Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The final road poneglyph must be hidden on Baltigo. Makes sense since noone has any idea where the island is, the revolutionaries probably know a bit about Raftel's secrets and are protecting it, and Blackbeard obviously needs his own poneglyph too.

edit: OR MAYBE BALTIGO IS ONE OF THE ROAD PONEGLYPH'S DESTINATION! Adding on to the world government's symbol, maybe the 5 white dots are symbolic to 5 white islands like Baltigo!

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That was what I was thinking of, yeah.

What are the chances we'll see literal torture depicted in One Piece?

The introduction to Impel Down was panels of prisoners being whipped and drowned.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

We still don't know anything about the third superweapon.

I wonder if it's the devil fruit tree

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Some of the older arcs are pretty good in the anime. I enjoyed Water 7, Thriller Bark and Impel Down a lot. It's post time-skip where pacing gets out of control (half a chapter per episode). They also add stuff to increase tension, like showing Hodi Jones landing big hits on Luffy, when really the only damage Hodi did was that bite Luffy took to protect Shirahoshi.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A book on the powerful phrases and statements of One Piece.

Called Strong Words.

The second volume of such.

Has One Piece gone too far?

I'm totally okay with a book that just repeats I AM THE GREAT ONE for 20 pages.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Obviously everyone in the war is using haki to hit logias. We see people's bodies turn black post-timeskip to emphasize the strawhats are using this new technique. It'd be pretty lame if Luffy punches looked exactly the same after his grueling 2 years of training.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

Dude is going to get wrecked.

Kind of hope we get a Straw Hat team up that treats him like Oars.

I wonder if they'll bring another Ceasar doomsday device. Might have to be a solo fight for Luffy since he's the only one immune to poison.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Looks like Franky did some animal test trials before installing his shoulder pads.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Captain Morgan appears oit of nowhere to stop his father from killing the Elephant, then before he dies he passes on his axe hand to garfield.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Don't know how this Jack fight is gonna play out but the search for Raizou turned out to be THE One Piece map room so lets see where this goes.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Bounty doesnt exactly mean strength. Shakky told the strawhats the only reason Kidd's bounty was higher was because he killed a load of civilians. Jack just tried to murder and torture an entire elephant full of people so i can see why the government wants him caught that badly.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It's unfortunate to hear how they turned King Kong punch into a struggle. They did the same bullshit to the Hodi fight where they made it look like Luffy was losing to Hodi before the final punch.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hey I just watched the King Kong Gun episode. While the final punch was dragged out, the last part with Corazon's warning was really well done with the whole "The D's are the enemies of Gods" line. If you haven't already definitely watch the episode where Trebol mentions the clashing Conquerors haki of Luffy vs. Doffy. The anime really emphasizes the start of Conqueror's battling like Don Chinjao predicted in the C-block fight.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

quote:

Vs. Four Emperors Arc

It's so weird to think we're approaching One Piece endgame.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jack deserved better as a Yonkou's big 3. He was beat up by a cat and dog then defeated offsreen by the marines. Only thing the poor guy had going for him was his cool elephant powers, and even that was swatted away by a better elephant.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

dazoner posted:

The Elephant thing worked imo, I really did want to see his hybrid form though

Zunisha loving owned, I just feel sympathetic towards Jack that he never got a proper beatdown from Luffy and the gang.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Good eye! I missed that on first read.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Raftel will be a giant city of gold linked to skypiea

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Every wednesday night I fight myself to not open the spoilers and wait for Thursday lunch.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

gently caress I read them

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Keep in mind I've been burned by fake spoilers before so don't be too over-eager just yet; on the other hand, AP is pretty reputable for accurate spoilers, so who knows? :shobon:

What I'm saying is we won't know for sure until we see more scans/the actual English release.

Still though, I'm hyped for Vivi returning to be confirmed. It's gonna be another sick chapter this week. Oda's been on a roll the last few months.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't remeber exactly but im pretty sure Wapol kicked child Vivi in the previous reverie. Maybe she hits him back this time

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jinbei is a cool dude

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I can't imagine Dragon gets captured before doing anything on-screen (besides slap a logia user in rogue town which isn't even that amazing anymore).

I'm betting the revolutionary army retreat and call in all their forces like Ivankov and Crab guy. And I'm banking on BB realizing Baltigo is actually the destination island of the missing road poneglyph. Lately, everyone 30 years or older has been on Roger's goddamn ship. Maybe Dragon was on board too, trashed the poneglyph with Oden's help, then made his base on the missing island?

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 15, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

If anything, I bet Coby will fight Luffy just before Sabo Vs. Akainu.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Still waiting for Franky's jeans.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also, any idea why Blackbeard and co. attacked the Revolutionaries? I have a feeling it has something to do with the Devil Fruit trade. All of the Yonkou and other big players seem to have a hand in trafficking Devil Fruits somehow and the Revolutionaries themselves specifically wanted to assault Doffy's SMILE factory while Burgess was on the island to collect authentic Devil Fruits like Ace's former Flame-Flame fruit. Even Shanks' crew had an interest in scavenging Devil Fruits with the Rubber-Rubber Fruit since chapter one. I think the Devil Fruit trade has major implications in the New World.

I didn't realize how serious the "weapons" Burgess was talking about until now. On Dressrosa, Lucci mentioned all the weapons from the underground port were missing, thinking the Revolutionaries took it. Now Blackbeard has taken that entire cache for himself. That means the BBs have Doflomingo's entire stock of devil fruits: both SMILEs and authentic.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Teach is obviously physically strong. He was in-line to be the next commander if he didn't let Ace have it. And his entire duel with Ace was him vortexing him to close combat and punching. Ace even said bb almost broke his neck in one punch.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What's Sanji talking about when he says "They really do look familiar"? Is he pointing out the woman looks like Lola?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I wonder if Sanji's family are the guys that executed Norland. I'm assuming we're getting that flashback this arc after those teasers in Dressrosa.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Haha wow this is going to be a crazy arc. I hope Oda can keep up this pacing too. It's been superb last few months.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 26, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Pedro for 11th strawhat.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

There are four poneglyphs but one of them is missing.

Well since Blackbeard's our only big bad without one, I'm betting the last poneglyph was hidden on Baltigo.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Is this just a mistranslation of "Don't waste any time cleaning up this mess", or are they talking about something physical left behind from Mom's DF ability?

EDIT: Also, what the hell are those black wraiths he's talking to? They weren't in the previous chapter.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Begemot posted:

Yeah but that was all before it was terrible. The One Piece anime is perfectly good up until Saobondy/Impel Down/Marineford. There were inklings of it's dark and terrible future during Thriller Bark but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.

e: Wow, the VA for Jango/Bon Clay/Franky looks exactly as you would imagine him.

Did the Franky shirt come with the job?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

One Piece is actually World of Warcraft 2.

a one piece mmo could be cool.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm really hoping Luffy gets captured and the arc is Nami/Chopper/Carrot and Brook/Pedro have to figure out a way to rescue him. Luffy vs small fries are always great fights but I want the crew to shine after being missing for 2 years.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Shoren posted:

I feel the same way, with the exception of the Monster Trio, because this just wouldn't be a shonen manga without incredible solo feats of strength. I think it would be more interesting to see the rest of the crew team up in different combinations and fight that way.

Well we're about to see Chopper and Nami chump a Yonkou executive. That should be pretty good.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I loved Kyros because no one mentioned how he was walking with only 1 foot for like 30 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

such memes; very super