Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Has One Piece chapter 0 aka 565.5 ever had an official Viz manga release? I need a copy and willing to buy digital volume if it's included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

This statue depicts the mighty God Usopp striking mortal fear in his enemies with his terrifying Warp Spasm

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I think it's Kuma

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Gold Rodger impregnated Dragon through the force, let's move on

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You know hasn't been in the same room at the same time?

Crocodile is Sanji's Mom

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Sanji just should have gone full okama, I don't think anyone would complain

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

jassa posted:

It just occurred to me we first saw a Minkman of Zou back in chapter 24: http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v03/c024/12.html

Link doesn't work but if you're implying the butler Merry is a minkman than holy poo poo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Spoilers: That Ponoglyph on Skypia was actually One Piece, Rodger chiseled his name on it and everything, even found a bunch of books about the void century there. Strawhats need to pay better attention

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Ichigo's dad turning out to be a shinigami was also dumb.

Grand Fisher was the only interesting villain in the series and the only bad guy with a personal connection to Ichigo and Kubo just wastes him in one panel.

I was reading Ichigo's Dad reveal the same time Garp's reveal anime is great

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

For the devil fruit confusion, maybe since East Blue is such a in comparison peaceful sea of the world it's not too weird for residents to be shocked by Devil Fruit powers. Think about how many Devil Fruit users come from East Blue

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Going to say they traded their clothes for a bunch of cool poo poo so everyones going to be blinged out in mink furs when they meet back up

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

anime was right posted:

lol

also one minor thing, i didnt care too much for usopps outfit last arc but it looks cool now. theres just something nice about seeing the strawhats wear new clothing

It didn't hit me that they were wearing their new clothes for the arc because I look at Robin and Frankie and I'm like "Laundry's not done for another hour and this was all that was left in the closet"

I'm pretty sure they all started wearing that the week it took for Luffy to recover

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

At the end of the arc where everyones relaxing at the pool

"...have you ever seen a bathing suit before???"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, I'm kinda hoping that this arc is gonna be just wrapping up the B-Team's adventures and moving on without a huge, climatic fight first.

That's what it feels like right now, something huge happened and the Straw Hats got involved, defeated the big bad and saved the day. So all the fighting is already done and most of what's left to do is party, pack up and leave. Well and I guess find that Wano guy the other samurai have been looking for, and hopefully not start another fight over that potential misunderstanding. Anyway, point is, I think is has the potential to be a shorter arc than the last. Not hard since Dressrosa was possibly the biggest arc the series has had, but still, I don't think we're gonna be on this island long.

I give it three months, five tops.

That's basically how I felt about Punk Hazard and look how that turned out

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

oh I can see Sanji fake sacrificing himself to take down caser in front of the mink people so Sanji and Caeser can make a run for it while And everyone else is just going with the narrative

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Rewatchig some of the anime around Marineford and I noticed how Kirazu was able to recognize Ben Beckman when Shanks comes in to save the day. I know how bad the crew is at paying attention to the newspaper and stuff but you'd think Ussop would have his father, Yassop's bounty with him or something.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

mycot posted:

Do kids even buy volumes of One Piece in America?

I would have, they should.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I honestly can't believe Akira Toriyama never drew Goku smoking, I can't find anything but fanart

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It's still metaly in videogame adaptions and arguably the manga by the time they hit Punk Hazard

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/14-1/one-piece-jeans-freak-figures-scheduled-for-spring

So I have a question which will hopefully spark a page long derail so I have to ask.

Is Luffy attractive? I mean like Ussop wasn't hot or marketable enough to be a Jean Freak. So does Luffy have the qualities hot shonen protagonist?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Remember when they ran that Angela Anaconda short before The Digimon movie in America?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/14/one-piece-straw-hats-cosplay-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Life Size Weeping Sanji Phone Charger

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Sure as hell didn't reassembled all the marines he butchered. One guys just a head on a foot now

for life

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I remember the scene with Shanks and Whitebeard in the dub, WHitebeard asks what's with his arm and Shanks smiles "I took a gamble on the future" or something to that extent. Luffy wouldn't had learned if Shanks hadn't gotten hurt

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Movie will be about Sentomaru's father who fought Gold Rodger and handpicked teenage Kizaru, Akoji, and Akineru to join as Marine Admirals. The Strawhats will have to face Sentomaru on the island where Gold Rodger killed Sentomaru's dad.

Robin will get an even worse costume

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Doctor Hogback took it, it's shown in the anime and I'm kind of sure in the manga. During the flashbacks Hogback has a topknot hairstyle showing he's in Wano

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

That Sheephead guy needs to leave the story because I keep mistaking him for Franky

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Franky is exactly the same

Super

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can't help thinking some dog pissed on her leg like a fire hydrant help

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Any bets on the first Yonkou getting defeated? Big Mam or Kaidou? I feel like it'll be in this order: Big Mam, Kaidou, Shanks, then finally Blackbeard before moving on to Raftel/One Piece and the ultimate conflict at Marineford v2.0/Mariejois.

Shanks :unsmigghh:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can't wait for Nami to finally meet up with Boa Hancock just to compare the artwork

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Big Mom can be punched because she is ugly See Alvida

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://youtu.be/Ts-OGHHRNZ4?t=5m54s

A terrible look at a terrible looking game. It's important to note that this is the first official time we have had an Animated Gear 4 Luffy and they have added kabuki noises to his transformation and I hope that carrys over for the anime

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Final showdown is just Enel and Princess Kaguya descending from the moon to kill everyone. It will be a lot of padding out for the end but will be mostly worth it

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Pretty bitch move for the Dog Lady to tell Luffy that Sanji's dead over this

Also why did Whit's gun go splurt in his introduction

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It won't be Lola but it will be one of Lola's sisters, at some point Lola will crash the party and she and Sanji will team up to escape

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Blackbeard will be defeated for he cannot awaken his devil fruits and will be destroyed by Bounce Castle Luffy, Celestial Stag Chopper, Hand Kaiju Robin and Brook possessing a sea kng or something

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

I always figured that the implication of Punk Hazard was that a Magma Man and an Ice Man fought so hard that they affected their surroundings, not that they actually changed the fundamental nature of the environment. Aokiji used his power to freeze things down towards absolute zero while Aikanu was heating everything up to boiling lava levels. As there was no counteracting force behind them, their respective halves of the island took the brunt of their elemental damage. Aoikiji's side being plunged into a Snowball Earth level of ice age while Aikanu's was magma heated on down to the bedrock. The amount of matter involved and the thermal difference are the only reason the island is still exhibiting a bilateral climate.

I think something happens similary to Ace and Blackbeard, it didn't. Hange the landscape..I think but it was just two giant orbs of energy crashing into each other

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

tsob posted:

Also, with all the Chopper/deer shenanigans I feel the cover story with the Drum Kingdom soldiers wearing Chopper hats has been unfairly over looked. It's a really sweet little detail that gave me a huge smile.

Honestly thought it was too underwhelming. Wish Kuriha was doing seething more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

One Piece has leeway between arcs because all the title pictures of the crew relaxing on beaches and playing with animals are canon