Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I'm going to plug my "Dual T16000M" control setup again for the new thread. One stick for lateral thrusters and one stick for rotations. It's a very good setup for around $100. Remember the T16000M has very good hall effect sensors for the main axis so it has no dead zone and the lightest touch is registered as control input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
CQC owns bones. Everyone beta access is up and I enjoy blowing up ships and being blown up in a ship. Actually the update seems to be well done and I wish they would have put this in before Powerplay.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
This is a green hud with red enemies.

<MatrixRed> 0.2, 0, -1 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -1, 1.25, -1 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.22, 0.32, 2 </MatrixBlue>

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
That makes it look crummy. Here are some in game screenshots.

The enemy was flashing because he was shooting at me. They go solid red when they aren't. I killed him before I drained my weapon capacitor. Silly me left my pips wrong. :v:

Also I only use this HUD with my DK2 because of the pentile screen. The rest of the time I actually the like orange.

TomR fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 19, 2015

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Make the numbers in the red row bigger. The red will get brighter and/or change colors. Good luck!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
They haven't said how it works but if it lets you teleport to someone's ship then it could be used to give tours of deep space or something. Or get two computers with VR headsets and take your GF on a roadtrip, she'd love that!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I tried to turn in a mission and it kicked me out saying the "adjudication server" was broken.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I thought it was saying "prospector failed" because the last one you used blew up because you launched a new one. It was still annoying though.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

Libluini posted:

This reminds me, I had some big fight long ago on the official forums because I was of the opinion A-scoops are a waste of money if your B-scoop is already large enough. I don't want another fight so I won't recount all my arguments here, but I personally disagree. Sometimes B is enough.

And yeah, I learned the hard way I'm not of the right temperament for fast travel like Orange Juche does it. Back when I travelled to the Taurus Pulsar, I thought when coming back "6k light years? I should be able to do this in 7 hours, two days tops!". Nearly burned me out and it still took me 9 hours for 5k light years. :shepface:

I prefer the slower way, on some days I even only play CQC!

6B scoop is a pro choice a lot of the time because it is so much cheaper than the 6A and almost as fast.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Here is how you DIY a bass shaker:https://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
We don't talk about that bug because we don't want it fixed.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

DatonKallandor posted:

Have fun carting gold back to your spaceship 2 worthless tons at a time for your "valuable salvage". Jesus Frontier, look at your game economy for once and realize that a few tons of gold does not make something a good reward, especially when you attach busywork to collecting it.

https://youtu.be/S6QdY6YDfj0?t=26s

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Just wait until you realize that no one thought to tell you that any progress you make in beta won't carry over to the real game so you'll have to start over when Horizons launches anyway.
That isn't so bad though, I think a lot of people play for a bit and then reset their character.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Grinding for credits or ships doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the game doesn't get any more fun when you have a bigger ship. An Eagle or Viper is fun to fly and you get them very early on.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Probably they don't want to have a situation where you launch a little ship from a big ship and FSD out. I wonder if you can dock at a station with a fighter. It would be funny to buy a bunch of ships and leave them floating in space.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I'm waiting for a ghost bobblehead for Halloween.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I am heading out to find aliens. I know they are out there.

This place calls to me. It sings in strange voices.

Others have too.

There are aliens here. I can feel it.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Sure is quiet out here.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
This is a strange place to have died.

Someone keeps leaving their space beacons laying around.

Wait that last one isn't the same.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I haven't found any aliens, yet.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
What a nice scene to wake up to.

Edit: I made a space panorama

TomR fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 20, 2015

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
This moon has a nice pink glow.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I got pretty close to this black hole.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
The black hole was 2.8 solar masses. Not very big. I dropped out and got to 25km from it.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
This is a nice place to stop for lunch.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
A cloudy day.

Edit: I got a wider angle.

TomR fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 21, 2015

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Space.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Getting some snacks from a space 7/11

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

forkbucket posted:

Your screenshots are good and you should feel good. :buddy: are you just flying around the bubble or are you headed somewhere in particular? Giving me the itch to go out exploring again.

Thanks. I'm only 1000 ly away at the moment. I think I was about 2000 ly away at most this trip. Having a great time with planets though.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I've been using my T-16000Ms for quite a while and one of the triggers has become faulty. I took it apart and the trigger uses a lever to press on a tactile switch. I have been holding the trigger down hard in the heat of battle and it warped the inside of the inside of the switch. It still works but the tactile click and the electrical switching action don't happen at the same spot anymore.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I'm moving to a new place now.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Still no aliens.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

Libluini posted:

Go to Maia, the mysterious plague of system malfunctions has appeared over there, too. The aliens are probably in the stations already.

Edit:

Or go help find Star Liner wreckage. That CG gives a 20% bonus to aliens appearing, I swear on the honor of my dead bird!

I'm in Maia right now.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Someone made a website for sharing binds. I didn't work for me at first but he just fixed it. http://www.mcdee.net/elite/binds/xqllgq

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I'm still looking for aliens.

Edit: All I'm finding is space gas stations.

Edit2: I also got 8 tons of tea at the space Costco.

TomR fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 2, 2016

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I'm still finding new stuff. I can't say how many POIs I've visited.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Holy gently caress the Courier is sexy as hell :fap:1

I traded in my Asp Explorer for a Courier for exploring because style.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
One more before I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Zoom!

• Locked thread