Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Did it live up to the 4 star hold for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Amorphous Blob posted:

i dont understand

http://www.amazon.com/Dragonball-Hair-Styling-Wax-Hard/dp/B00F5GTPNC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442361092&sr=8-2&keywords=dragonball+hair

That dragonball that is in half, unless I'm mistaken it's from the hair wax that is on offer.

I have the 7 star one.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So this is what I got in this past week up to today, a mail haul of sorts!

My SDCC 2015 Goku :D Apparently the guy decided since it did NOT come with a brown shipper since it was a SDCC figure, he'd put it in some obscure one instead. I was very pleased.

Also just got in my Medico's Goku statue

My effects for my S.H. Figuarts:

Makankosappo (Special Beam Canon)

Kamehameha

Galick Gun!

All three together.

Lastly, my new Vegeta Pop! for scale.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if the DBS manga revealing that you can use the Dragon Balls to wish a Potara fusion undone is going to be relevant later on or if it's just an excuse to bring back the original Supreme Kai and Kibito characters.

Hooray for bringing them back....

Said nobody ever.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This is awesome.

Raxivace posted:

Super seems to be capping off plot points from the Buu saga it seems. Between Vegeta finally taking Trunks to the park in the anime, the defusion, and to a degree even King Kai complaining about never getting wished back to life we seem to be getting callbacks to everything except Uub.

Can't have a callback to something that hasn't happened yet. Uub first appears in the epilogue of DragonBall Z, which takes place 10 years after Kid Buu is defeated. Super takes place 6 months after.

There is also the issue where Bulma reams out Goku for not coming to see them for at least 5 years, so we have about 4 1/2 years for Super to take place during.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

deadly_pudding posted:

Gonna watch Resurrection of F this weekend when it goes up for digital rental on Google Play. I'm surprised Funimation hasn't bothered hosting some of the older movies like that. It's nice to be able to toss $4 bucks at google for a thing that I want to watch exactly once.

I got the itch to watch the Bojack movie the other day, and was totally willing to pay to rent it like that, but instead I had to watch some rando's lovely youtube upload with artifacting and copyright filter avoidance measures. You're leaving money on the table, Funimation :homebrew:

After seeing random Tree of Might Gifs around, I wanted to rewatch that movie recently, and I ended up in the same boat. Looking for some lovely Youtube video. Didn't even bother watching it after the ridiculous forest fire clean up though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Professor Wayne posted:

Fuckin Chiaotzu misunderstood when told to bring the pot.

Chiaotzu is an imaginary friend of Tien, so of course he couldn't bring it.

New Leaf posted:

Hey guys. What if Beerus is the Yamcha of the Destroyer God realm? Or worse - what if he's the Chiaotzu?

See above... Whis may be really lonely...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bad Seafood posted:

As Amorphous Blob is now banned, I will be instituting the Hercule tag in commemoration of Earth's mightiest warrior.

:swoon: Thank you.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Today was a good day for Dragon all. Resurrection F released on physical media ( could apparently rent it before now) and Butoden came out in the west :D for USA at least, it was out in EU a few days ago.

Butoden is at first appearance a rather simple fighting game though. Still fun, but not as much depth as I was hoping it to have even after the demo. Seeing as it is arc says. Under an hour in though, so maybe I'm just not that invested.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Baal posted:

Why the gently caress does the laser ring work on Goku who is omnipowerful god as far as Freeza's tech is concerned? That is an actual stupid thing considering the dude has been hit by far worse. I like how you bring up Vegeta not killing him faster when literally nothing about the situation changed and Goku coming at Freeza somehow put Freeza in the exact same place you're accusing Vegeta of. It is not the movie reprimanding Vegeta for not killing him sooner because Vegeta didn't do anything wrong, it is the movie trying to punish Goku because he didn't kill Freeza sooner so it can make its dumb point on Goku's character. Freeza didn't do anything wrong by DBZ logic when he just freezes up as Goku dives at him and it's treated as if Goku learned a lesson, so Vegeta actually played no role in his own punishment because that is not about him.

Whis specifically calls Goku out earlier in the movie about how he is too overconfident and lets his guard down constantly.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

jivjov posted:

So was the opening shot supposed to be a Two Towers reference?

The jet fuel line? Yes.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ginyu owns even though it's not his original body but the deciding factor for me will certainly be if Vegeta vs Gold Frieza goes on for a fair amount longer than in the movie.
I know that the padding in BoG Super sucked a lot of life out for the most part but Vegeta only getting a 40 second or so stretch at the end of RoF sucked.

Super seems to be making it feel like Vegeta is actually stronger than Goku right now though, which is nice.

'Original body'? We have no idea what Ginyu first looks like, he had to perfect the body change technique, so the one he first appears as could have been his fifth body for all we know.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
TFS's top 24 movies have already covered all the Broly stuff. Kind of surpised honestly.

Lord Slug, World's Strongest, Tree of Might all have yet to make an appearance! But then again, they have 16 more movies to go through, and I haven't even seen most of the Dragon Ball movies.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

VJeff posted:

I'm surprised they haven't gotten to Broly 1 yet, that movie was boring as sin.

Why did Broly get three movies? Dude is about as interesting as a rake.

teamfourstar.com is updated daily, and they do a aggregate video on youtube. You're a bit behind.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Testekill posted:

Actually Broly is boring and lame. He's just an unstoppable force of nature who doesn't really have much going for him. Janemba is far superior in that it has the fat giant version but also Super Janemba which seems much more menacing and there are creative visuals like how it teleports.

I like Broly for one reason, his fight scenes in the first movie. The movie sucked in storytelling and just being entertaining, until like the last 15 minutes or so. For the time it came out I was in my early teens, and it was mind blowing how awesome this punch mans was.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Yeah the TFS ranking videos come out in the afternoon. So today's is up now.

As for the latest episode of Super, I was a little disappointed with "that place" that Whis sends Vegeta/Goku to. It was about 10 seconds of "Oh noes I can't do anything' and then immediately Vegeta going "Wait if I do this specific thing that we don't really bother with at all, magically I can move fine and this is no longer a problem'.

If there was SOME foreshadowing for it, like Whis telling him off for how he managed his ki or something, that would at least make more sense. It's just really jarring as is.

Unless there was something, but it was like a month ago so I forgot. :shobon:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blockhouse posted:

also goten and trunks would take up two slots and are 100% likely to gently caress up and do nothing of worth

buu is super strong all the time and not just for thirty minutes

But Goten/Trunks take up 1 slot as MIGHTY MASK!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Farecoal posted:

I liked Dead Zone better than FB solely because Piccolo is way better than Vegeta.

Why did everyone in GT have such massive jaws? Piccolo looked like he had gout

Sorry I'm not following, Dead Zone you like better the Fusion Reborn? Because I can't think of a different movie that would match FB. Fusion Reborn had some entertaining jokes about pretty much Halloween and Janemba being a mildly entertaining Buu ripoff with no personality at all. An enjoyable movie definitely, but ultimately worthless in terms of story. I feel like Janemba was such a massive failure though as a villain. So cool in design and stuff, but soulless.

E: Can someone explain the tea muffin button joke? I just, can't follow where it comes from or parodies.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 20, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Another continuity question, how can trunks get his sword from tap ion as a kid, then travel back in time to use it on King cold? In his timeline, Goku died early to the androids and goten was never born. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Manatee Cannon posted:

y'all were right, xenoverse is cool

but man, that trunks sound clip where he says 'hey' is so amazingly bad. it's like it's being played through a gba or something

That's the sound that goes off when I get a text message. It never fails to get my attention.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Reinanigans posted:

Watch the Kai version that cuts out all the filler instead. Is more betterer

Kai of the Buu Saga ( Including Saiyaman/World Tournament as well ) is still 61 episodes.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

visceril posted:

IIRC they mentioned in one of their videos that either him or Sonny (the guy who does Krillin) perceives the Abridged series as an insult to their performance.

Well, to be fair, Krillin/Goku both get the poo poo end of the stick in comparison to their original performances. They are both caricatures to an extreme of their original design. On the other hand, Vegeta is almost the pinnacle of what he stood for in the original series.

I mean poo poo, if I voiced a character and brought him to life for a generation, and then one of the major things that character became known for in abridged was loving "Muffin Button", I don't know if I would appreciate it that much either.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Haha, of course the missing super dragon ball is the four-star one.

Now I wanna know if its hiding place is Earth or something.

:aaaaa:

I would love this.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I finally got to catch up on the thread since Dragon Team released their subs and I got to watch them tonight.

I really doubt Frost was responsible for what happened to Goku, he looks surprised and exclaims how Goku is wide open before he takes him out. I would assume it was either Hit or Vados doing something.

It is quite amusing to see how much of a through the looking glass character set up everyone has been up to this point. Champa doesn't really care about staying the course of a god of destruction like Beerus, Vados is more of a force to push him down that path than Whis was to Beerus as well. The Saiyans and Arcosians(?) being forces of good to start with as well.

Speaking of Freiza's race, have they ever talked about that at all? I was disappointed to see everyone refer to Frost as Universe 6's Frieza, instead of another of his race.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Freeza's race hasn't been named officially at all. Even in Xenoverse it's just "Freeza's race".

Frost is referred to as Universe 6's Freeza because that's exactly what he is. He's of the same race, has the same position, the same voice, and is the same kind of mutant with ungodly power. He isn't just another one of his race, he seems to literally be Freeza's U6 version.

Where the hell did Arcosian come from then?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Now that the anime is ahead of the manga I've started watching it. I heard the animation was bad, but I still wasn't prepared for this. I guess the Super manga will be the definitive version when it's finished.

Are you watching the blu ray remaster release?

Also, people constantly complaining about the animation REALLY need to look at the original series. If you're expecting amazing art, you're watching the wrong series.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

There have been two laughably bad episodes - 5 and the first episode Goku fights Frieza in. The rest is on par with the rest of the series.

Episode 5 got brought up to close to the rest of the series with the blu-ray release at least. But those two are exceptions, not the rule.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

I don't think this one is fair, this is just a consequence of the medium. Its a weekly show, as it was meant to be seen, a person would have 7 full days between seeing those two scenes, so it wouldn't be that jarring. Now of course, it is more noticeable in our modern world of Blu-rays and TV show marathons, but I will give them some slack.

The other ones are hilariously bad :v:

:suicide:

Consequence of the medium? Don't try and say that Super is bad because it's just not animated well, and then try and white knight the exact same problem in the saga you claim is animated better. it's not like a week has gotten longer in the time between the Buu Saga and Super.

Anime in general is a victim of it's own success, and it's been said several times in interviews with animators. There just isn't enough time in the Japanese animation schedule to warrant the production schedules that they adhere to. It isn't a recent problem either.

The speed at which people consume and can give feedback on products is insanely faster than previous generations, exacerbating the problem to the nth degree.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Augus posted:

Weekly long-form shows with little in the way of "off-season" time are always gonna have poo poo like this. Hell shows with less demanding schedules have these issues.

Super's animation is okay, it's predictably inconsistent. It does have a different art and coloring style from the original though so I can easily see how people would like it less than the original.

The coloring I totally agree with. While it doesn't bother me, I can see that argument. However claiming that the animation in the old show was somehow perfect and this is making GBS threads all over it? That is obscene. The problem is that even shows like Attack on Titan have had this issue, and that Anime had a much shorter run. The main problem I see is just the fact that we're in HD now, so you can't hide nearly as much poo poo as you used to be able to get away with, and the fact that the internet let's you bitch about something for minimal effort. It's not like 20+ years ago when you would have to take out a pen and paper, and write out your opinion, mail it to a studio and hope it got read by someone.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Covok posted:

Did they only do this for episode 5 or the entire series?
Episode 5 is the most egregious. All of them have better animation overall, but in the end the fifth one is the one that needed it most.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

My biggest gripe was that the outfits had STATS tied to them! Goku doesn't wear his outfit because it maximizes his Ki output, he wears it because that's what the gently caress he wears and gently caress you for asking. I wanted to be able to make my own stylized character without having to worry about restrictions and you end up looking just like everyone else. DBX2 needs to disconnect stats and gear entirely, or let you use a "cosmetic" set over your actual set.

The stats weren't game breaking though. If you truly wanted to min/max your character you would care, but otherwise you can barely notice the changes they give. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

Goku should stop hogging all of the good techniques and teach Piccolo the Kaio-Ken, then he could multiply his power and keep up with the big boys. I mean how many times does the universe have to be in danger because Goku is the only one who knows how to teleport? Its just irresponsible to keep these moves to himself, especially considering how often he shamelessly steals Tiens techniques.

Really though, Goku has never been a teacher. He's a fighter. I doubt he even knows how to teach those skills to another fighter.

King Kai however is a dick head. Maybe he's just ornery about being dead all these years and won't teach anyone else how to Kaio-ken!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This seriously is just the regular intro which is all fantastic, spliced with almost all of the bad cuts in Episode 5? Low effort :(

Episode 5 was definitely the worst, got improved on the blu-ray release, but just using that one episode to go off of? There are plenty of bad animation scenes to use outside of that dead horse of a episode.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Babe Magnet posted:

check out the date, episode 6 hadn't even aired yet, ya' ding-dong

episode 5 was about the time people really started noticing how bad things had gotten

Consider me rightfully both dinged and donged. It is kind of a dead horse to bring up Episode 5's animation when it's already been fixed.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

I love Twin Peaks. Shame the ending was hot garbage.

But we're getting a new one to 'fix' it soon right?!

I never finished watching Twin Peaks. Got to the big reveal and just stopped. I think there were at least 2-3 more episodes after.

As for the new episode. I find it amusing that a lot of people that have thrown shade on Super are saying that the latest episode is the most Z-like and they love it. A good chunk of this episode is exactly why Dragon Ball gets the "It's just about guys yelling" joke. Twice we get Vegeta simply yelling while other people are reacting to it.

Granted, I enjoyed the episode a lot, however I've enjoyed Super as a whole, I just found these "OMG Just like Z" comments amusing.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, but Goku already went. Monaka can go, lose, and then they'll *mumble mumble Frost was cheating mumble mumble* and then Goku gets to go for a round 2.

But you see, that conversation actually already happened. Monaka is still going last, with Goku stepping in once Vegeta loses eventually.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

visceril posted:

Must...not...discuss physics...in anime.....

Physics in our world =/= Physics in Anime. Not sure what the problem is.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I saw him more as U6 Tarble, honestly.

I took it more as Vegeta from U6's son, with the prideful King being Vegeta from U6 that he mentions.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope we find that U6's Prideful Saiyan King is none other than Evil Goku 3.5, personally. Haven't had one in a while.

:suicide:

Kild posted:

actually it'll be Bardock and Caba is goku's lil bro.

I would be fine with this. Cabba does not say that the prideful King is his father or anything.

multijoe posted:

You know how in Star Trek Spock teaches Mirror Spock about pacifism and completely fucks over the balance of power in his universe? Well replace pacifism with 'insane power multiplier' and the subjects being a race of belligerent, maurauding space-dicks, everything is going to go fantastic.

Oh, so they get an arch around finding Planet Vegeta V2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder when Dragon Ball Heroes or some game is going to do the inevitable and give Broly Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4.

But seriously, I wish non-Saiyan characters got more transformations or distinctive power-ups. :(

Maybe you didn't realize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mGcnQDSgM

Already been done.

• Locked thread