Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder when Dragon Ball Heroes or some game is going to do the inevitable and give Broly Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4.

But seriously, I wish non-Saiyan characters got more transformations or distinctive power-ups. :(

Sadly we hit Super human waay back in dragon ball we need to achieve super human 2 or super human god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kazy posted:

Who needs a new avatar?

mine

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Piccolo could still seriously benefit from it. The it tears up your body part is even worked around a bit by the fact that Piccolo can regenerate. Combined with the fact that he is probably about as strong as Cell was now just by default, along with his ability to put up a good fight just by using skill and technique.

regeneration probably doesn't fix burning through your life force

also piccolo is nowhere near that strong as he couldn't match frost in pure strength in goku's estimation.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 18, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

They are, but that could really mean anything. I figured when Beerus was created Champa was also created slightly afterward so they were just considered siblings in that sense.

Also, only universe 6 and 7 are counterparts. The other universes probably have completely different people, so I don't think there are seven just like Beerus.

actually all the universes come in pairs to add up to13 so 12 universes in 6 pairs

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Momomo posted:

Oh, what I meant was that universe 6 is the only counterpart to 7. The rest are (apparently) pairs that have nothing in common with either 6 or 7.

well they probably have a simmilar god structure so i'd say it's not improbable for there to be 6 pairs of destruction god siblings

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

I don't think it's for me. I watched a clip of the SSB Kaoi-Ken on Youtube, and all I kept thinking was "please stop screaming and powering up already and just get on with the fight", followed by thinking that Goku powering up far beyond Hit and ending the fight quick because he was so much stronger was a rather boring resolution.

you do know that that didn't defeat hit right? like hit blocked that kamehameha and is shown standing and smiling in the preview.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

Japan is huge on continuity. Nothing can change, ever. Which is why Bearded Grandpa Goku has the same voice he did as an 8 year old.

this is not true he also sounds like he spent the last 30 years smoking 2 cigs a minute

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
everyone got eaten by super shenron

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

Future Trunks would be 10. The same age as current Trunks.

actually he'd probably be younger or non existant depending on when the earth killed itself

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Humans don't need Kaio ken to be good enough. we saw wis's training it was: lift heavy poo poo and run. same as master roshi's training, the problem is that everyone started doing combat training and not lifting enough heavy poo poo and doing laps around the planet.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but the problem is, Saijins get to multiply that power by 50X-500X by transforming. Yamcha would have to lift weights 500X heavier than Goku (or train for 500 years!) in order to compete.
I guess he should get to it then cause even with kaio ken a 20x powerboost is trash now

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
oh yeah those dudes were totally not jobbing to yamcha to make him feel good, you know as they very slowly flew at him with their fists out.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

is guldo seriously just chasing that little clown freak and shooting lasers from his eyes? why doesn't he use his overpowered timestop bs?

when king kai requested that the ginyu force come to his planet he obviously had king enma weaken them down to chump level.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
goku is a master martial artist and a wildman though so i'm sure he could brave the elements.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Goku isn't a bad parent, he's not a parent at all really. He is just the oldest child that Chi-Chi takes care of.

basically true of all the greatest grandpas

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Porunga is the namekian word for shenron

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I was just upset that I couldn't make a majin that looked like kid or super buu

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

future gohan/future trunks

Can't be he has two arms.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

StrifeHira posted:

But how can he fuse with just one arm? :colbert:

exactly so obviously it is adult gohan and future trunks or adult future gotenks

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

why would kakarot give even a tiny gently caress about a pure saiyan race still existing, that's kinda vegeta's lane

goku hosed vegeta because he thought it'd make vegeta stronger

e: I would ordinarily assume vegeta would top but i'm pretty sure goku's butthole would literally rip his dick off

goku's banged chichi at least two times he knows how not to break a weaker partner. Also i'm pretty sure they switch, you know sometimes vegeta wants to feel like the king of all saiyans instead of the prince.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
they should also add Kai

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Darko posted:

All of this gets messed up in people's heads, however, because while the manga is super consistent with this, Toei made several filler episodes and movies and GT where people "passively" block stuff they shouldn't be able to. For instance, almost every main movie villain just stands there and takes everything thrown at them until Goku invents some kind of attack that works at the end.

eh this never really bothered me because it's not like they're shown not using ki to protect themselves And goku usually "just wins" by hitting them harder after he's worn them down

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

I wonder about this matchup. Satan tanks hits from Cell and Buu and gets back up to fight. Tien easily broke Yamcha's leg, and Yamcha sat out the entire King Piccolo saga as a result, as well as a decent portion of the 22nd World Tournament.

Hercule is still only within the realm of human ability, roshi trains goku and krillin to go beyond that when he trains them. At best he would have done moderately well against krillin.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Squallege posted:

The androids probably would've been great Buu batteries.

androids don't have ki who knows if they could even be used

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
well i mean he could have blown up the planet. he didn't know cell could survive that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

From the way Black Maybe Goku was holding his chest after he got punched/kicked there I'm thinking this is a version of Goku who was never cured of the heart virus. Either someone hijacked dead Future Goku's body or this is a version from an alt-timeline or something.

Maybe the reason Black Goku's ki keeps rising is that he's constantly almost dying from the heart virus but getting revived by some sort of magic, and getting zenkai from that.

it's obviously not goku for real the way he was talking about goku but i think his ki keeps rising for the same reason as hit, he just hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

Dunno how old your kid is but my little sister at age 9 was able to watch DBZ Kai in bursts of like 3 or 4 episodes at a time, definitely kept her attention about as long as anything else does.

The only problem was we got through Cell and then Buu isn't out yet and the original episodes were too slow for her.

man i watched the original series one at a time on toonami when i was that age.

edit: maybe i was 11 but still.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's because Toonami was airing 2 episodes a day, 5 days a week. They could burn through the Buu saga in a couple months.

they weren't when the block started.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Didn't they only have until Goku showing up on Namek back then? I'm pretty sure when they started getting to the Frieza battle and onward they were doing 2 a day.

do you know how long that took?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Soo If Future Trunks goes SSJ Blue what happens to his hair? Maybe he just gets the red form?

I don't think trunks will go super saiyan blue or god i think black just won't be that strong and goku will decide that trunks has to beat him because trunks can't keep violating time law every time a badguy shows up

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

It'd be pretty disappointing for Black to have all this build up and then not turn out to actually be a thing

he is a thing, just a thing that trunks has to deal with, he's basically trunks' majinbuu since he decided to skip that

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Petiso posted:

If he goes back without paying a visit to Krillin's family I'm going to be very pissed.

i mean i guess the android 18 joke might be worth it but uhh why would trunks care about krillin or his family?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

dipwood posted:

Pardon if this was mentioned before, but since the time machines are linked with the timelines they came from, wouldn't Trunks using this one return him to the future Cell was from? Toriyama is just going to ignore that, isn't he?

time travel is bullshit and nobody really knows how it works.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

It is well established that Bulma has always been the most powerful. Even Whis seems a little freaked out by her now, where as he looks at Goku and Vegita as dumb children.

Though Gohan might be able to help her with the research anyway. Couldn't he turn super sayjin and read an entire library in one second (like The Flash)?

even if he could what good is reading a bunch of books you don't understand?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lupus Rufus posted:

So seriously, does Bulma know the three kids chillin at her compound are the first Big Villains she encountered with Goku, but just kids now? I can't imagine she HASN'T figured it out, but yeah decided making friends with them was better than not.

I imagine that she hasn't given a poo poo to actually think about who those people even were back then.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah but he doesn't look a day over 400

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
to be fair the earthlings did kill raditz

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Hahaha, they wish.

He was killed by two space aliens.

piccolo was born on earth he has citizenship

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Not in Doggle Trump's world. :colbert:

king dog is not racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
we need a new poll because honestly the best is definitely piccolo and his giant nameks

• Locked thread