Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

Halo 5 has to be able to play at 60fps and 1080p at all times or it'll get absolutely creamed in critic reviews and public opinion on the internet.

Instead it'll get creamed in critic reviews and public opinion on the internet about it's lack of splitscreen. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Frankly I enjoyed Halo 4 as the first Halo game where the guns didn't sound like toys and the story, while awful, could actually be followed by a sane human being without the help of tie-in novels.

No, you just had to watch those extra cutscenes that were only available on the main website.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a forge map and the pictures mean you can change the season on your forge maps, which is a really nifty little touch.
Its really not hard to figure out.

So only the Forge map will use stretched out textures? :v:

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, a plotline that happened only in the failure that is Spartan Ops, so nobody remembers it.

I have a friend who just loved Spartan Ops. He didn't remember that Halsey turned on the UNSC and kept calling me a liar when I told him otherwise.

He's a huge Halo buff and he couldn't even remember this story twist.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah. Which makes enough sense. Normal maps look fine, you can view pictures or videos of them online. The campaign maps are actually really well detailed and look very cutting-edge in the graphics department.

Another thing is that this version of Forge actually lets you grab terrain geometry and drag it around, and it actually tries to match the textures and stitch things together so they look natural. One of the developers said "I was dragging parts of the map around and it was breaking people's heads". Forge gives you a TON of freedom, and that freedom with console power comes at a cost. The cost is that forge maps just don't look as good as hand-crafted developer maps. That's just how it is. I'm fine with that.

Good looking normal maps + somewhat lovely forge maps is better than good looking normal maps + nothing else.

Also you can forge on the non-forge-specific maps if you want to, you just have less of a budget to work with.

The forge maps are big empty canvases for people to come up with fun maps on that won't look as good. That's fine!

Fair enough. I liked Forge but felt like it was more fun making poo poo than actually playing the game.

A friend of mine would spend days making a map and then never play it. Then he'd just start again.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

a Loving Dog posted:

lol stux gets told to stop posting in loving yospos. literally the only place he isnt universally hated is the xbox is bad thread full of brokebrained weirdos. what a cool fulfilling life

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Groper posted:

Nope, not this time. I'm jumping straight to pub-stomping, and saving the campaign for a day when I have no internet and nothing better to do.

Nonsense, there will always be something better to do.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Vile posted:

See your talking about the story when all I remember from halo is 3 shotting noobs and sword killamanjaros spending hours on Forge doing nothing else

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
RIP Yuri, who died while we were Juggernauting it up in MW3 :patriot:

And Roach, who got burned to a crisp by his own side. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
RIP Ssgt Grigs, you'll always be remembered in rap form.

:911:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-5_juTvo0:911:

• Locked thread