Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

don't post barely edited hentai you insane fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Droyer posted:

So i can post completely unedited hentai?
at least that would be honest

still don't though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yui is the most sympathetic autistic character ive ever seen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Linnaeus posted:

pick your favorite

yuru yuri

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I recognize all of them except the one Mugi's wearing

yuru yuri

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Umine is the mascot for Awashima Marine Park, an island off the coast of the Izu Peninsula that hosts an aquarium and a variety of marine biology programs. She was designed after a public survey conducted from January to March and unveiled in mid-July. According to her profile, "Biologically I'm intersexed but normally, I'm definitely a girl." Her interests are studying sea slugs, collecting cute ocean-related things, and Twitter (her account is @awashimaumine). The mascot is specifically modeled after hypselodoris festiva, a colorful sea slug found around Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why isn't the sea slug a pokemon yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greets all. i just slept for sixteen hours.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Are they still on about that sci-fi awards gamergate thing?
wasn't that just some christian group spreading fliers around because they were mad black people were writing sci-fi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

The kerfuffle was about how everything Howard wrote is worthless because he was a racist dude
i mean, let's be honest: conan is decent, but how can you read that and not realize that the dude writing it is a racist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

show me.

this poo poo's impossible to search for sometimes because of how the videos get taken down a bunch and how a bunch of people labeled the second trailer as the third because they were retarded & counting the reveal teaser as a trailer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

The logic used is that because he's racist you shouldn't read his books, which I think is a real lame argument that dismisses anything approaching an analysis and instead goes for internet brownie points.
how do i put this

i dont want to read or support stuff written by a giant racist or a giant homophobe or w/e. im not gonna shout it from the streets and i can see why people would want to analyze that stuff, but i just don't Want To. i realize it's kind of impossible to tell in a lot of cases, and that in a lot of cases this stuff is subjective, but something like ender's game where Orson Scott Card has gone on giant rants about how gays are ruining the world, makes me not want to read his stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Normie Slayer posted:

Also apparently Potter-kun speaks, though that's only what someone in the MegaTen thread said, so take it with a grain of salt
I mean, I haven't watched the subbed trailer but you hear two distinct male voices, so one of them kind of has to be the protag.

it could just be something for the trailers though, who knows.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

That's fine, but other people don't connect an authors views to their works like that, or are even willing to read things written by people they disagree with.

It's not like either way is wrong or right, it just seems like something where people should be like, "I don't wanna read that guy's stuff. So I won't. Y'all can. I'm not gonna talk about it cause I don't read it. Bye."
yeah basically.

that said i kind of hate the 'disagree with' thing, because there's a difference between reading a guy who you disagree with on, say, how to create an effective and self-sustaining government, and reading a guy who you disagree with on whether black people are human.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

i want to have sex with teddie without the suit
Good for you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

I will, but i'll do it by saying "at least that's better than playing actual Tekken"

tekken tag is fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

so are the 4 characters shown in persona 5 the only party members or did they say there'll be more or what
there's no way there aren't more

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

barcades are okay because they have arcade machines, but they're bad because the food + booze is usually rear end, and one time a guy tried to start a bar fight because he lost at street fighter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

If you play asa girl can you gently caress Teddie?
you can't play as a girl in p4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

If I play as a boy can I gently caress Teddie?
no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

That drops Persona down a lot further on my to-play list. All the persona ladies look kinda boring
you can play as a girl in persona 3 portable, and gently caress dudes in it, and be gay with aigis

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also saki is cool in persona 4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i thought that suitless teddie wa a girl
teddie thickens too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I gotta finish Devil Survivor sometime, and I hope that sometime the 3DS Devil Survivor 2 thing goes on sale at a sane price.
devil survivor 2 is better than ds1, imo

people call it an evangelion ripoff but there aren't really that many similarities

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I have also heard the Eva line about DS2 from folks I trust, so I will wait and see I suppose.

In many months, when it goes on an actual sale. I don't consider $40 to be a sale!
it has a japanese defense force that protects the world from monsters with biblical names, but that's about the extent of the similarities.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tekken is cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pokken is pretty clearly a game aimed at pokemon fans, not a game aimed at hardcore fight game players

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

this is the central problem with pokken yes
i think the seven year olds that really like blaziken would disagree

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

let's take a look at the players in the competitive scene for the last fighting game that was designed more for fans of the series than fighting game fans: jojo's bizarre adventure: all star battle

*walks into an empty room*
controversial opinion: i dont think every fighting game needs a competitive scene

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean ASB was bad even as a casual game because rounds lasted for loving ever, mind, but there have been plenty of decent naruto/dbz/bleach/whatever games that served as decent fanservice and were fun games to play, without having the depth to make for good competitive fighters, or having mechanics that made them hard to work with in a tournament environment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

everything about tekken's audio/visual design (besides the bear and Fat Bob) feels almost totally joyless and empty and unsatisfying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2p3dNC32c

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I don't think every fighting game needs to have a big competitive scene or anything but having something to give it some staying power really goes a long way. If it's just a gimmick people will tire of it real fast
yeah that's fair

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

hell i even respect people who play melee even though i think they have brain damage
melee is honestly a pretty cool competitive game and i wish more games tried to follow its example

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

what example does melee set that other games should follow
a fighting game with non-standard mechanics and gameplay

p. much every other fighting game ever made is 'two people in a 2d or 3d plane hitting each other until one of their health bars reaches zero.' like melee or not the way percentages and knockback work obviously totally change the way the game plays and lead to gameplay that is totally unique to it.

Obviously that's boiling something down to its most very basic description and there's tons of differences between other fighting games, duh, but I wish more people were willing to think outside the box.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

if your version of the game requires not using 90% of the features of the game why even bother
melee uses every feature of the game but items and a few stages

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf six characters is a longer competitive roster than street fighter 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

that's like the definition of a fighting game though
it's why we say smash isn't a fighting game because it's so alien compared to the rest of the genre there's very little overlap
smash... *pulls sunglasses down face* is a fighting game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

items are what make melee fun
obviously the dudes who have been playing it without items for ten years disagree

idk why people playing a game in a way that differs from the way you play the game makes the internet poo poo its pants. people always go on like pro melee players are busting into people's houses and removing the coding for items from their copies of melee against their will, but the reality is it's mostly just weirdos on the internet making GBS threads themselves over fox only, no items, final destination and pro players just playing the game the way they like.

i mean yeah there was that thing with that brawl tourney that used items, but that tourney was dumb in every single direction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

competitive melee is bad because you strip out everything that's fun about the game in order to make it competitve
melee is pretty fun without items, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i don't care. people who play melee without items are stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-VplYrqBs

• Locked thread