Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look, if the filthy potato people of Adsehteb IV didn't want to be blown to smithereens, they should've nicely kissed the boot of the Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'll let a thousand worlds burn before I let the Day'ne menace onto glorious Sw'dn VII.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

Covert Infiltration
This is an interesting one. Essentially, agents that have been surgically altered to resemble individuals from a primitive species are sent to infiltrate their society. Political and military leaders are gradually replaced, until a point is reached where the primitives can be made to willingly accept an offer of annexation. This spares the need of a messy ground invasion, but more importantly, the primitives will be more positively inclined towards their new overlords, since they are living under the illusion that they accepted their rule willingly.
Yeerk game is a-go.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you're wondering how a society can advance itself technologically without fire and other vaguely science facts
Just repeat to yourself
"It's just a game,
I should really just relax."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What society choices should you take to turn the Australian super commies into Smurfs?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Greatest Oldest Planet of Bulgar XVIII

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nick Esasky posted:

What WAS the contingincy for that? All Goes To The Strongest Bey? Husband of a random Ottoman Daughter gets it?

The last Sultan would bury his treasure in a fantastical place and the Ottoman nobility (who all have distinct eccentricities and powers) would go on a wacky race to be the first to find it and claim the title of Sultan of Rum.

They called it the Steel Ball Rum.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Polikarpov posted:

That is a good flag.

Israel's fascist flag in Vicky 2 is based off it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Consul Barack Zuma Mgupwa uMgungundlovu al-Khali bin Robert of Earth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also an Imperial Germany avatar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Isn't there a point in DS9 where they take the piss out of the Federation not using money?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pakled posted:

So that's why the Congo is so hosed up, because it's run by Victoria players.

Leopold II and Mobutu provided the startup capital for Paradox to create video games about their lives.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We're gonna build a blockade, a blockade around Romulus. And-and they're gonna pay for that blockade! It's gonna be great, and it's gonna be yuge, and it's gonna make space great again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stellaris: Make Space Great Again

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KotOR grand strategy game in the works, clearly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Knights of the New Victoria 3

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheMcD posted:

Belonging to the Iron Guard movement, also referred to as the Legionnaires. Seems they took either over Romania on their own and brought Bulgaria into the fold, or that's just what Axis-aligned Romania/Bulgaria turn into.

Fun fact: the Iron Guard were so crazy that even the Nazis (and assorted puppets such as Antonescu) were like "okay dude like chill".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mans posted:

jesus loving christ Mao looks like one of those alien things from stellaris.

Have you looked at paintings of Mao in real life? Dude just had a weird head.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Assad looks oddly dignified for someone who will probably be dead by the end of the year.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Will the Aztec Invasion DLC come with special NATO counters for atlatl soldiers?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When you press the button to use chemical weapons in HoI4, instead you are made to watch Haile Selassie's speech to the League of Nations about the Italian conquest of Ethiopia. After that is complete, the game locks up as Bob Marley's War plays in the background.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Narrator posted:

The less common/older usage of the phrase, I assume.

For example, it would be politically incorrect to say that thousands of people were ethnically cleansed out of central Asia. The more tactful wording would be that they were "transferred".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Better Germany mod
Historical Croatian Militia mod
Balanced Romani mod
Accurate Serbian Troop Bonii mod

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 5, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Romani Fix mod: This mod fixes the representation of Roma in the game by having them all vanish by 1944. However, due to a curious quirk in the code, it also makes Jewish, homosexual, handicapped, and single mother POPs also vanish. I CANNOT FIX THIS, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 5, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Empress Theonora posted:

nice to see that we're just slinging around slurs for the roma here in the paradox thread i guess

Sorry, I laid it on too much. Gonna fix it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The V3 thread will be months upon months of people going "no, anarchism is like this", "no, anarchism is like this".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only way I would be interested in an Espionage DLC is if the code talkers were involved. The US gets impenetrable decryption, Japan gets events about how the gaijin are somehow passing along messages in this weird tonal gibberish.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rakthar posted:

Yeah but if they had big data then they could do it. How do you use big data? Easy, you use it to analyze the grammar. Every language has grammar. Then you know the language.

I mean this poo poo couldn't be simpler what are we even arguing about?

Have you ever heard Navajo? It sounds like this. Good luck figuring out the grammar for a language that you can't transcribe properly today let alone in the 40s.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sunset Invasion does what I asked of it: make idiots mad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Groogy posted:

You do know in the only true empire such things are punishable by death.

The executions in Tawantinsuyu are brutal indeed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where the gently caress is Genghis Khan II sitting on a throne made of syndie skulls.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wayne Newton gently reassuring me that I'm just as beautiful as the day we met is much better than Threedog calling me an rear end in a top hat no matter what I do.

PittTheElder posted:

"it's been two hundred years, but this pre-war food is still here and also fine to eat".
B-movie science is one hell of a drug.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New Vegas also has the best concept for a faction in any RPG ever, the Kings.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Riso posted:

Historians have come around on quite a few things, saying they were good ideas at the time.

David Irving is not a historian.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to say he had an Imperial Germany or Confederate flag avatar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

V for Vegas posted:

Isn't it Fascist Australia in Victoria 2?

edit: yep

It's also the flag for an independent Australia in EUIV.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every time I see a Gamespot water mark on something, I get a sense of existential dread.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where's Kim Jong-un playing Realpolitik on his Starcraft rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Civ 6 is good but not as good as 5 because it doesn't have the Shoshone yet imo