Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Raxivace posted:

What I'm really saying is that Trunks should have been a robot.

Hmm. Bulma saving Trunks after Gohan is killed and Trunks is barely alive, and she's certainly good enough to ape what Gero's pulled, even though he himself would hate it.

Hmm. There's possibilities there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kild posted:

That's a bad scene because literally the previous chapters/episodes was just Gohan pushing himself to no longer be a burden and actually beat the evil bad guy. He wanted to fight then suddenly during that week of downtime he's like nah sorry I'm pacifist now.

He's not 'pacifist'. He's terrified of losing it and going crazy. Which he did when he unleashed, preferring to make Cell suffer rather than finishing the fight. And it cost him his dad, permanently. AND powered Cell up even further.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 12, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

HD DAD posted:

I want the team to be inexplicably 5 Tenshinhans.

Inexplicable? The man already has a multi-form tech. All he needs to do is pump his mastery and strength a bit so the split isn't so bad on it.

...I suddenly remember that both Krillin and Piccolo used that one once, then never again.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

why did they make roshis kamehameha an energy ball? how retarded do you have to be to live in japan and not know what a kamehameha looks like

Go back to...about Raditz. Watch Goku's blast. It used to be a pulse that could be dragged around. It didn't become a straight beam till later.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

VJeff posted:

Is that dub-added dialogue? Looks like it.

Possibly not: judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHN0h9y2Ug

14:02

The thing that is forgotten about the fucker is that he's described by his father as 'a perfect saiyan' in terms of outlook-which means he's an utter bastard, just like Vegeta and Nappa were.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

jivjov posted:

Well of course. You can't let the audience self-insert characters not play as the new forms!

I don't get it. Possibly because they're shaded the same colour as the paper in a pseudo black-and-white thing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Condiv posted:

We already know what the super dragonball dragon looks like

:iamafag:

You say this as a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did so.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

You know, I kinda forgot that for Future Trunks, Goku's dead and buried, permanently. So this whatever-it-is is either wearing his body or is using the form for shock value.

....You think you need both earrings to fuse with a dead body?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Half of Dracula posted:

Allow me to show you my fanfic of Vegeta turning super saiyan against Freeza

You can't do much worse than Supersonic Warriors did with the premise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQRltuvAwc

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

You know, they recently added a paintbrush weapon to Dynasty Warriors. Hmm. Wonder if someone did that already.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Trunks mafuba poses would bring a tear to Ginyu's eye.

Are these 'joy' tears or 'sad' tears?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Xad posted:

Speaking of which, I hope XV3 adds beam battles because why aren't they here yet, please bamco.

Given all the problems with Giant Ki Blasts in X2? Forget it. It'd go horribly.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Xenoverse is the only canon now

Put it this way; I would NOT be surprised to have the Supreme Kai of Time actually showing up in Super to fix this mess and/or lambast Zamasu for the Time Rings nonsense. Or she's appointed/born specifically because of this mess right at the end.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

Watching Kai and

really?

Raditz must you even lie in your own internal monologue?

What do you mean? Who hit him worse before then? Are you counting the Beam cannon that was a miss?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

Really, I'm just making fun of him.

"Raditz is a coward" honestly feels plausible. He's winning the fight with Goku and Piccolo at first but he never seems "in control" even at first like other villains, whether it's him freaking out about how they can "alter" their power levels or freaking out when Goku chases him with the Kamehameha Wave.

It's not overstated but it's more prevalent than the first times I watched this. Raditz not being a good fighter is more than just him being a precursor to stronger villains, he really is written like a bully who only gets by by being a big fish in a small pond.

I dunno. It makes me appreciate his character more.

Hmm. You might have something.

Xeno2 he's an instructor, and he takes it kinda badly when you improve past him. Turns out he really wanted an underling of his own, as he was tired of getting it in the neck from Vegeta and Nappa for being lowest on the totem pole. Your character goes 'OK then, I'll keep on'. It's an odd thing. There's other small bits here and there, also along the same lines. 'Massive inferiority complex' seems to be the thing. And can you blame him?

Still, he's raking in the money like every one else, and he's ALWAYS called up because Goku's First Death is critical, so how bad could it be?

The odd thing is, most of his stuff was useful in Xeno1 and still is in Xeno2. I wish I knew the rules on Paralyse, though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

We can't say. The post game stuff with the Time Eggs ends on seeing the 'Trunks Abandons the Time Patrol' timeline and you're given a choice-that-isn't; Kai of Time holds the last word and she doesn't decide anything then.

However, given that Trunks remembering the Xeno1 character is the only thing that saved the entire Time Nest and thus the Time Patrol and history itself...

Then again, that also resulted directly into Super Demon 4 MiWa. And the fact that somewhere in time, the Demon Realm WILL win through no matter what (Age ??? they state point-blank is under Towa's control) is worrying.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I don't think he just blew up the Earth. When Goku gets there Zeno is floating around in a weird void that does not look like normal space. I'm pretty sure he destroyed the entire universe, he had to because fart-zamasu.jpg was becoming everything.

Xeno1's end sequence had you in a similar space near the end(Only the colour was slightly green rather than straight blue), so I think you're on to something.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Momomo posted:

Gonna third that. Also strange that they talked about Krillin never getting any, since we've seen him with a girlfriend before.

When Frieza impales Krillin, the Jap dialogue for Krillin has him 'want to be married, just once'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE07ZbSuSSQ

From there (Given Krillin is probably a traditionalist) it's fair to go with 'he might have had girlfriends, but never got too far'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

think it having his personality is only in DBZA

Wait...there was a reference to such in the Android 13 movie, I think. The real one, I mean.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hjalmar posted:

Crono would be immediately destroyed by Beerus for all of those Time Crimes he did.

More like he and Whis are chasing around the afterlife asking the equivalent of "All right, who played 'Entity'? OWN UP OR SO HELP ME..."

Because they never did find out what caused the Gates in the first place, after all.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

You've gotta BEAT THE FIRES LIKE A RUG

I swear, if he actually uses Super Electric Strike during this...

A thought occurs, though. "Universe Survival." I'm suddenly picturing something similar to "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" or other survival game show thingies that have been about over the years.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I feel certain the next super-boss Xeno2 will throw at us is Hit, because by the GODS he acts like it. Uto-dodge, massive damage hits, lag spike punches...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The man called M posted:

My guess is Freeza, since whenever Frieza is used, they pronounce it, "Fry-za".

I'm not even sure why, because 'frieze' is a word.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

If we ever see the Devimite beam in the games again and it retains it's properties we might get an answer. They probably never will, though.

It's an interesting thought. The move doesn't necessarily care about context, just Good or Evil. And it's not like the gods aren't affected-Supreme Kai takes 1,500(out of a maximum of 30,000 damage). Kibito takes 3,000(I guess for being an rear end). Goku's specifically immune in all forms-unless he goes Super Saiyan(Which adds a flat 1,500 to everyone). Kid Chichi's the only other one who's outright immune.

I don't think it would be an instant-kill. Nor do I think it'd do maximum damage. But I think it'd be more than 15,000.

It'd be a good vetting process for people working for the Gods; shoot a Devimite Beam and check the results.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

And the saddest part is the transformation is utterly despised by the player base.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

:siren:Toriyama remembered:siren:

Spoilers for the next few episodes!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1hsDHTUkAE5dSd.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1hsDFnVIAAAZzf.jpg

From Todd Blankenship's Twitter, linked like this because otherwise the spoilers will show here.

Wait.

Xenoverse 2. One of the later Parallel Quests-one of the actually new ones-has you assist Great Saiyaman 1 and 2 in cleaning out your allies of evil. Tien, Krillin, Yamcha, Kid Trunks, Goten, Buu. There's no real reason given, given that's the Time Breaker's whole THING.

This whole 'parasite' bit....one part Baby, one part Time Breaker. But somehow the quest has become real. Weird, really.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So, Super Saiyan 4 Oozaru(Judging by size) Bojack. I swear I see the Majin M on his forehead too.

No worse than Super Demon 4 MiWa/ToRa/MiTo/whatever.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Burkion posted:

Goku died first.

And Gohan nearly screwed the pooch on that too.

Actually you know what Goku, if Gohan does have some kind of heretofore unseen super god powers that would make him strong enough to actually matter in a tournament where SSJB won't cut it, here's a thing you should do

loving train him in it first you stupid moron. Don't just shove him into it without thinking about it. Help him reach it, and then help him not go psycho with it and nearly doom us all. Also seriously work on his self esteem issues. The entire time he was fighting Cell he was bitching about how he didn't think he could do it even though he had more than enough power to vaporize him during the final beam struggle

I'm left with the feeling of 'Goku doesn't feel he CAN'. How to bring out a level of ability that is leaps and bounds above your own? Roshi stopped/gave up when it was clear the natural ability of Goku, Krillin and even Tien went well past his own. Mr.Popo's still about, perhaps, but no Kami, either. But then, of course, Kami is Piccolo, and he IS training Gohan.

It's...weird, from where I am. I'm left with the impression he's absurdly proud of his boy, but also doesn't know what to do about it at all. Whether it's because he's just 'silly Goku' or simply the fact(Even mocked here) he's been dead for most of Gohan's life. How do you re-connect with people you've been away from for most of their lives? How do they re-connect with you?

Whis is training Vegeta only, right? And Beerus isn't especially interested in Gohan, so that's out. And Goku has learnt a lot, but never 'how to train someone'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Always remember that Son Goku is Sun Wukong, and Sun Wukong is/was an rear end in a top hat that got a mountain dropped on him. It took a long time for him to become anything resembling 'good'.

Now he's at the power level to tease the gods and everyone and have some fun. Thing is his 'fun' is everyone else's 'horror' currently.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So from Kamen Rider-type to Daredevil? Kinda nasty. But also kind of...a good fit? I'm sure he'll win through, mind you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

These are the Zeno/Goku Games, and Super Perfect Goku must fight full force or the planetuniverse will be turned to space dust. Someone in-verse will probably bring it up.

My own thought is vaguer. The Angels sometimes listen to Zeno, and sometimes just 'speak in his name', like they just know.

Telepathy? Or are they assuming? Controlling?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 5, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

So apparently Vermoud (clown God U11) is really big on the whole "gently caress evil" thing and Marcarita (Angel) is constantly on his and his Kaioshin's case for not being strict enough.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/48.html

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/50.html

I don't fully understand. The God of Destruction is big on crushing evil. The Angel says the God is 'not strict enough'. How can this be, if he's already crushing all evil directly?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kanos posted:

DR 10,000/Majin Buus

I think it'd just be 'Majin' damage, since the demons and the gods are technically opposed.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Black August posted:

Ok so ask yourself this, if U7 is face value a 28 planet shithole devastated by angry gods pretty much 24/7,

What the gently caress is happening in U9

Possibly more people, but it's constant revolutions, star-spanning crusades, and people blowing stuff up just because they can. Nothing but pain and anguish and worlds burning left and right. The Kais are taking a direct hand, but they use and abuse their station freely(Note the Tree of Might fruit being used). Creation doesn't exist as itself, it's a plaything of gods and demons alike. Possibly even time isn't really safe(Imagine what Xenoverse's Time Patrol might be getting up to in a universe like that). The God of Destruction, having known nothing but pain before ascending and seeing it all, is effectively either helpless or a puppet. He doesn't especially want to destroy, because he doesn't want to make it worse and fears the backlash.

I suppose it's something like 'multiple Frieza-type empires, and then the criminal fringe is also nutty'. Not just 'Mirror Universe', but 'everybody is awful' universe.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 27, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Isn't that the body of Evil Grey Buu, though?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It's probably similar to that motion control Dragonball game from a while back.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku demonstrated why that move sucks rear end like 20 years ago

Yes-It splits his power in 4.

Given Goku has been ORDERED to go all-out or risk his universe being vanished immediately, but he can't go all out due to potential death, this is perfect for him.

And remember the point is to blow them out of the ring. 'Make your own hole' and/or push them right out of bounds seems like a decent fit.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The games have often had an 'android barrier' for 17 and 18, but I forget whether 17 or 18 ever deployed it in Z.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

No weapons allowed. Those brands probably count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

A timeline where Mr Satan really was that strong.

This isn't impossible. Supposedly he went all nay-sayer on Ki because Master Shen Dodonpa'd his teacher/somebody. Have that never happen, let him learn some tricks. He's already obscenely durable and strong without KI. WITH it?

• Locked thread