Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I didn't use the SWAT analogy lightly, it kinda does feel like a more lethal version of that to me at times.

Having played a shitload of SWAT 3 in my lifetime I cannot imagine any game being more lethal unless it literally killed you, the player, IRL.

Been keeping an eye on R6S. Could be interesting if I can rope my buddies into it, especially for T. Hunt stuff, but I'm waiting to see how it pans out before I make any plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Orv posted:

Everyone is spawned on the map at the start, but ambushers which are the guys in the Rogue Spear box art hoodies, and bombers will move outside to flank you once you start making noise. There can also be more than two bombers.

From a few pages back, but enemies actually will spawn outside on THunt shortly after things go loud, provided you aren't doing lone wolf. I've literally seen them appear out of thin air. I think about 6 or 7 will usually spawn in the perimeter from near all the player entrance options. Usually it's the skinny looking dudes, I can't recall what their ingame name is but they get rifles. They'll even move in a perfect single file if they all spawn from the same entrance point. My buds and I have learned that once any barricades are broken, get the gently caress indoors just so you don't get blasted from behind.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

RosaParksOfDip posted:

They really give you a fuckload of ammo currently. For something that feels like it should be more tactical, 3 mags would probably encourage more cautious play.

You're probably right, but THunting as a shield I feel like I need 60+ rounds to kill just 10 dudes between how much damage they can take on non-headshots and missing shots while hipfiring even with a laser.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I'm cynical enough to believe that their "11 maps" count is probably padded by claiming each time variation is a different map.

But I'd like an office building with lots of glass you can shoot out and poo poo.

• Locked thread