Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Conspiracy Time, grab on hard to your tinfoil hats folks!

Saw this theory on a spanish forum that said the number on the balls each warrior is holding hints to their elimination order. I searched the opening in many qualities and the numbers are almost impossible to make out with the exception of Krillin who has the 1 star, Frieza who has the 7 star (and won't be a surprise if he is the last of the 7 to be defeated) and 18 who has the 5 stars.

Piccolo may be holding the 2 star and 17 the 4 star, which leaves Roshi with the 3 star, and Tien with the 6 star, which would be neat since he blew hard during the recruitment arc.

It probably won't turn out to be the case but I think it would be a cool detail if they spoilered it in the opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Which probably means we will believe he is the 7th to fall but it was Frost all along :P

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I really hope Toyotaro remembers his "Trunks is a medic" bullshit come the Tournament of Power arc, cause by his own asspull Gohan is also a medic now making U7 unstoppable.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

Funny how the audience seems so different in the rest of the world.

It's not an universal rule but assume that any anime that is popular in the western market is not so popular in Japan, and vice versa.

Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto are basic examples of this.

Saint Seiya is a particularly interesting case.

The original run and Lost Canvas had very poor reception in Japan and a good reception in the west (poor in USA but very good reception in South America and Europe)

Omega on the other hand had a really good reception in Japan spawning 2 seasons whereas the western market hoped it died in a pile of trash and blamed it for Lost Canvas getting cancelled, despite this argument not making any sense at all.

Manatee Cannon posted:

they censored the blood out but that was abut it. goku getting a hole punched through his chest and dying was still way more explicit than anything I can think of in a western cartoon. usually any real violence was against robots or aliens or w/e, like the pilot episode of samurai jack. compare that to the saiyan saga where nappa kills half the cast before being killed by vegeta

And this is also one of the reasons why Saint Seiya never flew all too much in the USA. Due to it's protagonists excessive hemorrage when getting hit, the show was heavily censored the first time around it aired, to the point that they removed a scene where the villain of the episode got punched through and impaled by a thousand chains, and moved to the next scene where they commented how the police arrested him offscreen

It never even made it to Scorpio's episode, and boy was that one hosed up.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 12, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
They were, but never to the level of popularity they achieved in the rest of the world.

Can't speak much about Naruto cause I never followed it, but Bleach in particular kept running on exhaust fumes for 2 years mostly due to it's western audience.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Raserys posted:

If the dragon ball elimination order thing is true then piccolo is eliminated before loving roshi, I refuse to accept it

I'm actually okay with Krillin and him being the first to get eliminated since even though they haven't been up and infront of the stage, they've always have a constant participation in every Dragon ball arc, whereas the other characters are making their comeback debute on the Tournament (sans Frieza)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Unpopular opinion, I really liked King Kai's japanese voice from the first episodes of Super.

Like there was a certain charm to the guy sounding so chill while yelling at Goku for killing him and never reviving him.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Yeah I know. Still think that despite all that the voice actor did a good job and the voice worked well with the character

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

there's a gay dating simulator named dream daddy coming out and this is one of the character creation options:

https://twitter.com/starscryy/status/876577826211639296

2 options to the right is Mr. Satan's hairstyle, which is fitting since he is the original dream daddy

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

afros exist outside of dragon ball

Mr. Satan made them popular.

Just look at this fine example of virility

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Black August posted:

He's gonna replace the Grand Angel and take over caring for Zen-chans and will do 800,000% better

Soon all 18 universes will know and love Satan

The fact that Mr. Satan was not invited to watch the Tournament of Power is really sad.

Since his introduction, Mr. Satan has always been there to support and help the heroes however he can.

It's just not the same without him :(

You've changed Dragon Ball, you've changed.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Tournament is over guys. Magetta just got himself an invincible pair of headphones.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lupus Rufus posted:

excuse me, Frieza said "That's hosed up AND he's cute & friendly? THAT'S hosed up."

Frieza being pissed at Zen'o for not behaving like a self respected villain reminded me of that time Mr. Burns got pissed at the millonaire that everyone liked.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Darko posted:

Gohan is a camper.

You mean Frost.

Which I'm completely ok with. I hope we get more of him knocking stray fighters off and going SHAZAM before anyone else can retaliate.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
U7 contribution so far:

- Goku: 2 knocks, 3 assists, 1 self knock
- Vegeta: 3 knocks, 3 assists
- Krillin: 1 knock, 2 assists
- 18: 1 knock, 1 assist
- Roshi: 1 assist
- Frieza: 1 traumatize till they off themselves

- Gohan: 0
- Piccolo: 0
- 17: 0
- Tien: 0

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

extra row of teeth posted:

and I hope that Piccolo gets to break away and do something cool besides be Gohan's meatshield.

Piccolo loosed his weighing clothing this episode. While that means he is gonna get to do something soon, it also means he is getting closer to getting knocked out.

Come on opening spoiler, i have all my money on you

extra row of teeth posted:

Regarding the next episode I wouldn't be surprised if one of the U6 Saiyans gets a U7 Saiyan ringout next episode...Kale destroys Vegeta maybe? With the way Vegeta has been basically jacking himself off by calling himself "sama" he's practically begging to have a humiliating defeat. As he does.

His humiliating defeat will be at the hands of Ribrianne because it's in the opening and also the best way to piss off reddit/the youtube comment section.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So Krillin being out first implies the ball order theory is still valid. What's the order again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevqjoLBp9Y
Found a better quality video. In the previous version I thought 17 was 4 star and 18 was 5 star, but in this one it's a lot more clear that Krillin is 1, Piccolo is 2, 17 is 5, and Frieza is 7.

This leaves us with 3, 4 and 6 for 18, Roshi and Tien which are a wild guess.

Roshi is pretty hard to make out the stars, so his is probably 3.

Tien's seems to have a lot of stars, so his is probably 6. In the Buu opening it's much more apparent that his ball has a lot of stars and it doesn't seem like they switched them around since Buu had the 7 star. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36zook2Rt8

18 getting 4 makes sense since 17 has 5. They will probably have a tag fight, 18 gets knocked out, 17 avengers her, and then gets knocked out too.

So tl;dr Krilin, Piccolo, Roshi, 18, 17, Tien, Frieza

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think gohan is gonna outlast vegeta, maybe even be the last man standing

Most likely, especially with the new ending with him fighting next to Goku.

I really really wish for a Goku & Gohan vs Jiren and Toppo. Does anyone have a spare monkey paw?

And for Vegeta it would be really cool and heartbreaking if Cabba is the last one standing from U6 and Vegeta is the one that has to knock him down.

Then while he is lamenting being responsible for the end of the Saiyan race, someone comes and knocks him off (extra points if Frieza)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I hope Frieza loses his poo poo when he sees berserk Kale like

"For fucks sake, all the universes are plagued with this stupid monkeys"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Has it been confirmed anywhere if this

is Ganos or a girl from the same race as Ganos? Some websites have them listed as different characters. Since Ganos is a spy, the girl will probably turn out to be hiding in his shadow/some spy ninjutsu crap

Then there's Damon, who looks like a bug and Toei's website said he is a suicide bomber. Maybe his shadow from the opening is not up to scale and in reality he is just a tiny little bug that can explode with the power of a nuke. That would be cool.

I want to see more bullshit power. Where is the typical shonen intangible guy that can only be hit at the precise moment he phases into normal space to attack?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

HGH posted:

All I have is this one blurry image I saw going around so I'm not sure how real it is:

This is probably an awkward inbetween movement shot

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RBX posted:

Frieza has been forgotten in all this.

Frieza will get dunked by Kale next episode.

He won't get ringed out though. That honor will be reserved for Caulifla after she reaches Super Saiyan Orange and reddit and youtube will cry tears of salty saltiness

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Two possibilities: Cell repented and passed on (possible since he felt he was invincible and perfect but was defeated) or purely mechanical beings don't go to Otherworld. I mean, has anyone seen Android 16?

The King Yemma from U3 has the easiest and most boring job of them all.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lunatic Sledge posted:

It will come down to Jiren, Goku and Gohan

and then Goku will step off the stage to let Gohan have the fight, mirroring the dumb poo poo he pulled in the Cell Games

I hope this.

Instead of jumping off the edge, Goku somehow managed to sneak a senzu bean in and gives it to Jiren, getting disqualified and loving Gohan over again.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you were born in universe 9 but moved to a different universe at some point, were you still deleted when zeno erased u9

I'd say no. Zeno's universe buster didn't home in on Future Trunks and Future Mai, but maybe jumping timelines protected them.

Covok posted:

It was implied that'd be the case when Freeza was fighting those minions.

The opposite was implied. Frieza joining U9 would save him from getting deleted alongside U7 if he helped them win.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91eIDu6Aw-8&t=3s

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
One thing that I found pretty random these last episodes is Frieza's overconfidence.

Like yeah, he was always arrogant, but back in RoF he literally shat his pants when he saw Beerus.

He was able to overcome the energy of destruction so maybe he doesn't see Beerus as much of a threat anymore, but he is already believing that he can overcome the 2 beings that can think you out of existence?

Either Frieza is gonna get bodied, throw a tantrum and get erased on the spot, or he is really gonna win and get to wish himself stronger than Zen'o.

My money is on the former.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This got me thinking. We have girl Super Saiyans, one of the games has female Buus. When are we getting female Frieza?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of alien races, why isn't the Yadrat guy XMenFirstClassAzazeling the poo poo out of everyone? Is instant transmission disabled too?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjvQHjHaDw

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Manga is out

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Momomo posted:

Of all the things to keep, they decide that's the most important? Why is this arc doomed to have such a terrible ending.

Cause it's Future Trunks. He is doomed to have terrible things happen to him.

Though I agree it makes even less sense here cause why would Zen'o erase the whole timeline instead of just the Zamasus? In the anime it made sense cause Giygazamasu had FUSED with the timeline

Toyotaro just made the anime ending make more sense

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TFRazorsaw posted:

and even then there are no supreme kais to fulfill the role of gods of creation.

Kais grow from trees. They could just grow more.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also don't know in the manga, but pretty sure Gowasu's conversation while watching the pterodactyl people implies that they do not create life and that their job as Kai is to guide them. Each different Kai takes a difference stance on what "guiding" means with the most inneficient ones doing nothing and letting ningens sort things out themselves

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I miss Zamasu. He was such a fine young lad. One of the reasons I want a new thread is so that I can change my vote to Zamasu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Power levels were the lazy way to write fights back in the 90s.

"Oh no, Goku's power level is 1000 and Frieza's completely trashing him with his 50000 power level!

Oh! Goku's power level is now 50050! The battle is decided!"

Like seriously just check the official list. Whenever a good guy is getting curbstomped, it's due to a huge gap in said power levels, but when suddenly the hero power ups and starts delivering said rear end beating, the power level difference is less of 5%

• Locked thread