Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Don't know about pets (turtles I hear are good?), but kiting in general involves you running in circles while slowing the mob down a bit, and doing damage to it over time. Or, alternatively, you go faster than it, while doing damage. For Hunters, I think that's Aspect of the Cheetah for speed, plus Serpent Sting for damage. It's not exactly fast, but it should be safe.

There's also a spinshot thing you can try to pull off to keep distance easier, I think its recommended for the class epic quest. You turn the camera real quick so it changes which way you're facing just long enough that you're able to shoot your target without losing any ground. I could never manage to pull it off but I also didn't practice much.

You can see what I'm talking about here (also just do yourself a favor and mute the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3BlF-x-to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I'm torn between paladin and warlock. I was a healer back in the day and I've never leveled a paladin but sometimes you just wanna summon demons and shadowbolt things y'know?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

Are DoTs instant tag or do you still have to wait for the first tick to tag a mob?

Could we realistically pick a 5 man group and leave the starting zone and take on the higher level 5 or so mobs or are they flat out going to destroy us? I'd figure a 5 man grind group could skip ahead to get above the curve so you're jot fighting for kills on the first quest mobs.

You have to get a tick in first, they're reeeeally not good for tagging in high competition areas.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Just wait til you see the droprate on those gnoll armbands in elwynn :shepicide:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Asclepius posted:

:effort: is taking the lead so far. I can't remember, can chat channels be created by anyone in game? I'll try to jump on mumble, but having an in game chat until the guild is up would be helpful as well.

They can to my knowledge, unless that was different in early vanilla. I'd also like an ingame chat til we get the guild charter done.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Is something wonky on my end or is the PvE server listed as PvP under type.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
In as Niliah, human warlock. Also good lord northshire abbey right now.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Asclepius posted:

Try /join Goons when you get in and see if that channel works until the guild is up.

Channel is working, erryone do this please.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
...I think I'm gonna bench this for several hours or a day or two. 3 minute spawn timer on a single quest item with 20 people standing on it at any given time no thanks.

e: oh, before I forget have they addressed the whole "pve server actually being pvp" thing

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
What were those leveling robes from tailoring that are sposed to be pretty sweet?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Desmond posted:

"feral druids don't need strength", so I lost a chance to roll on anything from the final boss.

Honestly the options here are either
a) they're dumb assholes
b) someone in the group didn't want competition and was being a dick about it
c) all of the above

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
We have a traitor in our ranks.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
You haven't really hit it big til you've had Drow try to cold call poach you.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Server crashes and I'm not even at the felcloth vendor anymore :(

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
RIP LBRS raid, you were too beautiful for this world.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

I hate being the highest level pally in the guild, it just means I get to be a buffbot. :shepicide:

I present to you Exhibit A as to why I rolled a lock instead of a pally.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Yes I'm still playing a warlock, why do you ask :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Noirex posted:

So I'm thinking of either a druid or priest for healing purposes at 60. What specs would be best for vanilla leveling? Would balance and disc be painful to do?

I can't wait to use wands again :v:

I've been using the specs in this album. I think Tanners leveled disc tho, he'll probably have a better answer for you.

• Locked thread