Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

tbh i forgot most of the fanservice that happened in s1

S1 has an ep where they go to get medical checkups and has some scenes where the characters are in their underwear while changing/getting body fat measurements

it's a really good show but lol if anyone comes by during the scenes where yagami is featured in her undearwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I watched Magic Kaito recently and now I want more anime that features heists, any good recs?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

code geass is ftw

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

the only streaming version is the bad dub though....

The dub I watched was pretty good unless there’s more than one :confused:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I thought Sakura Quest was sweet and effective at making you care about the cast and their problems and victories. I flip flop on the pacing and stakes because I think everything it did was deliberate and kinda necessary, but I did end up taking a couple months to get through the first half because of it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Haikyuu is ongoing volleyball shounen but they’ve only got 50 eps up on Netflix now if that helps

Code Geass is also 50 eps and hooked me in the same way Death note did for being amazingly easy to binge

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Squid Girl

Tonari no Seki-kun

Teasing Master Takagi

Chio's School Road

Asobi Asobase

Dumbbells: How Many Kilos Can You Lift

Nichijou

All are goofy SoL shows and are fairly episodic.

I like Asobi Asobase a lot but it’s got enough yelling that this seems like a bad fit

I think natsume’s book of friends is pretty low key for a show about demons

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lmao

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

very shameful that Julias left Run With the Wind off his list

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Some of the cast/staff did a fake audition to haze someone.

are you thinking about kokoro connect?

I couldn’t find anything like this for grimgar but searching kokoro connect scandal brought that fake audition thing right up

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

You're probably right about that, sorry for the confusion.

I’ve been informed the later seasons of grimgar would have been fail anyways so oh well

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

this is a problem??? going through the grief of losing someone is one of the core topics of the show

i don't understand, do they just do it poorly in the LNs or what?

fail (one of my faves is gone)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i should say I based the sentence of “fail” on hearing a single character death spoiler

It was entirely flippant and I have no knowledge of actual writing past that.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Good points but I just think poo poo like him video recording the ape guy with his phone out in the open without him noticing was dumb.

Also we don’t see what calico cat really looks like. I will admit I appreciated how the show didn’t bother to do “I LOVED YOU ALL ALONG!” with her, such a stupid trope. Idiot was dating someone less than half his age.

If this second bit is about the monkey guy it feels uncharitable to think the show would even consider that route. Feels like it goes out of its way to show the idol isn’t interested at all

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Odd Taxi might do the trick. Also Restaurant to Another World.

odd taxi is a great show but odd rec for someone looking for "something kind of slow-paced, positive, maybe slice-of-life"

anyways im seconding Natsume Yuujinchou

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

that saki episode where the girl has to push her future sight power to the limit is the most intense match I've seen in a sports anime. i forget if it's in season 1 or achiga-hen

achiga i think and this!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Very subjective request but anyone got recs for standalone shows that are maybe ~12 eps (or 6ish hours) that are nice and bingeable?

Some shows I've seen that I'd say fall in to that camp:
* Odd Taxi
* Humanity has Declined
* Paranoia Agent
* Hanebado!
* D-Frag
* SSSS.Gridman

It's not a big deal if it's a show that has sequel seasons, but I'm really in the mood for something with a definite stopping point for the season or series that I could watch in a weekend.

The list above is pretty scattershot in terms of genre but they were all shows that I was either watching immediately as they came out weekly or got their hooks in me and would keep me watching for a couple hours at a time if I was watching them after they finished.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

KillHour posted:

Can you name a show that is a "normal" (one dude, multiple women) harem that has the tone you want? Because honestly, when I think of harem, I think of either goofy "and then ANOTHER misunderstanding happened!" romcoms or "this dude is totally pathetic but every woman wants him for some reason" idiotic nerd wish fulfillment.

I don't feel like Domestic Girlfriend is any more of a Harem than Scums Wish or Nana, since it's more of a love triangle deal like those. There are plenty of goofy comedy reverse harems (there's a new one on Netflix), but I'm really struggling to think of any grimdark harem shows other than the really messed up isekai stuff like Redo of Healer or that slave one from last season, which you said you also don't want.

It's gets kind of harem-y at the end with multiple girls going after the MC, but it's also mostly just kinda rapey.

Edit: Mariaholic is still the closest I can think of but it definitely has a lot of "haha isn't it funny that the crossdressing dude is a sex pest!?" and also it's kinda old.

Idk that it’s gonna be your definition of “normal” but I thought oresuki was good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

oh i missed most of this page lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

anyways op i think what will serve you best are shows formerly airing on WB or The CW such as Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Veronica Mars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

*looks towards camera*