Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003

What if when Jeb Bush went to give Donald a low-five, Donald utilized the ultimate bully tactic and pulled his hand away, leaving Jeb both figuratively and literally 'hanging'? What if the force of the low-five, due to Jeb overcompensating for his perceived lack of energy, actually caused him to stumble and clip his chin on the podium?

* Was this a missed opportunity for Donald?
* Would Donald still be falling in the polls if he had made Jeb look like a chump?
* Would this have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times (our paper of public record)
* What passive-aggressive things would Barbara Bush have said on a phone call to Jeb later that evening?
* Would Jeb Bush have withdrawn from the race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Fall Sick and Die posted:

What if when Jeb Bush went to give Donald a low-five, Donald utilized the ultimate bully tactic and pulled his hand away, leaving Jeb both figuratively and literally 'hanging'? What if the force of the low-five, due to Jeb overcompensating for his perceived lack of energy, actually caused him to stumble and clip his chin on the podium?

* Would Donald still be falling in the polls if he had made Jeb look like a chump?
* Would this have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times (our paper of public record)
* What passive-aggressive things would Barbara Bush have said on a phone call to Jeb later that evening?

they would haved nominated him right then and there.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You remember what happened to Howard Dean? And it wasn't even actually all that bad of a moment for Dean?

This would be an order of magnitude beyond that.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Brannock posted:

You remember what happened to Howard Dean? And it wasn't even actually all that bad of a moment for Dean?
What

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

I don't know if you're disagreeing or if you're not familiar with it, but here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

The media destroyed Dean for something trivial. Jeb Bush looking like a goddamn fool on stage would utterly obliterate any chances he had of ever being elected to any public office ever again. Trump really missed out big time.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Proof that we do not in fact live in the best timeline.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jeb "Down Low, Too Slow" Bush

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i guarantee you JEB! has been coached to leave Trump hangin' next debate if he tries it again

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I think Jeb might've taken a swing if the Donald had down low, too slow'd him.

He wouldn't land the punch and would just come out looking like a colossal bitch.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What's great is that Trump actually did own him right after that, it was just way too subtle* for it to be a big media thing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Brannock posted:

What's great is that Trump actually did own him right after that, it was just way too subtle* for it to be a big media thing.

right after? i thought it was during

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Where does your asterisk lead?

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009

Brannock posted:

The media destroyed Dean for something trivial. Jeb Bush looking like a goddamn fool on stage would utterly obliterate any chances he had of ever being elected to any public office ever again. Trump really missed out big time.

okay, so I didn't get it at the time and I still don't. why was this such a big deal? am I autistic here, is this way more embarrassing than I'm catching on to

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Aliquid posted:

i guarantee you JEB! has been coached to leave Trump hangin' next debate if he tries it again

Jeb! isn't going to be standing next to Trump next time at this rate. He'll have to try the old something on your shirt trick with Huckabee.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Sunshine Mix posted:

okay, so I didn't get it at the time and I still don't. why was this such a big deal? am I autistic here, is this way more embarrassing than I'm catching on to

It was a really strange comparison, it's not just you.

Oh misread, as for dean it was a combination of many things that sunk him but people only remember the scream for some reason.

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007
* Was this a missed opportunity for Donald? Yes, but opportunities to make Jeb! his bitch are a dime a dozen, so it made no difference.
* Would Donald still be falling in the polls if he had made Jeb look like a chump? Yes: Trump is losing supporters to Carson / Fiorina, who didn't make Jeb! look like a chump at all. He is not losing supporters to Jeb! because Jeb! is also falling in the polls.
* Would this have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times (our paper of public record)? It would have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times and also constituted the whole front page of the New York Post for two weeks.
* What passive-aggressive things would Barbara Bush have said on a phone call to Jeb later that evening? Hahaha you think Barbara Bush calls her sons.
* Would Jeb Bush have withdrawn from the race? No - Jeb! has already shown that no amount of humiliation will ever be too much for him.

tl;dr: it would have made no difference.
(but it's still an interesting question, in an "alternate history" - what if Hitler had been a better painter - kind of way)

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

NotJesus posted:

* Was this a missed opportunity for Donald? Yes, but opportunities to make Jeb! his bitch are a dime a dozen, so it made no difference.
* Would Donald still be falling in the polls if he had made Jeb look like a chump? Yes: Trump is losing supporters to Carson / Fiorina, who didn't make Jeb! look like a chump at all. He is not losing supporters to Jeb! because Jeb! is also falling in the polls.
* Would this have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times (our paper of public record)? It would have been mentioned on the front page of the New York Times and also constituted the whole front page of the New York Post for two weeks.
* What passive-aggressive things would Barbara Bush have said on a phone call to Jeb later that evening? Hahaha you think Barbara Bush calls her sons.
* Would Jeb Bush have withdrawn from the race? No - Jeb! has already shown that no amount of humiliation will ever be too much for him.

tl;dr: it would have made no difference.
(but it's still an interesting question, in an "alternate history" - what if Hitler had been a better painter - kind of way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcUEraG5sA

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Sunshine Mix posted:

same. but I'm catholic european so maybe this is about protestant restraint or something

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The "I Have A Scream" was totally played up to discredit Dean, a viable candidate, in favour of putting up Kerry, an easily beatable nebbish. Best Kerry soundbite from the election was from a Bush ad: "I actually was for it, before I voted against it!" Making it clear to anyone you've got the most unprincipled, opportunistic flip-flopper ever to sell out his country. Swiftboat that bitch. Didn't even get captured by the enemy. And this man is a war hero??? I like people who WERE captured.

Too busy partying with Jane Fonda to crash 5 planes and blow up his own aircraft carrier.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What if Bernie hadn't been interrupted by those BlackLivesMatters protesters?

I don't think his campaign would have been as focused on civil rights issues as it is now and it would have been much more difficult to beat Hillary Clinton in the primary.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What if Donald called Jeb a fuckboy in an effort to woo millennial voters?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What if Donald called Jeb a fuckboy in an effort to woo millennial voters?

He's saving that one for Rubio

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Fall Sick and Die posted:

I've never imagined this but now that I have its hilarious and I won't ever stop wishing it happened

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
That gif already looks horrible for Jeb! He looks like the retarded aquaintance who just wants people to like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Are you kidding? Look at that lower lip bite that he does as he looks away. Look at how Donald almost grimaces because Jeb seriously slapped his hand hard. This gif will be used in future psychology books. There's so much going on there...

• Locked thread