't going to win it because of what was blatantly shown here - that Eddie only has one tactic and as soon as that tactic fails because the opposition counters it, they fall flat on their face.

Ireland aren't going to win because they need the conditions to be just right so that they can play the game their own way. If they don't have those conditions then they're not able to respond as well.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I think this is hard to heap all on Eddie. The players on the pitch are not making decisions. They're executing plan A to the exclusion of everything else, they need to be more adaptable.

No! I hate that shithead.

I get your point though. :)

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So can we expect Vunipola to be sacked/removed or is English rugby going to ignore that he's a clear oval office?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Good game. I am very happy.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Strauss was the great experiment that failed spectacularly - he's useless and his attitude by and large stinks (he make it abundantly clear he was only in Glasgow Warriors until he could be confirmed an international, then he hosed off straight away). His train wreck approach doesn't really work anymore because most defences are pretty comfortable with it, especially as he doesn't have a tendency to offload and usually fouls when he's on the ground.

Huw Jones just seems to be going backwards defensive wise, but I think it can be rectified still.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

That and it's the start of the 3 year amnesia cycle that Scottish rugby seem to suffer from, in which they forget how to play the game, but love to talk themselves up as champions of the world at it.

That and, to be honest, I'm not convinced about Townsend. He inherited solid teams on two occasions - for Glasgow alot of the foundation work was already set down by Sean Lineen, and for Scotland alot of it was done by Vern Cotter. It's starting to unravel on him because he doesn't really know what he's doing coaching wise. For Glasgow it's well known that his initial approach was useless, so he eventually gave up and let Glasgow be Glasgow. This only worked though because Glasgow had the captaincy of Kellock and sharp fast players in Matawalu, Nakawara, Van der Merwe and others. He came in at the right moment, and similarly left at the right moment also. For Scotland the work had been done by Vern, who had ironed out alot of the mistakes and had put the fear of God in them. so that when things got tough they'd come out different in the second half. Since he left Scotland has been on the decline, again because I'm not convinced Townsend really knows what he's doing.

It's typical SRU playbook though - nepotism rather than actually bringing in the right people and coaches to fix the situation. That we somehow still eke out 6-8th in rankings satisfies them. I wouldn't be surprised if we flunk hard in the World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Richie Gray isn't in the squad because, from what I have heard from people who work in the SRU and know the players, he is a colossal loving rear end in a top hat.

Ain't nothing to do with family.