Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CarlCX posted:

Uriah Hall is going to murder the gently caress out of Gegard Mousasi only to lose a tepid decision to Robert Whittaker and nothing will ever better encapsulate him as a fighter.

I like Whitaker for causing pain to Colton Smith, but we all need to hope that Uriah comes out guns blazing and pushes his poo poo in. I really don't want to watch three rounds of Uriah waiting for an opening against a counterstriker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

People poo poo on him for some reason

:ortiz:

All poo poo is warranted.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

EmmyOk posted:

The full Holm/Rousey promo is p amazing, makes me hope they will have a fight that lives up to it.

The promo spoiled the fight with the teddy bear scene.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Gramps posted:

Someone kindly explain to me why the hell CM Punk isn't training with Barnett? I thought the prime directive was to prove that pro wrestling is the strongest- did someone not inform mr brooks of this? Someone light the CortXBomb signal I wanna get to the bottom of this.

Someone bankroll a team of Barnett, Sakuraba, Minoru Suzuki, and CM Punk to run roughshod over the UFC.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Fozzy The Bear posted:

There is going to be soooo much pressure on TJ when he fights Cruz. If he loses he will look like the biggest idiot, leaving the camp that brought you up.

There's a lot of pressure on Cruz too. He's returning after another long layoff to fight a guy who took biting his style all the way to the title and who Cruz has been talking poo poo about ever since.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I think of it less as a retirement and more like neutralizing his fight career.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Lloyd Boner posted:

It's gonna be cool when the drama is rendered moot after Cruz takes back his belt.

The drama will reignite two weeks later when TJ and Urijah are booked to fight for the interim title.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Schaub is using the Reebok deal as a safe face measure so that it looks like he is retiring to take a stand and not because he repeatedly got his rear end knocked out brutally. Podcasts are not big money ventures, especially when you can't use them as free ad space for your other ventures (stand-up tours, TV appearances, etc).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This is going to be awkward because the main job of the White House press corps is spinning poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I don't know if this got posted, but Chuck Mindenhall did an in-depth piece on Doug Crosby. Other than the sheer insanity of writing songs for the Cro-Mags and watching PPVs in Russian spas, the most revealing part is learning that Crosby's scores are always poo poo because he straight up made his own scoring system. How can an athletic commission continue to use him when he is pretty upfront about not following the 10-point must system that all of the other judges are using?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm surprised that in a story that at one point takes place at Renzo Gracie Academy and at another talks about the Cro-Mags, Harley Flanagans' name doesn't come up.

Metamoris East will have a knife grappling division. Also, any reason is a good reason to post Harley on a horse with a sword:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Skip My Posts posted:

It's funny to refer to 3 bums and Ronda as the 4 horsewomen

They never specified who they correspond to, so you can just pretend that they mean Paul Roma, Mongo, Jeff Jarrett, and Ric Flair.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Snowman_McK posted:

I cannot wait to find out what really dorky hobby Joanna Champion has. I hope she's a keen Warhammer player or something.

She's going to lose the title when she doesn't have enough rest because she slept on the street waiting for the new Jordans.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

mewse posted:

Happy Friday, lovers

This combined with the Woodley picture has led me to believe that Northcutt is a fuckin huge lightweight. I just looked at his record briefly to double check his weight class; does anyone know why most of his fights have been catchweight bouts? Surely not every one of them was against a stoned dude who couldn't put down the donuts.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bluedeanie posted:

I think Nesquick makes a chocolate milk that is decent but very pedestrian. True manchild connoisseurs enjoy a nice frosty glass of Burbach's Countryside Dairy chocolate milk when watching UFC, or perhaps even a bottle of Oberweis.

Oberweis is some top-shelf chocolate milk.

When the Seoul show happens, Reebok is definitely going to put DPRK on Bendo's jersey.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This is the nadir. I cannot think of a show with less starpower.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/656949468001120256]

Ticketmaster's response:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bubba Smith posted:

And apparently Dustin Poirier turned down a main event with Norman Parke. Bummer.

I look forward to Dan Lambert being declared a loving sport killer and a weirdo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Why is Reebok so obsessed with the nationalist approach to the fight gear anyways? It's not like this is the loving Olympics where countries go head to head. If they really were lazy, they could have gotten the UFC roster and then gone down going, "Red, blue, red, blue..."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DJ is literally the best at every aspect of MMA in his division. He has the most technical striking and has proven that he can drop people with a single punch. If for some reason he gets bored of striking or wants to keep an opponent guessing, he can shoot a takedown and nobody has the ability to stop the fight from hitting the floor. On the ground, he can snatch submissions at will just to make sure the fight doesn't go to decision.

I don't think there has ever been a more complete fighter in MMA history. Every other dominant champ had or has a possible flaw to criticize them with. DJ's only flaw is that Americans hate munchkins.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

-Atom- posted:

Rumble has power but people thinking he actually had a shot against DC, or even Jones are not right in the head.

Considering that he managed to land a punch that would kill lesser men, I don't think it's unreasonable to say he had no shot against DC.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Northjayhawk posted:

That is a tweet that I never expected to show up on my feed

Of course Vitor supports a man with a worldview that posits dinosaurs and lions existing simultaneously.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ben Rothwell wanted us about MMA and politics. Nobody knew a fighter would go so far as to endorse Trump to avoid fighting Jacare via deportation.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

EmmyOk posted:

Poirier Duffy added to 195

Poirier was wise to not take the Parke fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Goofballs posted:

Was there any word on his eyegouging being brought up. I saw the general bold boy stuff about being on the submission too long I just thought the repeatedly trying to take your opponents eyes out was as bad even if Mazagati was fine with it.

I think it would be hard to punish him for a rules violation that would have only resulted in a loss of points. Like you won't see a hearing on a dick kick. Cranking submissions after the fight though is unsportsmanlike conduct and can only be handled post facto.

• Locked thread