Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wales very charitable in giving England a lot of room there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So close now Wales.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wales need to sort out the scrum and the line out, if they can do that then I think they can win.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Foxtrot_13 posted:

You are right, what we need is Jonathan Davies telling us that Wales are the best rugby team in the northern hemispher every two minutes.

NUMBERS!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Oh loving hell Cuthbert on, the average IQ on the pitch drops by 50 points. Wales really are hosed now.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just had the call, I'm lacing up my boots and flying down to London now.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm going to spaz out.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

If Priestland scores the winning drop goal I'm going to die laughing.

I want Cuthbert to do something magical to win the game just to make me look stupid for doubting him.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wow.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

7 runs for 20 metres, 7 tackles, one missed

Burgess

England's man of the tournament.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Who knew all Wales needed to do to win was get rid of most of their first team.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think that was everyone in Wales not named Gatland. Maybe he'll be forced to bring Hook back from exile now.

As long as he's in centre.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Don't pin your hopes on us, we'll just break your heart tomorrow.

You Scots have taken Dylan Thomas right into your hearts. You're going to lose but you do not go gentle into that good night.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

As soon as they meet real opposition they will lose, because they are Scotland.

And still they will go into the next 6N believing they can win, I wish I had Scottish relatives.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I really hope Gavin Henson gets a call up. (pic slightly related.)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Some amazing defence from 13 man Oz to win that one. There seems to be a lot of willingness by Wales but the execution was really lacking and they just couldn't score, it's something for Gatland and co. to look at before the Saffa game. I'm still pretty amazed Wales have gotten through this group.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

O.K. The Cardiff Blues get a penalty try from a crooked line out, I've seen everything. End rugby.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ultragonk posted:

O.K. The Cardiff Blues get a penalty try from a crooked line out, I've seen everything. End rugby.

Oh and they can have a pen. for nothing. O.K. let's let the laws fall away and the refs can just do what the gently caress they want.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tyma posted:

It sucks watching Patchell win the big derby match for a team that can't wait to shovel him out the door :(

What pisses me off most about the Blues is that they don't seem to be building a team that will win the European cup. They seem to just be headless. I know the Dragons have no hope of being a big team but the Blues should be contenders.

stavros880 posted:

Am on a train so missed this game. Sounds like I'll have to watch the highlights :) until then, I'll continue to struggle to figure out how you can get a penalty try from a not straight line out :confused:

So the line out wasn't called and it turned into a ruck where the ref gave a pen. try.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well, Wales managed not to lose and now they can run home for a much easier game v Scotland.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Raffles posted:

I feel so sorry for Eddie Butler

Never feel sorry for Butler.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Like watching Andy Robinson's England playing Andy Robinson's Scotland.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

This happened in the second round and it's going to be hilarious when they get picked up for it in the next.

Never get picked up for it, it's Gatland's secret power.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Come on Priestland you've been crap for Bath be crap for Wales.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

YES! Super Wales undefeated.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

I completely forgot there was a rugby on this evening and instead spent two hours trying to decipher a hideously layered lump of code. It seems like I somehow made the right choice?

You missed a historic 5th Welsh win.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I would not be against Cuthbert suffering a game ending concussion about now.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

DickEmery posted:

Shaun Edwards is going to cut somebody at half time.

I just hope he looks at all of them disappointed and walks away.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Jesus Christ Wales what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Won in the world cup, this one doesn't matter.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

If Wales could play 80 minutes against 14 they'd be brilliant

No they'd still have Cuthbert on the pitch so they'd still be mediocre.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Ah yes cause when it's Brown he's a THUG and should be BANNED FOREVER, but when it's a Welshman it's all good man, it all evens out :frogout:

He should be banned forever for refusing to pass.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Story of the game.

Another Six Nations over with for Wales. Now a rare game v England before hitting New Zealand.

Poor from Italy though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Half time @ Blues v Dragons and it's 18-8 to the Blues. I've come home from the pub so I don't rip the TV off the wall and throw it out the window. Fortunately it's on S4C so no one will be able to actually watch the game.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cardiff Blues seem to have chosen the old Sega font for their alt. kit

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look at the poo poo Ebbw Vale just won

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Mike Ford "left" Bath.

Not overly surprising really.

They have had such a bad season, I'm really surprised how low they are in the league.

fallingdownjoe posted:

To be fair, their number 4 is the most terrifying tattooed man in the world. If he wants a trophy that menaces with spikes of iron then I imagine anyone would do whatever they can to win it for him.

After they won he had to be returned to the set of the latest Stallone film.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Hope Cruden is ok. Good try from Wales, that was an entertaining first half.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Currently at the hospital getting precautionary x-rays.

Well fingers crossed everything is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Oh well, at least Wales did well for nearly 60 mins before being beaten to death by a much, much better side.