Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

-Atom- posted:

such a weird an awesome crop of champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Woodley is hungrier, because he diets more than Hendricks. Because he's not fat and he doesn't own a steak house.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Panama Red posted:

I eagerly await this thread covering JBJ violating his parole in the most dingus way possible

he's gonna get another DUI

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ryan Bader is good enough, but he's not good

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

acai moonsault posted:

Hendricks vs Woodley is off the card due to Hendricks weight cut issues. - @danawhite

1st AD posted:

Woodley is hungrier, because he diets more than Hendricks. Because he's not fat and he doesn't own a steak house.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

And Im glad Jhn Hendricks missed weight after bitching that he deserved a title shot :lol:

Same. The MMA gods are benevolent and funny.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 193 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

The UFC has been on their promo game for 2015.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jones is looking to make his heavyweight debut I guess :stare:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I think Atom lives in San Diego so if you come out here I'll film the beat down

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

niethan posted:

No thats his fiancee he has a photo of his fiancee as instagram photo. its his name thats fake what the gently caress kind of name is colbey northcutt (two "t"s? really?)

edit: wait gently caress the dudes name is sage. what confused me was that his sister has a lot of pics of him. forget it

Old people figuring out Instagram is lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

*against Rashad

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I have Gus round 2 as well.

Really the rounds that seems to be in dispute are 3 and 4, and the judges were coin flipping those rounds too. Any score from 49-46 Cormier to 48-47 Gustafsson seems reasonable to me.

I don't think that DC was nearly finished in round 3 though. He got hurt, dropped, then got back up. I definitely see where someone would give it to Gus, but DC was winning every exchange and landing more shots before that. I had that one 10-10.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

david carmichael posted:

also, weighing the last 20 seconds more heavily than the rest of the round is absolute trash garbage. gently caress ray leonard, namaste

Yeah, this is my feeling too.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The Sphinxster posted:

Is Cher from the 209? That seems more likely to me.

she's armenian

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

No matter how good Michael Johnson gets, I'll always begrudge him for being the guy that shot endless doubles on TUF and didn't do poo poo with top position and gassed.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Shogun got knocked stupid by OSP, I don't think Bader winning is any worse.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I guessed I missed all the Alpha Male chat today but it's gonna be weird if TJ does full camps at Elevated, when Team Alpha Male has basically an endless supply of sparring partners that are close to the size of bantamweight.

Maybe he's gotten to the point where he doesn't need to roll with the sharks every day, but I wonder how this might affect his fights? Especially if Cruz has a legit wrestling advantage. I guess Leister Bowling is a well known wrestling coach, but poo poo Thatch got ruined by Bendo and iirc he's been with Bowling his whole career.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

If Ryan Bader fought opponents of the caliber that RR fights he'd be the most dynamic knockout artist in MMA history.

Ryan Bader got knocked down and guillotined by Jacob Christopher Ortiz

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

vainman posted:

In no way does WMMA have a few decent fighters

Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Ronda Rousey
Cyborg Justino
Cat Zingano
Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Alexa Grasso
Claudia Gadelha

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

ronda is pretty good but skill-wise she'd be middling in any division at best. all the other girls are bad. worse than heavyweights.

Joanna Champion is better at fighting than Travis Browne hth

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Trast posted:

McMann turned into a wet fart when it comes to MMA which is a bit sad. It was cool to have another fighter with an Olympic pedigree.

She decided convenience was more important than moving to an actual good camp.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That's a rough matchup.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

After the Holm fight I doubt we even see Ronda back until July or August, plenty of time for someone to win 2 in a row.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't think there's anything scummy about TJ leaving? He got a massive financial incentive to train with another team that happens to be close to his cosh and mentor. Maybe it will turn out poorly, maybe he'll do fine, only time will tell.

Trast posted:

1st AD seems to think it's a tough match up for her. I haven't seen the new polish girl's fights but it seems like the Eastern European strawweights have a pretty good striking pedigree. Joanna's got multiple world championships in Muay Thai but I can't seem to find much on Karolina's background. Randa always seems to be the underdog in fights though. She'd been calling out Van Zant but I don't think the UFC wants to put her anywhere near a good wrestler yet who could sneak in an upset.

Also that Fight Night card looks sick. It really could be a PPV.

It's also a tough match for KK, in case I didn't make that clear. Imagine Jedrzejczyk vs Esparza, except both fighters are not as skilled and you have this fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Is Randa supposed to be Esparza in that analogy?

Yes, but KK is not as good as Joanna and Randa is not as good as Esparza. So I think Randa will get takedowns and maintain top position for a bit, and I think Karolina will light her up a bunch and defend a few takedowns. I don't think either will finish the other, but I think Karolina wins it despite looking vulnerable in spots.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

I don't see the similarity. Esparza is a midget with a bad double and no plan B. Randa has a solid ground game and some weird submissions. She also seems to know what a punch is.

Esparza has a better double than Randa. Carla's top game is about as good as Randa's from what I can, but they don't have a ton of common opponents for me to say for sure. I could be full of poo poo here.

Also Randa's punching is just as bad as Carla's. Defense is equally as bad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Theory - Faber and TJ are building towards a title fight with each other and are playing the game very well.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Ufc kayfabe

Can't wait till the Mandalay Screwjob happens when Dana White yells to the NSAC "RING THE drat BELL" and TJ gets sent packing to WSOF

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

There's a Yoel Romero joke to be made there but :effort:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

For real I wanna see Rousey vs her mom at Metamoris. That would own

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ariel is the worst, seriously he is joyless and thin skinned and I enjoy it when he gets owned by Rampage or when Bobby Green rolls with like 10 people in a Skype interview and just takes over his segment.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hendricks is the reason someone like Mike Dolce has gainful employment, because he is too dumb to figure out calorie counting or how to prepare the appropriate meals for losing weight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ditch posted:

He also mentioned having deer 3x a day and was probably having big cuts of it.

Also, Browne said he and Ronda aren't dating or boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're together, and she's his woman and he's her man. Uhhhhh...

Can't wait till Ronda is "injured in camp" and Browne mysteriously gets cut from the UFC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

God he is such a fuckup. Even if he was still champ he would've blown it all up due to junk science.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That relationship is going to fall apart as soon as he explains what he really meant about the time he saw Bigfoot and then had his memory mysteriously erased.

:drat:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Iirc they have a TV deal and will be doing a live version of the podcast in the fall.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brendan Schaub is kind of dumb but there's no reason to downplay his success as an MMA media personality. At least, I think he's less annoying than Ariel.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

What I am trying to say is, I am trying to rationalize the fact that I bought one of Schaub's Abbot Kinney Fight Club t-shirts because it's totally ironic and I have terrible taste.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this dog poo poo is white and dry, but at least it doesn't do this thing where it pretends to have interpersonal conflicts with the other dog shits awkwardly

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Schaub is using the Reebok deal as a safe face measure so that it looks like he is retiring to take a stand and not because he repeatedly got his rear end knocked out brutally. Podcasts are not big money ventures, especially when you can't use them as free ad space for your other ventures (stand-up tours, TV appearances, etc).

They just did an actual live show that supposedly sold out, they're already getting FS1 money for the podcast, they sell merch, and I believe whatever show they have going on cable this fall is part of Callen's development deal.

I guess I don't understand why people are so incredulous that he would choose to goof off on air instead of getting 30/30 to train hard for 2 months and then get KO'd.

• Locked thread