Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I get the impression that, over there, only hardcore otaku buy anime DVDs/BDs, and people who only watch it casually never does even if it's cheap (unlike manga which is more widely bought) and that's why they try to squeeze as much as they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Gohan Shrugged.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-25/naoki-tatsuta-temporarily-replaces-jouji-yanami-as-kaio-narrator-in-dragon-ball-super-anime/.93369 posted:

Toei Animation announced on Friday that voice actor Naoki Tatsuta will temporarily replace Jouji Yanami as both North Kaiō and the Narrator in the Dragon Ball Super television anime series. Tatsuta is replacing Yanami so that Yanami can undergo medical treatment. The announcement did not specify the reason for the treatment. Tatsuta will replace Yanami starting with the show's 12th episode, which will air on September 27.

Welp, there he goes :smith:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Speaking of being able to pick up on things easily, in reading DB for the first time, I'm at one of the tournaments and everyone is just whipping out Kamehamehas like they're nothing. Even Tien gives it a whirl. Roshi is freaking out when he thinks Goku is going to try to block at Dodon Ray with a Kamehameha, and he's saying the Kamehameha will never work against certain people.. Did they just give up on that angle as time went on and make the Kamehameha the end-all-be-all of super attacks?

That was because Tien had previously reflected Yamcha's kamehameha, right?

So it wasn't that the kamehameha wasn't an effective attack, it's just that with specific opponents it's not going to do any good, think of androids 19 and 20 for other example.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I haven't played Xenoverse but I saw "The Best of TFS Gaming Vol. 6" yesterday and I believe the last part is them playing exactly that mission you're talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpAfmq-a9o

Starts around 11:10, warning: lotsa screaming.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Apparently it is really, really, REALLY, easy to figure out according to vegeta. (you probably need to have high ki and the more ki the easier.)

I liked that Vegeta still didn't fully trust this new skill in Namek, I recall a part where he's chasing Gohan who runs to hide and when he's about to blow up the area to make him come out a big fish or something splashes in the water and Vegeta believes that must be the thing he sensed.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Farecoal posted:

Super Ultra Mega Blue Android 13 Review: The first half of the movie was awesome. And by first half I mean Android 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBbeloUlQwc

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

If I'm remembering correctly you go see Bulma in West City and she's like "yo I invented Super Saiyan 4" and then you fight Omega Shenron because???????

But that's exactly how we got SSJ4 Vegeta in DBGT.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AGirlWonder posted:

We're watching Dragonball for the first time, and we just finished the episode where Yamcha gets his rear end kicked by that mummy. It all goes downhill from there. (I grew up watching DBZ but he's never seen any of it. This is great!)

I'd say that started from the very first tournament.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Baal posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying the movie doesn't say that, I'm saying the movie is full of poo poo by saying that.

Also this:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Esroc posted:

TFS has already stated outright that they aren't going to do anything beyond the Buu saga. No GT, no Battle of Gods, and no Resurrection F.

A single DBGT Abridged episode using the DB Kai Abridged treatment could work, in my opinion. Then again, that means they'd have to go over almost every episode to look for usable footage and I don't see that happening.

Aurora posted:

Shin Budoki - Another Road plays around with the Buu Saga by having Trunks go grab all the Z Fighters to come help him deal with Babidi.

But Babidi needed energy from strong warriors to wake Buu up, bringing the Z Fighters is literally the worst thing he could do :psyduck:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Caros posted:

This has been bothering me for a while, why does he get shorter? Trunks is noticeably taller when he comes out of the hypersonic lion tamer because of a year worth of ageing, but he shrinks back to (and adopts the old hairstyle of) pre-crying chamber when he shows up in heroes and xenoverse.

Nah, he's already like that in his final appearance:

And he doesn't really look taller after spending a year in the hyperglycemic crime chamber:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Are Bulma and Krillin directly talking about General Blue being gay in the original Japanese? I have to wonder if Krillin's line in this translation is some attempt to cover up the, uh, fairly homophobic depiction of Blue as a character.

I dunno about the original line but in the spanish translation he says "I didn't know there were gay guys in the Red Ribbon army".

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The Goku-vision was funny :goku:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, the Ox King isn't a true king, that was basically his villain title, he assaulted travellers and pillaged villages and that's where his castle, treasures and money came from.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Enourmo posted:

Alright , so Beerus and Whis = beer and whiskey.

Champa obviously = champagne but where does Vados come from?

Calvados.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Personally I prefer Vegeta this way, the alternative would be continuing his cycle of forgetting/learning to be humble in every single arc, but I agree they should sparse his wacky moments a bit more.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Covok posted:

Evil purification is non-canon. Canon is keeping your body, being reincarnated, or going to hell. Just like Chinese belief which DBZ cribs from.

They purify the soul before reincarnating it, though. Vegeta actually asks Piccolo what will happen to his soul before his sacrifice and he says that. It's what happened to Buu's after all.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

That translation sure is something :psyduck:

How did he speak during the 23rd world tournament?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Just skip Beerus' fight, it's not worth it, you already know what happened in the movie.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 21, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

At this point I would've prefered if Videl had turned into Chichi II.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cell has literally no attacks/abilities that haven't been seen before, though? Well, except for the popping miniclones thing, I agree that was weird.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

"Oh poo poo, no more Bojack" seems to be a running gag with DBM now, I wonder if the authors are conscious about it.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Augus posted:

Can't speak for the other DB movies but besides some really weird changes from the canon, Mystical Adventure is an awesome movie.

First one is kind of bland but I liked Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle too, it's basically Goku and co. beat a Dragon Quest dungeon.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

furiouskoala posted:

Would the Evil Containment Wave work on Cell? He does have Piccolo DNA.

Piccolo learnt to resist it by the 23rd world tournament so it's unlikely.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

the culminator posted:

How many cell games fillers were there? I know the two eps where goku and gohan meet Mercenary Tao and Commander Red.

If I remember correctly that's the only filler story arc there (that wasn't Commander Red by the way, just some rich guy that hired Tao) but there are more filler scenes like the army attacking Cell, Krillin throwing that rock at Goku or Cell training in space.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SirDrone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGQWupUBsY

I love how Piccolo is the only one in the whole group handling himself quite well.

I like that from 1:45 to 3:00 that video is basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

his clothes is part of his body dog

Nope.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

AU where Buu has the personality of a teenager rather than a baby and has a hundred Buu penises flying around the city shocking people just because he can.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I don't really get the love for Dead Zone.

The guy dissectioning the entire series recently uploaded a review of said movie. I'd say he does a good job pointing the good things while staying critical.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

Was the Gohan stuff filler? I know the fight they had after Namek was

Nope.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Goku didn't go around murdering all those Red Ribbon soldiers, he mostly knocked them out in one hit leaving them with a funny face, he actually was shocked and prayed for forgiveness when he thought he had killed Metallitron when he blew his head because he didn't realize he was a robot. He doesn't care when dealing with demons, less so when said demons killed Krillin, of course.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

#AllStaffOfficersLivesMatter :colbert:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The pixel art is beautiful, though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I've not heard it about Goku, though it's likely because he is a total hick but I know that it's the intention with ChiChi and how she says "Goku-sa" instead of "-san".

Now that you mention it, isn't it weird that Chichi/Gohan/Videl keep using honorifics with their respective spouses?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

on the other hand, one thing I think is really good about goku returning to main character status is that vegeta got to complete his character arc by finally admitting to himself that goku is stronger and that's ok.

He did that in every single DBZ arc since Frieza, though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kid Goku was chubbier but in GT and Path to Power he's just like Goten so I guess it's just art progression.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Momomo posted:

I find it kind of odd Goku was able to just charge up and obliterate Freeza like that, actually. Has he ever outright killed someone like that?

Actually he did! In a very similar fashion even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoD1BRsKyCg&t=165s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, except Goku has it on him in the third World Martial Arts Tournament.

No he doesn't.

EDIT: Huh I stand corrected, he DOES have it before he changes into his usual gi.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 18, 2016

• Locked thread