Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kingdom

It's about the unification of China, but mostly about dudes chopping peoples heads off with swords. Apart from that the story is actually pretty decent overall.

Imagine I linked a billion more panels with variations on the same thing below.

Owns owns owns.

Giant Killing

Good soccer manga. Stands out from many sports manga as it focuses a lot on the coaches, club and supporters of the team in addition to the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bro Dad posted:

Front Mission: Dog Life and Dog Style

Yessss. I linked this exact panel back in the original thread.

It' a good read but loving :stonk: / :smith: as gently caress.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

It's cool art but graphic to the point of ridiculousness sometimes.

You seen what happens at Huffman in multiple games and what the USN and OCN are like but instead of being a military engagement its like the author read about all the excesses of tribal warlords in parts of the world and threw those in there.

I never played any of the games so it was just as presented for me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Davincie posted:

the secret history of the mongolian horse from genghis khan to henry ford, not for the faint of heart

Man what the hell did I just read

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hasn't been updated in forever though

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Erg posted:

It's actually just finished up this month

Ah, I've only seen stuff up to Ch. 43 floating around and thats with about 10 chapters in between missing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Jose posted:

its really good and i hope more people read it

Yep. Been reading it for a while. Fun series

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Brainamp posted:

Did Shamo ever end? Chapters seemed to be released like once a year so I dropped it.

It ended in probably the worst way. Think 'worse than Gantz' ending.

Breaker New Waves is best read as a proverb on respecting your elders.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Squidster posted:

The Grand Blue guy really knows how to put together a page.

The Isaac Newton page in the last chapter was a thing of real beauty

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Yeah, it was really good. Tbh i'm tempted to go post a couple pages in this thread every time a new Grand Blue chapter comes out, but that would get annoying real quick, so i desperately fight the urge

Haha I do the same

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'm not convinced.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

mike12345 posted:

Could someone recomend me mangas/artists that are really good at conveying action sequences? I was told to start with Dragonball Z, but there are probably other (better?) examples out there.

e: couldn't find a general manga q's thread

For more realistic fighting type stuff there's:

Shamo (although it ends up getting bad about halfway through)
Teppu
All-Rounder Meguru

All of those are pretty good with action stuff. You could argue that Holyland belongs on that list but it's not everyone's favorite.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

mike12345 posted:

Thanks all, some good suggestions there. Someone else mentioned Gantz to me, so I'm reading that now, although the examples itt seem to be more action-y. Has a weird negative atmosphere though.

Just stop reading it as soon as you feel it gets boring or dumb. Because it doesn't get better from there. Same for Shamo. When they're good they're good, but those two mangas have about the worst endings around and some of the worst arcs stuck in here and there.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

People were nice enough to go into Re:Monster's crimes. Is Kingdom also bad? I see that one come up kinda often.

Kingdom owwwwwwnnnnnsssssssss

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Teppu was insanely good when it was around, but had to be canned for some reason I can't remember and had a really bad and abrupt ending.

P sure it was health problems for the author

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Angel Densetsu is a pretty solid all round thing that I'd recommend to most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Fellis posted:

This is a good suggestion also, pretty standard shounen with the twist that the hero can't fight but everyone thinks he's an evil badass. It stays with the same joke throughout, but they keep telling it in new ways and the side characters are great.

Yup. I loved how what ended up being a 1 joke plot did it so loving well and most of the time out of nowhere that you kinda just laughed while admiring the way it was done. No weird fanservice poo poo, funny overall, good enough artwork, etc.

• Locked thread