Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why isn't jaco on the poll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is a canonical fight.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

DBZ sucks rear end, go watch a good old shounen like YYH or Saint Seiya you loving mutants!

YYH was pretty good but i stopped watching after Yusuke turned out to be half demon. maybe i'll watch the rest of it some day but it got pretty bad at the end of that arc I think.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think there is a cooler character in anything than Kuwabara

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Vegeta is literally a better dad than Goku, based on the fact we've seen him take Trunks out to the park at least once, while we have never seen Goku take Gohan to the park. We've also seen him be enraged by Trunks getting seriously injured/hurt, while Goku is just like "oh nooo Gohan" when something bad happens to him. Also, Goku has always weirded me out; he has dead eyes and is always cheerful, like some bizarre kung-fu clown. It worked when he was a child, but it's really off-putting when he's an adult.

That being said, Piccolo is the best dad (and person) in the series. What a stand-up guy. He's the only one that seems to genuinely care about his "son" and is never an rear end in a top hat/tsundere (like Vegeta) to him for no reason.

I see.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

You know, Satan must actually be pretty strong, even if he's not a demigod like the other characters. He did somehow manage to become the champion, and there's one scene where he's pulling several buses or something.

He has neglected his training since Cell, probably. He looks pretty skinny these days

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

but battle of gods did so well because it was actually part of the story. We're basically got no progression in RoF and won't get any in this one either because of super so what's the point?

Did RoF not do well? It was still a cool movie. I don't know what you're complaining about. The point is to make a cool dragon ball movie.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Condiv posted:

i like how db is an allegory for austrian economics, with goku being the avatar of the free market and invaders from space being government regulation and destruction of liberty. except in the cell saga where dr. gero is a communist sympathizer which tries to initiate a market failure (cell) but the failure is ultimately corrected by rational actors (gohan, goku, vegeta)

*nods in understanding and agreement*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

The red ribbon army arc would be peak dragon ball if the piccolo jr fight wasn't so good

i still think that the fight vs king piccolo is the best in the series

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My wish is for an animated adaptation of the Jaco manga.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so uh when and how did the Ginyu frog get on earth. I don't remember exactly. Was he brought there along with the rest of the namekians when Dende wished them all to Earth during the fight on Namek?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darko posted:

So we know most of team Universe 7 now:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu
The mysterious strongest person Beerus ever fought, who isn't Whis

Some more funny things in there:

Vegeta suggested putting Gohan on the team because he has the most potential, but Goku says all Gohan wants to do is study now and not fight, and to just let him do that and not get involved. Vegeta made it so the tournament needs people to pass a written test to join so that mindless monsters don't join. And it has Budokai rules.

If they need to pass a written test, then how can Goku join?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

I liked the last chapter, it was fun.

Why did Vegeta lose his tail again? Yajirobe only cut a small bit and Goku and Gohans tails grew back multiple times.

It stops growing back after a certain age.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's the "World's Strongest" all right. The world's strongest foul smell that is! Because this movie is a stinker!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

here's my usual reminder that broly's creator is in a weird cult about sharing energy through touching and the entire climax of the first broly movie is basically thinly veiled propaganda for it

Did he work on BoG too?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baal posted:

Who is the red dude

He's actually pink, and his name is Buu

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baal posted:

I want my Jaco anime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Am I wrong in saying vegeta got up to SSG level through just training with Whis? Thats the impression I got. So, I'f think its possible to Piccolo to get that strong, eventually. I like the idea he's as strong as Perfect Cell was at this point, at least. I gotta catch up with DBS...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I caught up with Dragon Ball Super and drat, the last 4 or 5 episodes have been great. Can't wait to hear this poo poo dubbed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Trunks is a fuckin dork and I hope he gets his rear end kicked

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What would Japan know?
It's 1000% Piccolo day.

Piccolo day is celebrated in the US on the 13th.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Future Trunks to be killed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Xenoverse 2 is going to be the greatest game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Watching the new Super and I can't believe fussy grandpa Piccoyo is a real thing. This is his life now, and he enjoys it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Pilaf's phone background

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Did Trunks tell Mai about the Saiyans etc on their many dates, because I don't get how Pilaf and co would even know what a Saiyan is. Last time they were around they thought Goten was Goku.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have high hopes for the upcoming arc of Super.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are we gonna get future Pilaf too??? :pray:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Next episode looks like its gonna be good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Imagining SWOLE Jaco

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, Trunks has mastered God Ki already....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only real problem with it is that it made hit seem pretty weak. the manga adaption has to fill in a lot in a limited space tho so some stuff was always gonna get dropped

It was not OK to drop Kaio-ken + blue.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pilaf is going to defeat Goku Black.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

What the gently caress are those hot dog things Beerus and Whis are losing their poo poo over?
Edit: I guess Fish Sausages? Barf.

Also, the new outro is a hell of a lot better than that "WHOA" bullshit

I liked the WHOA bullshit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Will King Kai be revived this arc?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

Nah, drags too much and I think Kai's dub is a million times better than the original dub.

Rock the Dragon will always be the proper opening song, though.

I like the Kai opening song

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tbp posted:

u guys know toriyama does not think aobut this poo poo like one bit right

He's had it planned since the beginning.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Where's Jaco. Jaco needs to be a part of this. Jaco needs to arrest Black Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Controversial opinion but Videl was never that cool in the first place. :twisted:

• Locked thread