Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

jubjub64 posted:

So the stick rotation went out on my T16000m. I lost the receipt so I can't RMA it. So if anybody wants to try a T16000m and thruster for considerably less than MSRP then PM me.

I think this time I'm going to try the X52. Does anybody who uses that setup have good binds they could share? Thanks.
I'd open it up first, see if any wires have come loose on the twist pot. Could be a simple fix.

If the pot itself is hosed (they're pretty cheap and cheerful on these things) you could buy a new one for a full quid (or whatever your equivalent currency).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

jubjub64 posted:

I did open it up and tried a "fix" I found which was just cleaning the contacts on the potentiometer but it made it worse. I looked for info on finding the exact part but nothing reliable showed up.
Shame that. It'd be such a simple part to replace too.

I can just about manage soldering without burning my fingers, but I don't know enough about electronics to recommend an equivalent.

radintorov posted:

The way it's worded I think they want to see if there's a way to have a single module that would hold multiple limpet controllers, I'm guessing working kinda like planetary vehicle hangars and fighter hangars work now.
Also I'm surprised that they seem to not only listen to feedback, but actually good feedback too.
Yeah. I think the idea is to consolidate the 800 different controllers we have now. So you can use fuel, collector and basket weaving limpets using just one module slot.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CornHolio posted:

I play predominantly in solo and I really appreciate whatever algorithm they use to name NPCs.
The algorithm is kickstarter backers got to name a random NPC each.

That's why you'll occasionally run into Lowtax or Chris Roberts. It's also technically possible to run into Lowtax and Chris Roberts duking it out.

If you run into David Braben though, bare in mind that's not an NPC, that's the man himself. Whether you deploy hardpoints or not in that situation is entirely up to you.

edit: what the gently caress, you stole my brain!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mike the TV posted:

I guess except for the part where you get into the SRV to drive around and sneak into a planetary base.
I'd totally do that but it'd put my missile racks out of work, and they've got kids to feed.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fake. Sandro clearly hasn't ever played this game.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Full range, because pushing forwards to go backwards is weird and you're weird if you do it. :colbert:

Seriously though, I personally find full range more intuitive.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sedisp posted:

Do you have a stick that has a sticky spot in the middle? I figured it'd be awkward without one.
I just set up a small deadzone in the middle, I never have trouble hitting it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I'm just kind of wondering if it's a "they are lovely about product support and their products have lovely build quality" thing or more of a "their CEO is a terrible sexmonster and here are some horror stories about working there" thing.
It's the first thing.

:psyduck:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"Fuel Scoop Active"

Yeah, no poo poo!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Trustworthy posted:

Public Service Announcement: A Clipper makes a good placeholder for engineered Chieftain guts; all the core slots (except sensors) are the same size.
FAS is better. All its internals including sensors are 1 for 1, and it also fits the same size shield generator.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Helianthus Annuus posted:

i think it would be really cool to see more of the corona and how magnetism twists and changes its shape over time
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JimeTpJggGU&t=60s

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That's not the only major change. The individual storage and materials traders are pretty huge deals.

Now you don't have to throw poo poo away due to limited space, so you'll have an easier time accumulating materials through normal play and trading up (or down) for what you need. Also in the old system every reroll you did would use rare materials, in the new system only the last few rolls will.

It's miles better.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

iospace posted:

So the long and short, for everyone, it's going to be a bit more grindy to get an individual module up to Level 5
I don't think so.

You'll have to click a few more times in the engineer window, but as far as materials are concerned you'll spend less time looking for the ones you need.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's not a private server in the technical sense, but it behaves exactly like one as far as the end user is concerned.

Solo mode does basically the same thing, only the member list is just you.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

300,000k will get you an Eagle with C rated fittings and leave a comfortable margin for rebuys.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sekenr posted:

Just noticed something cool and useful. Sorry if old news but maybe someone doesn't know. When you are playing in VR the button "Select target in front of you" doesn't mean in front of ship, it selects whatever you are looking at through your headset. Pretty neat to select chunks in SRV but I think could be pretty useful in combat too.
It's not a VR feature, it does that with any headlook.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Alright, but it's no Cox Ring.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dwesa posted:

what

Edit: I went to OF to find some info about the update (and found none), but I found stupidity
They're obviously not a native speaker, but the point they appear to be making is: if you don't enjoy the game, then at the end of the day grinding into a bigger ship won't help that. You'll just regret the time you spent doing it, so why not do something you find fun instead?

Sounds pretty loving sensible to me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gort posted:

He's not talking about grinding, he's talking about exploits.
I'm assuming the exploit they're talking about is board flipping.

Dwesa posted:

And using exploits avoids most of the grind
If you all you do is play a log in screen for hours, you're not skipping the boring parts.

edit for clarity.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 6, 2018

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It just lets you set speed. It's completely useless with an analogue throttle (and mostly useless without tbh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They have very high piercing, so no.

AFAIK there isn't a ship in the game they won't do full damage to, player wise anyway.

• Locked thread