Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vladimir Poutine posted:

A pathological hatred of cats is just one of those red flags, like a Southern Cross tattoo or a fondness for talkback radio, that immediately lets you know that someone is just an irredeemably terrible person. It's a real timesaver actually.

And yet if you go too far the other way, you end up being a crazy cat person.

If only they didn't slaughter millions of native animals. But clearly anyone who hates something that is driving innumerable species to the brink of extinction is a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress centrelink in general. I put in an application for sickness leave on the 19th, had all the required documents in by the next week, and I still haven't heard back from them. Just checked my app and apparently I am receiving sickness leave, but no money has come into my account.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I went to CCGS in perth and even that school had a very small jewish population. I was friends with one, and there was another one a couple of years ahead of me, but that was about it. Dude loved his soccer.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

Hey, we're signatories to The Hague, I think. There's always hope.

Has there been any movement on the case against Morrison and Abbott?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

Construction set to begin on FTTN in my surburb last half of 2018, no idea how long it will take to roll out.

I'm moving from a place where construction is starting next month, to a place where construction is starting same as you.

At least I won't be staying there for that long.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Why do I get the impression that every time a politician says "what a grub" they are really harking back to Mr "I'm a fixer" Pyne's grubby episode?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senator Eric "I'm not a nazi, but they have done some good work" Abetz drew a link between breast cancer and abortion in one of his brilliant speeches.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Penny Wong for pm.

Not only would we get someone who isn't completely horrible as PM, we stand a good chance of thinning out some conservatives as they have an aneurysm over the Asian lesbian running the joint. Win/win imo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

Even Andrew Charlton doesnt think Swan was a particularly good Treasurer

Hrm, to believe a partisan political figure, or observable history, and the IMF.

I dunno, it's a tough choice. FOR A CLOWN.

*Drops mic, walks out*

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

Andrew Charlton is the best economist in Australia hth

Thats like saying herpes is the best std. Hth

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

I'm not an economist

Andrew Charlton is, and he's literally written books about the Australian economy

When he says Swan wasn't that flash a Treasurer, I'm happy to believe it

So you are voting Keith Windshuttle as Australia's Best Historian?

He has literally written a book about it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Now you are using Peter loving Costello as a back up to your argument. For fucks sake every time I look at one of your posts I regret it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yes, because Australia is noted for a complete lack of transparency about its economic figures, which are regularly wrong.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I'm sorry thread. I will stop responding to Negligent.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can't really blame people for not wanting to be known as Australian.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

A shame this comprises 95% of the city

I'm about to move to Scarborough, and to get to my job will take me 1:30 on public transport, or 25 minutes if I drive.

Also somewhat topical

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-25/wa-government-considers-shelving-plan-for-new-perth-railcars/6883180

Why anyone believed any promises to improve public transport is beyond me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

Yeah, be like most Australians and build a massive gently caress off house on a new subdivision and then spend the next 20 years bitching about lack of infrastructure and how long it takes to get anywhere.

Scarborough. A new subdivision apparently.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zahki posted:

Because we adhere to a policy when we select, process and relocate them and don't just allow anyone with a boat to rock up. That's the point. You think we'd still have positive outcomes if we allowed a free for all where anyone who arrived on a boat was settled here? I hope not.
Australia doesnt allow anyone with a boat to just rock up and gain access and that noone is suggesting that. Not one person. If an asylum seeker is deemed to be a refugee, then they should have access. If not, they can go home.

What bit of that do you not understand?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zahki posted:

So you think we should settle a potentially unlimited number of refugees here if they arrive by boat. Probably not a good idea.

It really is a good idea. Refugees are a net gain for our country, no matter what complete morons like you think. They bring new food, new art, new ideas, new business opportunites, an increase in GDP and a whole shitload of of people who are greatful for the opportunity to contribute to a place that has literally saved their lives.

Of course, it would require a bit of support while they get back on their feet, but the cost of that would be completely insignificant when compared to the cost of funding concentration camps on a tropical hellhole and ensuring significant mental issues, which would then require more money to fix, and take longer for them to become productive members of society.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Graic Gabtar posted:

Abbott and Hockey are gone. One of my greatest wishes in life. I'm happy to embrace the Turnbull juggernaut.

What is the functional difference between turnbull and abbott? What has changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

malc actually understands that poo poo in a way that even krudd didnt dare talk about so yeah he will go down in history as a legit good pm

How do you know this?

• Locked thread