Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I'm hoping some desperate candidate goes nuclear tonight. Huckabee? Christie? Paul?

God willing Cruz kamikazes into Carson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Senf posted:

My money is on Christie and Paul going insane right around the 1-hour mark and Huckabee finally joining them about 30 minutes later. It'll be a slow burn but a big boom.

My actual bet is Fiorina.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
These debates are really angry tonight!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I want Gruber's brother to walk out of that plane.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
It always surprises me that David Axelrod isn't black. I do not know why I think he is black.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Constant Hamprince posted:

he looks sort of like Michael Steele

No poo poo I had never seen him until 5 months ago and was shocked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

missed the debate, but found this great summary on twitter:

I'm going to sound bad, but I've been wondering the same exact thing. Also how many Jews are in the media, because there seems to be a lot and they won't shut up about being Jews.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Zelder posted:

yes but are you also angrily asking how many jews there are in america?

Hey! I'm not angry and only wondering about media.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

A lot of the news I consume is New York or beltway based and a lot of the personalities talk about having Jewish ancestory or are Jews. If anything I'm annoyed since it is only one point of few on issues and would like to hear from blacks, Hispanics, Asians, middle eastern, or other white Americans.

Zelder posted:

you've gotta be kidding me fam

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Joementum posted:

Maybe she thinks we need to identify them. Some sort of permanent numbering system.

should add a box to the census.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

if you're being honest, there are a lot of Jews in the media because there were a lot of Jewish people in showbusiness when it was considered a disreputable proffession and still do because it's an industry where connections are very important and the Jewish people in America have strong community and familial connections, more so than most other ethnic groups and especially more than other whites.

Thank you and yes. As posted above a lot of my news I consume comes from New York and the Beltway and it is very Jew dominated and was something I was thinking about recently when the Iran deal came up and most the pundits of the podcasts I listen too started frothing at the mouth that it was bad and that their homeland must be protected. It was baffling.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

no way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Joementum posted:

Suddenly the polls that show Donald Trump or Ben Carson becoming the Republican nominee in September make sense.

lol those made sense before. This just makes my head hurt since it was talked about during Dubya's presidency.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

it's kind of weird how normally reasonable people just go completely bonkers on the subject of Israel but to be honest i can kind of understand it, i would be pretty militant about scotland if it was in a similar situation even though i've only been there once and my family has lived in the new world for generations. tribalism's crazy yo

*shurg* Maybe it is the good part about being an American Mutt™. My only allegiance is to the USA on the nation scale being 4th? generation and very mixed.

I live in Iowa and have little interaction with Jews and non-Jews go apeshit over Israel here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

the weird thing is my mom is a 2nd generation dutch immigrant but i feel no connection to the netherlands. i guess its because i have a scottish last name and therefore can identify with a clan and all the romantic bullshit to do with that. no wonder the Jews are so close knit, they have their own religion, language and customs and on top of that they've been treated like dogshit for over a millennium.

That is true about the Jews. I've a last name that can be translated into like 3 other languages and my grandfather on my dad's side that I got the name from isn't my biological. I;m actually part easter European from some other guy I'm not supposed to know about. It is impossible for me to feel a connection to a homeland when I can connect to Ireland, Germany, Norway, Lithuania, English, and a 32nd or 64th native american (cherokee to be specific).

You know this is when we could get into a big discussion about white america culture/identity, but let us not at this time since it is not the thread and people here suck and will say there isn't one and whites need to die.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Brannock posted:

jeb gleefully low fived a man who repeatedly insulted his wife and refused to apologize for it in front of a national audience

It was an acknowledgement of a good "you got me" you fun hating dork.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

I've a boy in the military, so I'm safe.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

CheeseSpawn posted:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

I couldnt stomach the whole thing but was it observed?

It was like three paragraphs and no.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Joementum posted:

We had Herman Cain with 9-9-9, Bachmann saying that Venezuela was going to nuke us, Newt advocating child labor and moon bases, oh and Ron loving Paul.

So yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

from https://twitter.com/kalebhorton :

i promise these are worth your time

They would have been if posted before debate.

• Locked thread