Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Age, other coverage on ABC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So Malcolm can basically ask in Question Time how Albo feels about basically being cheated out of his rightful place right?

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Spillvember?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

fliptophead posted:

Spillvember?

Yes, YES. Something will certainly HAPPEN in November.

In other news:
"The evidence before the commission suggests that the focus upon – and resources solely dedicated to – the threat of outlaw motorcycle gangs by the (Queensland Police Service) has meant that other types of organised crime have not been able to be appropriately investigated."

"Other types of criminal gangs were allowed to prosper under the Newman Government."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-30/john-edward-american-psychic-one-plus-one-medium/6880500

Why the gently caress did the abc do this

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cartoon posted:

Unfortunately this just enshrines more years of far right overlords. The Labor party really knows how to gently caress things up in a fundamental way.

Yeah, this might be a good thing to have happen just as 'well finally something's actually been done about it', this is gonna kill electorally. Turnbull's already won the next election based on this alone, and I don't think it's likely that Labor will pull themselves together enough to win the one after that either.

This might be the Greens' time to shine, though. I feel like they have more to gain in terms of straight votes than the Liberals on this. That won't translate into as much actual success, of course, but I can't see the Liberals winning out as much in a leadership scandal given what happened earlier.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Remember in House of Cards (the good one) where Francis destroys the two party system in order to create a Thatcherian dystopia

That but Australia and with neocons

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog on the Bacon pointing out additional causes of cancer:

Kitten Physio:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Lots of cameras outside the WA Corruption and Crime commission this afternoon.

Wonder what big name is dirty now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog on the Bacon pointing out additional causes of cancer:

First Dog isnt on the list. :hmm:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

One of the last barriers to same sex marriage within the labour movement could be crumbling, as the powerful “Shoppies” union moves to drop its long-held and fierce opposition.

Guardian Australia understands the powerful and socially-conservative Shop, Distributive & Allied Employees’ Association (SDA) has discussed dropping its opposition to marriage equality at both its national executive and national conference in favour of having no stated policy on the issue.

The Victorian, South Australia, Western Australia and Newcastle branches are understood to back the change while the Queensland, New South Wales and Tasmania branches are reluctant to shift.

Sources say that puts the numbers “line ball” while others say those advocating change have “narrowly got the numbers”.

The possible shift at the largest Labor-affiliated union comes after generational change with Joe de Bruyn retiring as national secretary and WA senator Joe Bullock standing aside as WA secretary of the SDA when he entered parliament in 2014.

gently caress off Shoppies.

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>
I noticed a strong migraine coming on literally as soon as I started reading that first dog thing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Fire us all into the sun. Sorry NT, not even the NT news can save you now.

From here: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/30/use-of-force-on-asylum-seekers-in-onshore-immigration-detention-soars

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Holy poo poo

http://junkee.com/scott-ludlam-will...484OSd3TsU8S.99

quote:

If Parliament was a game of D&D, what would Malcolm Turnbull play as?

A fairly high-level illusionist.

What about Peter Dutton?

Nobody wants to play D&D with Peter Dutton.

Tony Abbott?

A Revenant, but an embarrassing one that nobody’s scared of.

Jacqui Lambie?

I’m honestly stumped. I’m not sure. The more I think about it the more abstract that question seems.

Bill Shorten?

A few square feet of brick paving in a room nobody has visited in a while.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i really like the phrase 'suburban factional warlord'

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

'Turkish numbers man' is good too. I like to think they call him Hakki the Turk like they're in some B grade gangster movie.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The amount of shade against Shortens name atm seems unprecidented. Why doesn't the powers that be force him out?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Because he is the powers that be, the faceless man, the Turkish numbers guy, the suburban warlord

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Because he is the powers that be, the faceless man, the Turkish numbers guy, the suburban warlord

Now and for never more, men.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think there are powers that be that are separate from Shorten. Especially with today's poll numbers. Dunno if a move will be made but it's a very familiar "build up to..." sort of atmosphere.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
So what you're saying is that Snort-hen is not going to be supreme ALP peeps in the November election you predicted?

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
You mean like the buildup to Ruddmentum that took 2 years? Huzzah.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Something cool will happen in November.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Something cool will happen in November.

That gif of bugs bunny cutting qld off from australia will come true :allears:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Even in Bendigo:

These days I just wish for a meteor swarm.

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>
Ten to one odds for November election on sportsbet. 34:1 on December, January and February are about 12 bucks.

Get your bets on November imo, I've got a buck on each to hedge a little..

Wow I sound like tom Waterhouse, remember gamble responsibly ***wink***

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ahh Yes posted:

Ten to one odds for November election on sportsbet. 34:1 on December, January and February are about 12 bucks.

Don't bet, put that money towards something good, like the Asylum Seekers Resource Centre

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Unbelievable that the odds on a coalition victory have shrunk to 1.15. Jesus Christ Australia stop thinking with your dick

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ahh Yes posted:

I'm looking at it now and it's saying 51 to 1 for November?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

freebooter posted:

Unbelievable that the odds on a coalition victory have shrunk to 1.15. Jesus Christ Australia stop thinking with your dick

At this point history books will indeed deem the leadership spill that installed Abbott a mistake.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neeeeerd!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The JSCOT hearing on the TPP might gently caress the libs up, probably not bad enough to wreck the election. Still, that poo poo'll be fierce

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I wish I were an accelerationist.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I wish I were an accelerationist.

im an accelationist..yeh, in the bedroom :smug:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Orkin Mang posted:

im an accelationist..yeh, in the bedroom :smug:

Buttchugging wine in your bedroom on your own doesn't count. Please start your camshow up again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

open24hours posted:

'Turkish numbers man'

Mods, namechange please.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Mods, namechange please.

A Netflix Original series.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im afraid ur going down andinav. i have these moves ive been working on.......

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You may have trained against a small man but can your fists handle a TALL man?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

Charities working in immigration detention centres were asked to pay multimillion-dollar bonds that could be forfeited if they spoke out against government policy, as the Coalition sought to maintain secrecy over border protection.

Nothing to see here

• Locked thread