Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Leonte Carroo suspended for allegedly getting in a fight outside of the stadium last night after the loss. How, how, how do Kyle Flood and Julie Hermann still have jobs.

Keep in mind that Carroo's personality is as level headed and calm as it gets, he is a boy scout. The fact that HIM (never mind the fact that he's by far and away the team's best player) is losing it is all the indictment you need that the program is melting down and completely out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
What's being rumored about Carroo is his girlfriend got in a fight with another woman and he got involved on his GF's side.

As of now, he's just suspended.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Emanuel Collective posted:

Why would you fire the team that managed to get a school like Rutgers into the Big 10?

They didn't. We fired the old AD because he tried to fire Mike Rice when he learned about the video of him hitting players, was prevented from doing so, and was made the scapegoat afterwards. Flood had been coach for a year when they received the bid. They had nothing and next to nothing to do with membership.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
And Penn State is a touchdown favorite and growing.

Congratulations Kyle Flood, well on your way to being the first coach fired in season this year.

Komet posted:

I'm not sure if it has been posted already, but Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo, arguably the only good player on the team, was suspended indefinitely for something that took place after the game. He's definitely out against Penn State.

It was.

Darius Hamilton is AWESOME (and has been hurt the past two weeks), and then there's Kemoko Turay and Steve Longa. Our running game is really good too, or it was least with Carroo as a threat to go insane every play.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am going to give you a spoiler: Charlie Strong won't survive more than more bad season, particularly with a new AD.

No one ever went broke expecting the worst out of Texas boosters. Still, that would be so colossally stupid. This would be Rich Rod 2.0. Let's say South Carolina will snap him up in 5 seconds if that happened and would be extraordinarily successful.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Another Rutgers player arrested

A former player :pram: He was a nothing guy who transferred in from PSU, clearly he learned his criminality there.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Since it's starting to get out there now, I'll give the full rumor on Carroo. I do NOT have reputable knowledge, this is just what is going around.

Supposedly he was having an affair with a Rutgers recruiting "hostess". After the game on Saturday, this hostess ran into Carroo's mother and girlfriend, and they got into an altercation outside of the athletics center. Carroo learned of it, and sprinted out of the locker room. The hostess attacked Carroo's mother, and Carroo responded by slamming the hostess into the ground.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

rebel1608 posted:

The NCAA will absolutely get involved; this is Rutgers trying to get out ahead of it and soften the blow. You can't gently caress with a player's grades.

No they won't, he didn't actually change anything.

I mean clearly he deserves to be fired a thousand times over, but that's besides the point.

rebel1608 posted:

I really can't understand how Kyle Flood still has a job. Other than paying players, trying to get their grades changed is like rule #1 of what you should never, ever, ever do as a coach.

Our AD is somehow worse than Flood.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

rebel1608 posted:

Surely the attempt itself is a violation

It's not a violation to cover up pedophilia, what do you think. Of course, the NCAA does have a blanket "we can punish whatever we want clause", but clearly gave up that responsibility with the threat of a PSU lawsuit.

Just checked the rulebook. Obviously a lot of it has to do with amateurism. Institutions have the responsibility not to play ineligible players. As far as I can tell, there's no NCAA bylaw against what Flood did directly. It's against university policy and colossally stupid of course. There's also the blanket clause that coaches have to promote an atmosphere of compliance, but there's no indication of any direct rule violation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

How much could sanctions hurt Rutgers at this point anyway?

I'm sure if they hit Rutgers with anything they'd likely never feel the effect anyway, like a bowl ban. I feel pretty sure they're going to hit Flood with a nice 4-5 year show cause if they open an investigation, though.

We've missed like one bowl in the past decade.

Sash! posted:

I can't imagine that the NCAA, literally founded to create standards for player eligibility, wouldn't have a rule about coaches trying to get player's grades changed so they can be eligible to play.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Sure thing Coach Saban, A+ for every player, yes sir, oh and you want me to wash your car? Of course sir. I'll get right on it. You look very handsome tonight.

Nah, I can't see how that would be a necessary rule in any way

You guys realize I wasn't passing judgment, just reading through the rule book, and said they in theory had a few vague options right? I hate Kyle Flood and want him gone by any means necessary. By all means read through the bylaws, they're online available to everyone. What do you suggest that he broke?

• Locked thread