Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

commy gun posted:

Kirk Cousins is bad and it makes me so happy.

Been saying this since preseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Remember when people were saying that Kirk Cousins was so bad last time he got benched for Colt McCoy and we heard lots of stuff about how he's worked on his game / his upsides?

:lol:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Fenrir posted:

Winston is going to be horrible forever

God willing

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'd take McCoy over Cousins.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Catfish Stevens posted:

Get trashed tonight and by the time you wake up it'll all be over

Workin on it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

The Panthers have a long, weird tradition of losing to backup QBs they should beat easily.

I want to believe.

About 2-3 times I day I catch myself thinking "How cool would it bee if McCown trucks Carolina" but then have to remember that's unlikely. If they were to win I'd probably be the most hungover person this side of the Mississippi.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NC-17 posted:

What is Drew Bree's trade value if he's healthy?

Roughly that of Tom Brady's for this team.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

McCown looked pretty rad for all but maybe 2 throws. Sadly one of those two sealed the defeat.

Norman made a great play on that.

Brandon Browner is a piece of poo poo fraud and we should leave him, Byrd and Rob Ryan at the airport.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

So when do they fire Rob Ryan? Tonight? Tomorrow?

The D made a few stops today but overall they are not good and haven't improved in any noticeable way from last season. The defensive free agents over the last 2 years have been injured / worthless. Not sure of the exact numbers but between a couple of good Olsen catches and a bomb to Ted Ginn, Browner had to have given up 130-160 yds.

Something completely obvious between both teams was initial contact. The Saints would get a runner in space or a WR catching a short pass and the 1st CAR defender to contact also stopped forward progress cold even if they didn't finish the tackle. In the reverse situation, the first New Orleans defender would fly in, ping their shoulderpads or a forearm off of the runner and they'd get an extra 2-5 yds before being gang tackled / brought down from behind. They did it all last year and its the same now. It's not like they are even forcing a lot of turnovers to make up for coming into contact that way.

Final pick aside McCown put up a very respectable game for a backup. That was a totally winnable game for a team with even a remotely competent defense given the offensive we put out today.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Panthers with Steve Smith would be a 10-/ 10+ win team almost certainly with the way this years shaking out.

Really really glad they let him go.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gonna need to see Seattle beat more than just a terrible Chicago with a 2nd string QB before we know what they really are this year.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Banks, Phillips, Kennison weren't?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Dolphins fans: Do you lay any of the blame on your man Tannehill?

I don't think it's Tannehill's fault that they're Dolphins fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ehud posted:

PFZ, chill out bro

edit: lol if you haven't typed out tannehill enough that your phone just goes "well he typed t so i'll fill in the annehill for him"

Just going by autocompletes after Tannehill my phone goes to "lmao" "sucks" and "isn't"

• Locked thread