Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Conor loves the pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seltzer posted:

I would've rather had the good fighter manage his weight and fight instead of not.

Lacks dramatic irony

mewse
May 2, 2006

I love BJ Penn.. with almonds

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

"I'm not locked in this octagon with you," Kevin James said as he barfed onto Mayhem Miller's face. "YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!!!"

I like this post

mewse
May 2, 2006

They probably didn't have a camera with the correct attachments needed to film his colon

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

GSP is also probably way more assiduous than most fighters about working out and staying lean in between camps.

OCD: World's Best Steroid?

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think the term is athletic

mewse
May 2, 2006

"I think he's doing the right thing" says guy who has most to benefit from other guy doing the thing

mewse
May 2, 2006

I would argue that Ronda is not, in fact, the Ronda of this generation

mewse
May 2, 2006

Aurain posted:

"I'm glad you say you don't like dragons 'cos I'm gonna be dragging deez nuts on yo face when we fight again"

Aw man they cracked up for like 20 seconds after that one

mewse
May 2, 2006

gently caress off Cyborg

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm glad Rothwell is trying to promote himself.. but it's funny how bad he is at it, vs a guy like Sonnen

mewse
May 2, 2006

attackmole posted:

I like Neil Seery fights because they're basically like watching your tough old dockworking uncle who knows how to box (who's also a midget) in cage fights.

He actually works in a warehouse

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Matt Mitrione really needs to get the talk Joe Rogan gave Schaub.

A big part of Joe Rogan's truth bomb on Schaub was that Schaub has merit as a human being outside of the cage, which doesn't apply to Mitrione at all

mewse
May 2, 2006

He has a successful podcast worth tens of dollars

mewse
May 2, 2006

Let's edit in some digital zoom and sick guitar riffs, said Wanderlei Silva's editor

mewse
May 2, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't know if this got posted, but Chuck Mindenhall did an in-depth piece on Doug Crosby. Other than the sheer insanity of writing songs for the Cro-Mags and watching PPVs in Russian spas, the most revealing part is learning that Crosby's scores are always poo poo because he straight up made his own scoring system. How can an athletic commission continue to use him when he is pretty upfront about not following the 10-point must system that all of the other judges are using?

Armchair intellectual thinks rounds shouldn't be judged independently. Gets told off in such an oblique way by John Danaher that he doesn't even notice.

mewse
May 2, 2006

david carmichael posted:

that bad article about the bad judge who talks about jeso a lot made me think: remember when nate quarry couldn't cut off the cage against a broken footed kalib starnes who had completely quit, and he landed like 0 strikes and no takedowns in the third and he got like a 10-6 round or whatever

david carmichael posted:

iirc starnes actually won the third round based on the unified rules as written

Yeah there was a different article a few years ago (I'm sure you read it) that describes how that fight completely broke the 10 point scoring system vs every other normal bout

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Can anyone find these articles about the scoring in that fight?

I think this is the article I was thinking of.

quote:

A bizarre fight with an even more bizarre score, none of the three judges at ringside could seem able to make sense of it. In one of the strangest judgments in MMA history, one judge scored it 30-27 (meaning three regulation 10-9 rounds), one judge scored it 30-26 (meaning one round was 10-8), but the last judge scored it 30-24 (meaning all three rounds were 10-8).

FightMetric didn’t have much more luck. I never thought it would come to this, but the fight between Nate Quarry and Kalib Starnes actually broke the FightMetric system. The stats for this fight were so unusual that the system simply did not have rules in place to handle the scores.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I'm Greg Jackson.

same

mewse
May 2, 2006

Happy Friday, lovers

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I'm Greg Jackson.

This is my zombie makeup. I am dead on the inside.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nice av, for some definitions of nice

mewse
May 2, 2006

It appears Bioshuffle quit posting a year ago with that "Even if I disagree with you" post

mewse
May 2, 2006

quote:

Hendricks attempted to replicate that success earlier this month at UFC 192, only he tweaked a winning formula, switching his diet from fish and chicken, which Dolce preferred, to one heavy on venison.

Seriously? The Brock Lesnar weight cut?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

The injuries might impact his performance but tons of athletes bounce back from knee injuries

Shogun

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse
May 2, 2006

Trast posted:

At this point I'm convinced the UFC division of Reebok is just someone's mom with an old copy of Printshop.

And her son Giblert

mewse
May 2, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also lmbo off at the Canadian crowd rooting for Nate Quarry by the end, Starnes so bad his countrymen turned on him

We aren't very nationalistic w/r/t these things, vs Brazilians crowds etc

mewse
May 2, 2006

Trudeau owns

mewse
May 2, 2006

I thought Northern Ireland had fallen off into the ocean anyway??

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

He looks like someones dad who works in a warehouse or something.

He looks like that because he actually does work in a warehouse.

quote:

Q: Do you have any heroes?
A: No

Q: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
A: No

Q: What was your job before you started fighting?
A: Warehouse worker

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Just look at Conor fans from Ireland, GSP in Montreal, USA chants, and Brazilians going absolutely crazy for 0-3 tuf rejects while telling every foreigner they're going to die. Plain and simple it sells. In a sport without teams "this guy is from here and that guy is from there" is an easy way to get people to take a side and have a rooting interest.

e-

Actually I think you're wrong and we should debate it heavily for the next 3 pages

mewse
May 2, 2006

Actually kinda excited for My Main Employee Neil Seery

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seery got POTN over the weekend? Nice..

mewse
May 2, 2006

We discussed in the other thread that it doesn't seem like they will use a muted television, just a feed without the audio commentary.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Weidman shits in garbage cans and Trump shits on the electoral process, it's a pretty good match

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Huh, I don't think that's a thing in Canada.

Have you considered violently assaulting someone for stepping on the Canadian flag because that's also a thing that Kennedy just illustrated

mewse
May 2, 2006

Did Aguilar step down or is he still on the commission, just not the chair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Why would someone name a show Heil Hitler

• Locked thread