Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

soy posted:

Do you mean how far away you can resolve other players and shoot at them? From watching game-play videos, I'd say it's pretty loving long distance.

I'm fairly sure he was talking about having to play with >=200 ping which can vary from "getting killed from a fair way around the corner" to "having to account for your ping, shooting at an empty doorway and hoping someone runs into your bullets" nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

RocketRaygun posted:

Yep, we'll be pressing the button at midnight PST.

It's a big green button. Very inviting. Makes you really want to press it. :)

DON'T TOUCH IT! it's the game launching button!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAQjP2ql1Vg

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

how me a frog posted:

So basically he wants the game to be less realistic? Because these are not things that happen outside of hollywood/vidogems.

he wants to be able to nerd up on if his shots are hitting or not, it would be useful for everyone to learn and not just pubbies.

how me a frog posted:

Because seriously what's the difference, do you stop shooting people before they fall down in other games?

If they don't think they're getting anywhere they'll stop on their own. Or not, in which case they'll stop because they ran out of ammo. You see this all the time in other games when people who were running into bullets over and over just give up and go snipe or something.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Knifegrab posted:

Is the game projectile or hitscan for guns?

projectile, otherwise we'd be returning fire against people hundreds of metres away with handguns

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

MikeC posted:

I quit right around when vehicles were introduced and every game was people just bitching about access to vehicles and the ones who got it invariably trolled everyone by rolling it down a ditch or something.

so that's where all the red orchestra players went