Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
That French team looks really promising. Danty and Fickou could do some serious damage if they gel but even as individual players they're both capable of creating something. Starting Vakatawa is a potential disaster though, he's been exclusively playing sevens for two years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Ireland team is very disappointing, this is a great chance to introduce some new players into the 23 and try out some new combinations. Instead we're going to learn absolutely nothing outside of the back row

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Tyma posted:

We have to sleep through France vs Italty, before we get to rugby :{

Hey, I'm sure that in the last week Noves has gotten the backline to gel and the team will be playing with classic French flahahahahahaha

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I don't think D'Arcy's done much tv work, if any. He's a great writer so hopefully that translates well to tv. If he's any good my dreams of Shane Horgan being replaced on sky and rte may finally come true

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Sexton is going to be rugby's own Chris Benoit and it's an absolute loving joke that he's still being allowed play

Ireland still don't score enough in the second half

There's the makings of a far better team in Jackson and McCloskey sitting on the bench in Ravenhill and they'll probably stay there for the entire competition since the totally valid return to play protocols will have Sexton back playing before he can even remember who he plays for

Jamie Roberts is so loving good

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Connacht outhalf Jack Carty will possibly miss the rest of the season after rupturing his spleen in an accident on a slide in a water park in Dubai. That has to be up there with Euan Murray nearly cutting his thumb off with an axe.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
listen lads i'm not goign to make ezcuses for ireland sucking dick but its absolutely ridiculous that france continue to get awasy with targeting sexton with late high hits every match. if the irb/world rugby/whatevver they rebrand themselves want to see good runnning rugby don't let the 10 be a loving punching bag for fucks sake

loving START MCCLOSKEY

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Vagabundo posted:

Oh piss off. McCaw was amazing at pushing the boundaries and didn't do any more than any good openside should. In more recent years, half the bitching seems to be him being "offside," when more often than not, he was the cunting tackler to begin with - case in point the Ireland test in 2010 where Jamie Heaslip became a dumbshit and got himself sent off like an idiot.

to quote our dear football subforum, nice meltdown

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Francis should have been in the bin at least but Brown got away with his stamp so it all evens out in the end

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Ah yes cause when it's Brown he's a THUG and should be BANNED FOREVER, but when it's a Welshman it's all good man, it all evens out :frogout:

yes, that is exactly what i said

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Laidlaw is painfully slow

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Warburton was unlucky in that the irb had told referees to be particularly strict on tip tackles before the world cup. As with any other time the irb decide to strictly enforce one rule, the refs get more lenient after a while, like what we've seen with clearouts around the neck since the last world cup. You can also see that phenomenon in the treatment of contact in the air after Jared Payne's red card in the 2014 Heineken Cup

I don't know what the deal is with citing commissions. The same act could get you nothing at international level, a yellow in the Pro 12 and a ban in the Champions Cup.

tag youre fat fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 15, 2016

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
nz nearly lost to a france team being sabotaged by their own coach and would have if joubert hadn't let the pressure of having a fairytale ending get to him, to say they would have definitely beaten wales is ridiculous

Seru Rabeni died this morning :(

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Either my eyes are hosed or the Sharks don't have numbers on their backs. I would have thought they would have to have them to be identifiable for the officials.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Nobody beats a poo poo team quite like how Wales beat a poo poo team

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Now that was Scotland

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

goatface posted:

Doesn't even stop the man. A shameful illegal tackle.

It doesn't show it in that clip but McFadden had to go off afterwards. Shameful indeed.

Vagabundo posted:

Well, they are the only team in Super Rugby based in the Northern Hemisphere. :smugdog:

:negative:

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
If you feel like watching poo poo rugby, Sacramento are playing San Francisco in USA Pro Rugby's tv debut

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/14/watch-live-pro-rugby-makes-debut-in-the-united-states/21344397/

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

butros posted:

The commentators are an improvement over the usual US doofs...

I don't think I've ever been happier to hear an Australian accent

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

I don't want to judge as it's only 10 minutes in but it's been fairly poor, a lot of these players wouldn't be professionals anywhere else in the world. They are trying to play some good rugby though and maybe in a few weeks the teams will have gelled and there will be some good matches

tag youre fat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 18, 2016

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I judged these lads too early, surprisingly high level of individual skill on show

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
A lot of errors now, some of the players look very tired which is fair enough in this heat.

I think one of the players just had to tell the ref he stands under the posts when giving a penalty try

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I don't watch a lot of Ospreys but when I do I'm always impressed by Owen Watkin, he looks a serious prospect.

The rugby world should crowdfund a hitman to take George Clancy out

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
what is the actual point of dave kearney

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Aramoro posted:

Jagueres would be better if they started thier first team in all thier matches like this

If only they could play the kings every week

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

fallingdownjoe posted:

I wasn't able to watch and I already know the answer, but was the Saracens' glorious victory over the dastardly French as dull and grinding as always?

yes

yes it was

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Mister Chief posted:

In happier news the blues are still very bad.

And Elton Jantjies is still very fun to watch

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Despite Rodney Ah You's best efforts to show how well he'll fit into Ulster next year by bottling a playoff Connacht have beaten Glasgow and face Leinster in the final of the Pro 12 next week. Once again Bundee Aki was man of the match, he's been the star of the team the whole year and it's going to be such a disappointment when a French team signs him away. I'd love for Connacht to win next week but if there's one thing Leinster have shown over the last few years it's that they know how to beat teams that play better rugby than them.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

fallingdownjoe posted:

Are BT Sport still decent for rugby? I used to watch a lot on the channel a couple of years ago, but I've not had it for a few years. I'm getting it again next month, so want to know if I should let myself get excited.

A lot of people complain about the commentary on BT but as long as it's not a Saracens match it's no worse than what you'd get on Sky.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Vagabundo posted:

Ireland fans rejoice! Jonathan Sexton's been officially ruled out of the tour to South Africa! Did I say "rejoice?" I meant to say "lament."

I'm glad Jackson got so much valuable game time in this year's 6 Nations, wouldn't want him being dropped into the team having last played for 22 minutes against Romania 8 months ago.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
England are going to get dicked on

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
It's pretty 50/50, Burrell milked it a bit but the obstructing player made it a little too obvious

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
The only team playing any NH rugby here are Australia on defence. Every time England get to their 22 they flood the breakdown and spoil any ball England could have, and Poite is lenient enough to let them away with a lot of it.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Mike Brown is so poo poo he momentarily broke the forums

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

You are a saint

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Fanatic posted:

Bring back Andy Farrell imo

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Plucky Brit posted:

That game didn't make any sense; England didn't have a genuine seven. How could England win without a genuine seven? Come to think of it, how could they beat Wales twice without a genuine seven?

Australia had two genuine sevens, they should have won twice today

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I really didn't expect Stander to be the first South African to be sent off today

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
You can't jump arse first into someone's head and expect to get away with it, even if you didn't mean to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

butros posted:

FFS honestly if they can't score in that situation with Ireland 2 men down I don't know what.

All Mvovo had to do was run forward and maybe pass and they're in, I don''t know how they didn't score tbh