Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Maybe Ore Monogatari/My Love Story? It's a pretty funny romantic comedy with a fairly non-standard couple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spiritus Nox posted:

...How worksafe is Nichijou? I like to watch stuff on the train to/from work, and Nichijou might actually be a good fit. Then I could do one of the other two for the stream.

Completely

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Shinsekai yori?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

Yozakura Quartet.

:yeah:

Specifically Hana no Uta

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

smenj posted:

At the very least, I certainly don't remember the show's animation quality getting any worse - those two episodes excepted - as it went on, so if those episodes aren't what people are referring to then I don't really know what they mean. That said, it's been a fair while since I watched the show.

Yeah, this. It's been awhile but I remember the show being pretty nice looking the whole way through, unless the pretty simple facial design got to you

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Chihayafuru might be a good fit but it doesn't have end at the moment :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Kokoro Wish posted:

Chihayafuru is legit one of my favourite things, and the only sports manga/anime I would ever recommend.

Have you watched Haikyuu? It's a lot more focused on the sport itself but it's really fantastic

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Durarara and Mushishi are both really soild, apparently Silver Spoon is on there too. It's a fun little show about a guy who goes to an agricultural high school in Hokkaido, lots of adventures in animal husbandry and making bacon and cheese and stuff

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Also Wolf Children might be a good movie to have a look at as well. Maybe check out Shinsekai Yori or Michiko e Hatchin some time too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Paprika's a cool concept movie

As is, Girl who leapt through Time and Tekkon Kinkreet and I'd say Wolf Children but it's more of a very sweet family drama with a neat gimmick

Oh, I have no idea if any of these are streamable sorry :(

Knorth fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 1, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Mushishi and Silver Spoon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Shinsekai Yori is really good and is also basically dread condensed into an anime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The Sakamoto show was pretty funny and light but I didn't see a whole lot of it. Flying Witch is a very easygoing and often sweet show though, maybe give that a shot too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Shinsekai Yori/From the New World

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Polar Bear Cafe

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Gatchaman maybe?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Koufuku Graffiti and Non Non Biyori as well

And Hidamari Sketch, and Sketchbook Full Colours, and GA Design Class

...picking a favourite is hard and I'm probably forgetting something obvious too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Shinsekai yori?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Danmachi

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It was alright, it suffered for having to reshow parts of S1 and the conclusion wasn't super interesting but I enjoyed Ais' story and the focus on Loki family hijinks

It's getting a new mainline season and movie at some point, looking forward to those

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also currently airing, Yotsuiro Biyori is about four guys who work at a teahouse in a city

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Nana maybe? I've never seen it so I don't know if it's good but the premise seems to mostly fit

Strange Quark posted:

Try checking out The Great Passage. If you’re open to a more historical setting, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is very good as well.

Ooh yeah, both of these are terrific shows

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Michiko and Hatchin would be a good one too, sort of in the same vein as Cowboy Bebop where it's a stylish drama with some good action/crime-doing in there

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Laid Back Camp is a show about a group of girls enjoying camping in the wintertime. It turns out that it's fun to camp by yourself, but it's also fun to camp as a group sometimes too.

Girls und Panzer is a show about a bunch of high school girls who have to put together a tank combat team to compete in high school girls tank combat to save their school. It's got some intense tank action scenes, but also plenty of girls discovering friendship and tanks.

Yuru Camp is Laid Back Camp fyi

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The second season of Amanchu was good. It has problems towards the end if you're particularly invested in Pikari/Teko romantically but it's still just as sweet and feel-good as the first season otherwise

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Saying she doesn't love Pikari romantically isn't saying it's lesser, what on earth. I remember her wording in that one scene being pretty iffy though so I understand being put off if you're were particularly invested like I said

Julias posted:

It's doubly gross because the boy is a loving 12 year old kid, his feelings on love aren't gonna be the same as an adults, or even an older teen, and the portrayal of this the show by the characters very much says 'oh, gay love isn't as valid as straight love', which, is loving garbage

This feels disingenuous though, the crush is barely a subplot let alone something that's championed by the show. It's a girl being indulgent to a kid with a crush on her friend

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Mononoke - ghosts
From the New World - weird psychics + dread

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh, the new Kitaro show is meant to be good for goofy ghosts and such

Gegege no Kitaro

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
In this corner of the world maybe

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ross Perowned posted:

Looking for SFW anime recommendations that I can watch on Crunhyroll while I work overtime. Looking for anything old and new.

Things I've enjoyed that fit the SFW requirements:

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept
Laid-Back Camp
Land of the Lustrous
DBZ Super

Is Hunter x Hunter mostly SFW?

Flying Witch, Chihayafuru, Place further than the Universe and Shirobako are all very good and on Crunchy

Also Polar Bear Cafe if you like very relaxed comedies mostly involving puns :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
There's a very good cat in Yotsuiro Biyori but it's not the focus of the show or anything

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Moyashimon is a good pair to Silver Spoon imo, idk if it's available for streaming or anything like that though

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That sure is an involved chart telling people to watch something in the order it was released

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Fair I guess, does like Crunchy or whatever not show the year of release next to the name of the show or anything?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DamnGlitch posted:

Maybe the LN, but that’s not the order the anime was released in, which I assume is what it’s helping address.

What? Yes it is

Except they've stuck the movie in there when you could just watch that at any time

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Mononoke

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hanebado was pretty unique like that, at least in terms of other sports anime. Like there's definitely more melodramatic shows and ones that leverage more intense rivalry but I can't think of any that are so uh trauma-driven as Hanebado was

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Furnaceface posted:

Looking for anime that fall into the "Came for the fan service, stayed for the story" category. If it actually exists.

Danmachi maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hidamari Sketch! And Koufuku Graffiti

https://vimeo.com/116276531

They're good