Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Tilda posted:

Thinking of giving WS a second shot now its FTP, are we on a server/side somewhere specific?

pfthahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The Chairman posted:

I guess this is one way of making a new zone on the cheap

If that's another snow zone they're just intentionally doing all the most annoying MMO poo poo over and over now.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Is the ratio of posts shifting, a worrying number of posts coming in seem to be from people playing the game just for fun or something

edit: this post is unironic

You sure showed us.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I have a friend that keeps trying to convince me to download this and try it. He says it's a lot of fun and that some group of people he plays with online is playing it and they don't just download MMOs "willy nilly" (his words). I told him I'm currently trying out Elder Scrolls Online and I have a hard time believing that Wildstar is better than ESO. Is my friend possessed by the devil?

Not just any devil, a 1930's Disney version of the devil. Sever.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

kaxman posted:

The best part about this was when the game was new and botting was rampant, those tunnels weren't instanced so you'd spawn in and some dude would just be teleporting from node to node hoovering up all the poo poo. Wildstar.

PLUS you'd run up, but a bot would appear and get the stuff before you could do anything, leaving you to get smacked in the face by the monster that spawned from their light speed harvesting.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Has anybody made a mod that spits phrases in response to poo poo like "runs fine"? That would be pretty entertaining.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

VoLaTiLe posted:

So did they actually add anything to this game.

I mean I know they added a protostar dungeon, but like have they actually added new content.

They apparently had a "years" worth ready to release every month so they must have plenty of content ready to dish out :rolleyes:

That promise of years worth of content went out the door with most of their staff.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Classic.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I may have to give this a go just for fun with zone chat.

Now if I could just turn the automated goblin therapist addon into automated protostar brand therapist.

How hard is it to port addons over? And how often do people angrily whisper you instead of addressing you in zone chat?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Just say "WoD is better than this." in chat and you get like entertainment for about an hour.

Edit: just tried an non captrading pvp match, this game has so much visual lag while looking like a very early ps2 game on my machine. What is the specific set of hardware you have to have to actually play?

What've the specific Dell setups carbine has in their sad little sneak peak inside the office photos I'm guessing.

Maybe ask one of them on Twitter

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

There's no rhyme or reason to optimization and not even Carbine really knows what works best.

My lovely old laptop runs the game better than the PC I built new after I gave up on the game the first time.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

My Mordesh reflects how much I love this game.

She mirrors my expression and sickly complexion.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Welp, back to the fallout shelter.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We've been over this.

All MMOs are poo poo and we are fools for playing them.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Their character's name is Vom Nightkill.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Wheeee posted:

It's Wildstar, the boxes probably cost him like five bucks total on Ebay or out of a video game store bargain bin.

The whole reason this game gets so much poo poo is that it should have been great. There was a solid core that could have surpassed WoW (For quality, not in terms of subscriber count, duh) if they hadn't somehow had the dumbest most myopic shitlordy management team ever.

Bad games are easily forgotten, Wildstar was a bad game that could have been really good though so it sticks more in people's minds. Also the fanboys for this game are the best.

It really makes me sad that there are good ideas sprinkled amongst the poo poo, but they were buried by HARDCORE CUPCAKE GIT GUD bullshit.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

kaxman posted:

The home building wasn't buggy and yeah you had to pay some modicum of gold to renew your "plugs" (plots) that you put your minigames or resource-generating things on like once a week but none of the poo poo you placed expired. The gently caress are you talking about. I could log in and gently caress around inside my massive cupboard and skyway platforming place right now. Then I could click like four total times and use my garden and fail at the protostar training thing if I really wanted to. The housing was solid and some of the poo poo that people came up with was genuinely impressive.

The quests were just some quests and I have no idea the gently caress the story was about but yeah nothing wrong with the housing.

The duping bug came from housing, specifically the gardening plots.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

kaxman posted:

Yeah wow one of the resource-generating plugs had a bug for a while that let people literally farm lots of gold. That has approximately dick and poo poo to do with housing in general.

Why are you so angry?

Have you considered smoking weed?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Steven Universe avatars have replaced ponies for "oh boy here here we go" content, I see.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Tarranon posted:

I friggin love R. Sugar and I can't bring myself to watch it yet because the fanbase is insanely bad

I will one day tho. I hope it is good :)

I'd wait until the buzz inevitably dies down and people find some new children's show to obsess over. These things go in 2 year cycles, right?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

It's one of those cases where the fans are so drat weird if you end up liking the same thing it becomes embarrassing to admit.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I see they actually managed to put in the Halloween event this year with some bullshit it's not actually Halloween lore. I wonder if any of the poo poo you get from it is half decent?

The announcement they had to cancel Halloween and Christmas last year was the saddest, funniest thing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Roll with them punches.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Space Jam's hologram was pretty sweet.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Vanderdeath posted:

No matter how bad Wildstar's hardcore fans might be, they'll never be as loving bad as FFXIV 1.0 defenders. 1.0 is still far and away the worst MMO and game I've ever played and I played FFXI.

Every now and then I see screenshots and videos and I can't believe people long for a return to that heaping pile of poo poo.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Al Borland posted:

Out of curiosity how many of us are actually playing? I get the feeling most of us are just watching this thread for more disasters and patheticness from it.

Maybe like half a dozen people are still casually playing, most quit around level 30.

And another 2 or 3 are playing (plus 1 who doesn't play) get irrationally mad whenever anyone asks this question so just wait.

I'm sitting here watching to see which goes down first, this or STO. The latter has been in death throes for longer but is still hanging on... also mostly thanks to RPers who suck at the game but spend tons of money. Go figure.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Tarranon posted:

lmao steven universe fans

oh, uh on topic

wildstar is still bad

for reference, they told her to kill herself because she drew a fan favorite fat character skinny

good luck with that whole wildstar goon guild thing though

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Cyster posted:

Yep.

I generally tool around on RP servers for the hell of it. Most people are actually very chill and fun to play with, but you will occasionally find people that make your eye twitch. In Burning Crusade I helped run a Karazhan raid for the RP crew, and there were a pair of pure DPS classes doing as much or less damage than the tank. Sick of wiping to Curator, I asked them politely to research their classes and spec well for the encounters. I was told in no uncertain terms that their characters had to have the abilities they were specced into and they'd just go make their own raid instead.

On another server there was also a stint of "RP stands for role play, not raid progression!" that would happen whenever anyone posted about their raid doing well or their raid guild recruiting.

It's thanks to fuckers like them that people would lose their goddamn minds when they would lose to me in PVP and see I was from Moon Guard. Had people roll alts just to whisper a lot of creative insults. Cause surely EVERYONE on an RP server must be like that, and I got lucky.

But then I also had a few nice RP guilds fall apart because of the raiding bug absolutely destroying what used to be a no pressure "eh, we'll do this just for laughs" environment. It ended up being an absolute nightmare.

I will say this though: WildStar's Dominion Roleplayers are loving terrifying and I'm staying well away from that mess whenever I do get bored with FFXIV.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

John Dyne posted:

I forgot Widstar has an RP community. Where the gently caress do they even meet? What do they RP about? I mean what the hell, I gotta know more about these guys. They sound amusing.

Uh... The bar by the DDR pads in the exile city and then there a bunch of housing plots that are designated hang outs.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

RottenK posted:

are they roleplaying nazis

However did you guess?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Whenever someone in a BG mentioned that I'm from Moon Guard my instant response was always "Yeah, wanna gently caress?"

Did that ever backfire?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

DangerDan posted:

Define "backfire".

Well if you're both willing... Never mind.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wildstar update from a goon who plays this bad game:

Guild is working on getting people attuned/geared/skilled to get into the first 20 man raid, the good news is the first raid is semi favorable to pug, so those of us at that level have already stepped into GA a few times, but I'd still rather do it entirely with friends.
Last night we found a guild that's got all content on farm that was doing "Alt runs" but short of regular people for the alt runs and they invited our attuned folks to come along.

With that in mind, I can legitimately say that raiding in this game is stupid fun and had me way more engaged than any WoW raid to date, and the general "Difficulty" of the raiding is more a product of everything "Sounding" more overwhelming than it actually ends up being.

I still legitimately believe there should be a easier mode though for both dungeons and raids for folks uninterested in doing mechanics to a "Near perfect" degree, not necessarily "Tourist" mode, but something the equivalent of WoW normals.

Real talk, I appreciate these little trip reports. I'll probably come mess around when I run out of things to do in... the game I won't bother mentioning lest I invoke something again.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ah, yes, goons fighting over the fact there isn't enough mockery. Now we're back up to standard. Everyone carry on.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Snatch Duster posted:

Probably, I'm just loling that you nerds keep posting in the mock thread and get butthurt that I and other goons mock your poo poo game lol

Nobody really cares one way or the other tbqh

I mean it's a f2p game who gives a poo poo

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

What would an effort post op even look like? I mean what stats and builds are even recommended now that they decided 32 new flavors of secondary stat was a good idea

How does this game even work

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Wheeee posted:

Hi,

Is this good now?

tia

eh

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

tl;dr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Dr. Teeth really scarred the members of the wildstar Reddit.

• Locked thread