Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New Leaf posted:

To be fair, though, as much as I love him, what was Krillin ever going to do against Brolly?

He could have easily beaten Broly. He just had to float into the sky and use Solar Flare.

A blinded Broly flies up in the sky, enraged and trying to kill Krillin. Krillin floats out of the way, and Broly just keeps charging through sky, and then space, and then straight into the Sun. Broly then burns alive.

Flawless victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Alright DBZ thread I have a very important question.

Is Krillin better with hair, or without hair?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

It's unfortunately over really quickly.

The fan art it came with is really ugly too

Oh jesus christ what is that?

Somebody wish it away with the Dragon Balls for the love of god please.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did the original 4:3 versions of DBZ movies 1-13 ever get HD transfers?

I watched some random copy of Cooler's Revenge today on a whim, and unfortunately it was matted for widescreen...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

Thread's power level is now as strong as awakened Krillin, so here's the only fight that was relevant in.

Krillin vs. Imperfect Cell is an underrated fight IMO, as brief as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styJ91Ug1iE

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Hahaha, why does he grab the plane, can't he fly on his own faster than that?

How far into the cell saga is that? Is it before or after Cell has absorbed a bunch of (normal) people? Because I think Cell after absorbing thousands of people is stronger than 17 and 18, and it would be surprising for Krillin to be able to put up a fight against an opponent like that.

I know Cell had absorbed a decent number of people at that point, but I can't remember how many more he absorbed after first meeting Piccolo but before absorbing 17.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Yes it is, Goten went back in time and became Bardock's father.

Who is the Bender to Goten's Fry?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What I'm really saying is that Trunks should have been a robot.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm kind of surprised that Porunga was able to defuse Kibito Kai back into Kibito and Supreme Kai. Wasn't there some kind of rule against that before?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hmm, maybe I'm getting the main story confused with DBM then.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It would certainly be an excuse to bring in Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito down the line, if they really wanted to.

Personally I'm not sure I like what the manga did because now there's no drawback to using the Potara Earrings.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurain posted:

I hope everyone who complained is proud of themselves!!!

I'm pretty into the idea of defusing KibitoKai. I liked Kibito.

Super seems to be capping off plot points from the Buu saga it seems. Between Vegeta finally taking Trunks to the park in the anime, the defusion, and to a degree even King Kai complaining about never getting wished back to life we seem to be getting callbacks to everything except Uub.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

Hold that thought.

Oh yeah, uh maybe it's too soon to bring that up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Piccolo was such a good dad when he threw Gohan at a mountain.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

wereboat posted:

I wish my dad threw me at a mountain, maybe it would've unlocked my hidden potential and I wouldn't be such a gently caress up

Dude you just need to train more. No need to involve mountains, unless you're running up them Rocky IV style. In that case involve mountains and good 80's music.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if killing Kid Buu ultimately amounted to just Goku throwing the Spirit Bomb, it still took quite a bit of clever strategizing from Vegeta (Traits from him we hadn't seen since his pre-Frieza battle days on Namek) to ultimately set it up as well as Hercule helping in a neat way.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Especially useful for that one mission where Goku, Gohan, and Goten just gang bang you with Kamehamehas at you over and over and over and over and over...

Only scrubs use Tien's Z-Soul for that mission. True warriors win without it!

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh really? I never caught this!

Tights isn't in the movie at all, but I think her older design shows up in a promotional artbook or something for Resurrection F.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Enourmo posted:

I genuinely thought people were over stating it until i went and rewatched the unabrdiged Freeza fight a while back, it's seriously fatiguing to listen to.

Yeah, you don't really realize how much ever-present the Faulconer score was until you go back and watch a few episodes now that you're not eight years old.

I had the same reaction when I went back to watch the original Star Wars about a year ago. They're playing music all the god drat time in that movie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder what they'll do for a Xenoverse sequel story. Will the they start covering Dragon Ball Super? Do Raditz to Buu + extra stuff again but with more wacky changes? Go back to the original Dragon Ball and have wacky changes there? Or maybe a purely original story?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Future Gohan was cool, but effective he wasn't. He lied to Trunks and then went and got killed for nothing.

He was even more arrogant than regular Gohan!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought nothing ever dies. Won't we just rise again?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Esroc posted:

That was a sort of ridiculous plot point in RoF. If Freeza could surpass every DBZ enemy they'd ever faced and almost match Goku at his most powerful thus far after only a couple months of training then Freeza is simply broken as a character. A year of training would make him Whis levels of power. So by the logic of that movie Freeza is literally the most powerful being in existence, at least potentially.

RoF, much like many other DBZ stories, is about arrogance. Frieza assumed that simply because he had the potential to be most powerful being in existence that he currently was after minimal amounts of training. He would probably be stronger than Goku had he gotten a grasp on his Golden Form, but he didn't, and that fact was exploited against him.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Professor Wayne posted:

Piccolo is the best and I want him to be my dad. Especially if he throws me into mountains and dresses me with eye beams.

As someone that hates the loving moon, I approve of Piccolo blowing it up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Namtab posted:

I can't believe you care about the op more than me, namtab

It's okay Namtab, the rest of us like you.

Except that one person. You know who I'm talking about.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I absolutely love Shin Budokai with all my heart, but it angered me so much when it teased Yamcha and Tenshinhan fusing again...and then Tenshinhan just shoots that idea down hard and it never happens.

Hell, no game ever after Budokai 2 has used Yamhan, not even Budokai 3 that cut all the What-If stuff for reasons I fail to understand.

I love Budokai 3 but it has some definite weirdness. It has probably the most bizarre implementation of achieving Super Saiyan 4 ever.

"One day Goku was flying along AND SUDDENLY SUPER SAIYAN 4".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Turns out there was actually a far more involved storyline for that in the voice files! It involved Vegeta wishing back Goku's tail, then wishing the Earth over to them to simulate a full moon, in order to defeat Kid Buu.

All characters were actually planned to have their own storymodes, actually. Kid Goku's was the most complete/bizarre, if memory serves right. It involved time machines and Broly.

Oh yeah...I vaguely remember hearing about that now. Sounds a lot cooler than what we got.

The Kid Goku/Broly thing explains why they're still sort of connected in the final product. I always thought it was weird you could unlock Kid Goku in Broly's story mode.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Bacontotem posted:

Why is this thread's tag not the mr satan tag.

Some things are too good for this thread.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gohan has always needed other people to get anything done. The second he tries to fight alone he usually fucks up hilariously badly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Uh Nappa, Recoome, Jeice, Burter, and Yakon IIRC. If you don't count Krillin's death motivating the Super Saiyan transformation, Goku defeated Frieza alone as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kild posted:

Goku vs the Ginyu squad. Goku vs Nappa. Goku vs Mecha Frieza.

e: Oh and Yakon. He would've beat Kid Buu too if he didn't let Vegeta get his turn.

I don't think you can grant Kid Buu just to Goku. He may have launched the actual Spirit Bomb, but couldn't have set it up without Vegeta and Satan's help.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well Goku does have a point that people can't just rely on him. That's partially why mostly everyone was killed in the variations of the Future Trunks timelines, where Goku died permanently way earlier than anyone expected, and before his friends were anywhere near his level.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The dub better localize it as Super Cyan.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

-Fish- posted:

What if the alternate universe is the movie universe? Icarus vs Krillin GO

Alternate universe will be GT.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is this SNES game actually good, or playable at least while being DBZ as hell?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We need that version of Trunks that Cell permanently killed.

He can lie dead on the ground for his opponents to trip over.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurain posted:

Satan God coincidentally looks like Super Saiyan.

I guess it's because ancient Super Saiyans foretold the coming of the legend himself and emulated him.

Well Bardock COULD see the future...and we all know how he ended up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

jivjov posted:

GT is like the Star Wars prequels. Flawed...but the hate is exaggerated

The prequels are pretty watchable films.

I've been watching GT for like 3 months now and am only like 16 episodes in. This show just doesn't have the same drive that DB, DBZ, Kai, or Super has.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Actually, the most likely explanation is that Boss Rabbit/Monster Carrot turned Goku into a carrot and ate him. With Goku no longer around to save the world, Pilaf and the Red Ribbon Army go to war with each other and destroy the planet in the process.

• Locked thread