Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

porco rosso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

attack on titan is OK but I wouldn't super recommend it since it basically just keeps getting worse as time goes on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

read the yona manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Redline

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

patlabor is good, giant robo is good, redline is good

things are good

except your posts :twisted:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yona probably wont get a second season but you can just read the manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

*Channels spirit of zorak* none of those are slice of life

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

a kitten posted:

Osomatsu-san

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not an anime but qualia of purple

e: it's a woman saving a woman though, didn't realize you'd specified the latter.

also yeah luluco is a decent fit

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The nausicaa manga is incredible

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You should watch FLCL in general, although I'm not super optimistic about the new one.

Little witch academia seems to best of the starting seasons crop

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

more like overbored

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

chaika came out recently and is just straight forward fantasy

also technically re:zero is just pure transported to a fantasy world, it's not supposed to be a video game and there aren't even really gamey world building elements like you'll often see.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's cause the second season of log horizon was abysmal

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That's when you read the manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

is steins/gate a good anime? it's up on the 'flix

yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

only rider and waver

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

in the time it took me to write that post literally everything there got mentioned

the moral is to never put effort into anything

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you replace lesbian with a cast of almost entirely men and fighting with space ship battles and political intrigue legend of the galactic heroes is exactly what you're looking for

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Legend of galactic heroes is a good show but the thread title is what it is as a joking reference to the fact that there used to be people who would basically disregard whatever a person said and just blindly recommend it a lot

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

whoa wowah, wait, did they make an "A Silent Voice" movie adaptation?

yeah kyoto animation did. it was in theatres a while back. there's probably a blu ray rip

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shiki

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i wanna watch some sort of genre show that doesn't take place in our (modern) world. no slice of life stuff, something plot and character heavy. isekai and technically not isekai but the setting is that same MMO-esque game mechanic drenched medieval fantasy need not apply

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

A lot of fantasy stuff is somewhat isekai generally, even stretching back into the early 80s. I guess it depends how strictly you define it, is someone who gets transported from our world to another world an isekai, in your view?

i'd be fine with something like escaflowne if i hadn't seen it, that was more a qualifier to avoid modern ln adaptation dreck that would technically qualify along the other critera

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ty all. lots of good recommendations and i will endeavor towards the lofty goal of actually starting a single one of them at some point.

my post's time in the sun seems be over but if anyone throws anything else out ill also add i like a good conclusive romance sub-plot and nothing too long

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Garo: Seal of Flames

i'm looking into all the shows people posted and is this the one that's just Garo the animation on crunchy?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hunter x hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's Neon Genesis Evangelion OP =)