Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AndroidHub posted:

They really need to add more cosmetic poo poo if it's a matter of cashflow, I would spend another $30-$40 easy on paintjobs and stuff if they had colors for all the ships and cool emblems
Yeah i don't buy packs of 8 skins for one ship because i can only use one at the time and i only want one. So i brought individual color skins i liked instead but they stopped doing that for some of the recent skins. If i could buy packs of 1 unique color skins for 8 ships i would because i could actually use them all (or at least More of them since most people own several ships type). Pretty sure there is a name in Marketting for the phenomenon where people don't buy a pack containing several products for one specific items because they don't like feeling like they are wasting money on stuff they don't want even if they want one particular item. Instead they should sell color packs for all ship and maybe have the color skin for the most popular ship only available if you buy the whole pack.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Xae posted:

I just ultra-cheesed the mission generator at Sothis and only picked up missions that ended at outposts.
You align with the station in cruise to reduce the time to a larger station and use chaffs to slow the cargo scans if needed.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Reminds me of battlezone (and it's a good thing).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Aramoro posted:

The Powerplay stuff sounds quite interesting, is it interesting in practice?
No, do you like endless grind alongside people who actively are sabotaging your own faction effort?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lol the open versus solo debate is as old as the Trammel vs Felucca debate. There is a reason why you are never going to get your "everyone in open" dream and it's because companies want the carebears' money and non consensual pvp makes those run away.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

But holy christ, I just looked up docking on the E:D wikia to learn more, and you guys were objectively lying about the game not being spergy. Guess the genre didn't learn how to do things properly from Freelancer.
Yeah you can read about the grinds in the wikia all you want while we are busy boosting and bumping people in game.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Libluini posted:

Or you know, it makes PVE slightly easier if you prefer armor-setups, since armor modules get a huge buff together with the SCB-nerf. Also this change is great for one sole reason alone: People exist who avoid informing themselves like the plague. Those guys will activate their multiple shield cell banks and blow themselves up with heat damage on day 1 after this goes live.
Armor still don't protect modules, does it?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xozlmkx4bLA

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^i wish you could add cop lights, i would just listen to Starski and Hutch soundtrack while playing
Those 8a modules are more expansive than an anaconda hull. :smith:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Wozbo posted:

Is this the cancel slave mission trick? I'm new ish to elite but I've read that Frontier has modified saves before for people they deemed were "exploiting." Something like going back to a sidewinder with 1k credits. Only reason I'm staying away from Robigo.
Lol for a tycoon player, robigo gives away smuggling mission at 7m per mission, no need of any lovely "exploit" stupidity to make a fortune there. Take 3 missions, dont' get scanned and make 20+ millions in one 20 minutes trip. That's why it's pretty stupid people are abusing the poo poo of those exploit because it will potentially destroy my favorite and perfectly non-exploitative way to make money.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 11, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

Has anyone actually managed to attain an Elite ranking in CQC? If so that person's probably terrifying.
I am semi-pro. The real difficulty is waiting endlessly for a match if you ask me, don't do CQC if you aren't reading a book because you will get bored waiting to actually play. Elite is around prestige 7-8 (that 7 times level 50). I am level 30.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 18, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Dabir posted:

NPC scans aren't affected by chaff.
You know i keep reading that and i keep making tons of money despite constantly getting scans and never getting caught thanks to my drop 3 chaffs in 5s technique and i am starting to think it's players who don't know how to use chaff efficiently.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Toops posted:

- Smuggling. Seems like more tedious trading, with an insanely good payout if you have the ranks to take the mission. Also, do missions gently caress the black-market. And gently caress trading, it doesn't pay nearly as much.
Fixed for you.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TRON JEREMY posted:

C3/C4 multicannons, C4 pulse/beam/burst lasers are coming in 2.1
Hmmm C3 multicannons on Pythons with medium lasers, it will be delicious.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DancingShade posted:

:staredog:
Haha holy poo poo. I'd like to see them explain that one.
A rare case of plasma diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

It's :frontear:. The transactions panel has been very buggy since 2.1 came out, prone to combining, forgetting, or just increasing your fines and bounties for no particular reason. It's just a display bug, though - your fines haven't actually been combined.
It also gave money randomly to players probably repeat payment for former already paid cgs.

• Locked thread