Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gmq posted:

I'm looking for anime made in the last year that'll make me cry of happiness/heartwarming.

I have cried after watching:
- Azumanga Daioh
- Clannad
- CCS (the episode where Sakura breaks her dad's things :negative:)
- Kimi ni Todoke (the fight and reconciliation with her friends :3:)
- Usagi Drop
- My Love Story!!
- Shirobako
- Non Non Biyori (it was almost too chill though)
- Etc

Most recent one:
- Erased

K-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Any recommendations on Visual Novels that might be worth getting off of Steam's :siren:ANIME SALE:siren:? I quite liked Kindred Spirits when it wasn't being all Teacher/Student, and something similarly warm and fuzzy would go down particularly well.

All of them, or the one with the birds.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

war of the human tanks

This

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

K-on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:mrgw:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You can also enjoy it as a competent super robot show, or just as someone who likes fun things

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

If he doesn't cut out before the butt slap, someone post the timeline

13:30 - far shot of satsuki hanging in the cage
13:34 - shot of satsuki’s feet, ragged and hanging, Ragyo laughing. Panning up to Satsuki’s face until 13:43, without pausing to stare at her boobs like so many other animes
13:43 - close-up of Satsuki’s face (look of rage at 13:53)
13:54 - Looking at Ragyo talking to Satsuki
13:58 - medium-far shot of Satsuki, her body is darkened rather than well-lit. Ragyo gloating
14:11 - beginning of bad touch scene. The lighting of Ragyo is bright, the lighting on Satsuki is dark, guiding the eye to Ragyo, not Satsuki.
14:21 - Four second butt shot
14:25 - Close-up of a look of rage on Satsuki’s face
14:29 - Close-up of Ragyo’s face. Gloating.
14:36 - shot panning downwards from above Satuki’s face to her face. Seven seconds. No cleavage.
14:43 to 15:39 - Backstory.
15:40 - Far panning shot of cage.
15:56 - Butt slap.
15:57 - Shot of Ragyo and Satsuki’s face. This time, the lighting is on Satsuki.
16:03 - Closeup of Satsuki’s face into a close-up of Ragyo’s face. Still enraged / still gloating
16:09 - Shot of Satsuki’s legs from halfway down her thighs and panning downwards.
16:17 - Backwards shot of a bad touch sweeping down from Satsuki’s chest down to her behind.
16:28 - From Satsuki’s face into Ragyo’s face.
16:36 - Butt slap.
16:37 - Far shot of cage. Dark. More butt slaps and Ragyo emphasizing how much she wants Satsuki to hate her.
16:40 - Close up of faces. Butt slaps continue.
16:44 - Satsuki’s face, still mad. Still slapping. Maniacal laughter from Ragyo.
16:51 - End of the scene.

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs
lighting that deliberately de-emphasized Satsuki's body
lots of focus on the faces
fostering Satsuki's anger made a part of the conversation deliberately

If you think they spent a bunch of time on Satsuki's body you were paying attention to the wrong loving thing and you're using disgust to justify voyeurism. The scene wasn't fanservice. God drat.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Another person saved

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyone care to recommend a good action fantasy show with a woman protagonist?

Haha my brother let me tell you about the show that saved anime, kill la kill

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fap note is the best description of how it starts, but not how it ends.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dire Lemming posted:

I loved the part when he revealed the tiny bottle of lube hidden in his watch.

I'm quite clearly talking about the ending.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fap note goes from a guy making elaborate plans to leave him cumrags somewhere to get revenge for a girl to a look at how revenge can gently caress you up, so it's really only an appropriate title for the first half

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Would it be accurate to say that Azumanga Daioh was one of the first "cute girls doing cute things" genre animes? I can't remember many before it.

Anime yes, but the manga came out a couple of years after doki doki high school

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

2006 is a confusing mess that isn't really a good adaption of the stay night route, while also having elements of the other two routes in to really mix things up.

As long as ubw explains the basic premise and the stuff you learn in stay night there's no reason to watch 2006

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch k-on!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah a lot of times rec threads become a way for people to try to fulfill their own desires and not really help others find poo poo they would like.

I sincerely believe everyone will love k-on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Steins gate is real good and you should check out out asap

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The best fate anim is carnival phantasm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Mirai Nikki is like specifically loving made for your request

it "hits the ground running" in the sense that there is quite literally a single episode of setup, which ends with a man being devoured by a black hole because his phone broke. it is every single genre you mentioned at some point or another except 80s-style. it's structured exactly the way you want, with an overarching plot that moves forward through semi-episodic mini-arcs. the characters... are divisive but if you care about them, you'll really, really care about them.

like I realize I'm a broken record with this show but good lord how am I the first person to bring it up here

Because it's not very good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is what happens when I go on hiatus, a lot of degenerates pop up

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I quite liked boogiepop and others. I liked how seeing events unfold from different points of view helped build each overall arc

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think you should watch K-ON!, then K-ON!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Free yourself from streaming services and watch k-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm looking for recs.

Looking for something kind of slow-paced, positive, maybe slice-of-life without any casually horny poo poo in it. You know, comments about boob size or whatever. Big plus if it's about adults instead of teens. BIG plus if it's got simple, non-slang dialogue. I have a friend learning Japanese who is looking for some nice stuff to watch that isn't turbohorny and it'd be cool if I could find something like that to recommend.

Supernatural elements are welcome, but not required!

K-on is good for this.