Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
so is the seven day economy working seven days straight or are we giving the soviet method a go and assigning two days off randomly to everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
it's too bad cats are just not as good dogs

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

GoldStandardConure posted:

The only ethically correct pet:

I think your dog is sick, it looks weird

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
hmm strange. people are still talking about cats as if they're not just garbage dogs?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lid posted:

Have we tried kill all the poor?

The computer said it won't work so we're not doing it.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Anidav posted:

I find it funny that The Skull keeps getting kicked out of patriot groups that mostly agree with him but they can't agree with him on camera so they ask him to leave. Then he appears 3 months later in some offshoot group and the same thing happens.

He just wants friends you secret zionists!

maybe if he weren't literally a metal gear villain

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I can't believe Chris Kenny's application fee was waived on the condition he hosed a dog, insane to consider

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton, who has his own long-term leadership ambitions

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Speaking of which, just saw a sign outside the pub saying Pokies are now guaranteed to be open til 3:30AM :australia:

imo, blow them up

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
doing the rcg was one of the more soul crushing parts of my life

like I got the certificate and was just like "I can never use this"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Solemn Sloth posted:

itt correcting people from different states on acronyms which differ from state to state

that state is queensland to be fair

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Serrath posted:

Seems Turnbull announced a timetable for a same sex marriage plebiscite and vows to hold one within 100 days of the next election, should his party win.

Not knowing a lot about plebiscites, is it fair to assume that formally announcing this policy and announcing a timeline exactly the same as Labor's policy to vote on Same Sex Marriage within 100 days of a Labor government nullifies much of the difference between these two parties?

they don't even have to pretend that they'll pass a same sex marriage bill if they're elected

so there's no difference

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm getting reports in that Chris Kenny had sex with a dog? Choosing to believe this.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
lmao at anyone unironically saying sjw

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
quit refusing to take your diarrhoea medication

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Laserface posted:

hmm yes "posting on the internet" = position of power.

keep in mind im referring to SJWs as a whole and not this specific case of nauru horror.

which is bad.

take the diarrhoea medicine paul

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
the sjw bogeyman is fake buddies, now sit down and take your diarrhoea medicine

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

BBJoey posted:

I never considered that he might have been moving them each shot, I legitimately thought he had multiple skulls just hangin out in various places in his house in some sort of cargo cult imitation of a Bond villain. Now you've at the very least planted the seed of doubt. Thanks a lot jerk. :smith:

we know for a fact that it's only one skull

because he named it

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

katlington posted:

Eric "What about all the good things my uncle the nazi did?" Abetz.

that was actually his brother tbf

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Solemn Sloth posted:

My line is the first time the fetus votes, if it votes liberal you can still abort it.

bad news for beet

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
eat babies imo

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TheBlackVegetable posted:

Why are they holding Kiwis on Christmas Island? Not that anyone else should be held there, but surely that's a dumb move politically?

we put a karl pilkington impersonator in charge of concentration camps

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

teacup posted:

I didn't realise it was still legal to smoke while pregnant. Not to bring up pregnancy chat, but what is the auspol hive minds view on this?

smoking is bad at all times

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
it's an extremely good av

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Albo's moving to a more conservative electorate because he wants to properly represent his pro child rape party.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ban smoking imo

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Is the machete plastic

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ban sport imo

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
we get it mate if they can afford to pay a people smuggler they can't be refugees because refugees can't afford to pay people smugglers because if they can afford to pay a people smuggler they can't be refugees because

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
what about the time the middle East was inventing maths while the west played with their dicks in the mud

and the time the pope said "we should go gently caress up the holy land"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey guys have you thought that maybe white people really are just genetically superior anyway peace

uh if you cared to engage his original point at all it was actually that middle Eastern folk are inherently barbaric regardless of how much white folk want to nuke them

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
as a poor person aged 20 or something i most closely related to 65+ year old boomers

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Zahki posted:

They spoke about this on Lateline last night and both guests, one of them a Muslim himself, disagreed with that idea. And both of them were quite critical of the left wing tendency to try and whitewash Islamic extremism by placing blame on western powers instead of the extremists themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQhu1A-Ats

i'm glad dawkins jr was there to explain that islam is fundamentally incompatible with not being a regressive barbarian also but im not racist

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Zahki posted:

Every sovereign nation has the right to regulate who enters. It's not in Australia's interests to take every refugee that takes a boat from Indonesia. Anyone who says that we have an obligation to accept people who pay smugglers to come here is simply insane.

agreed, australia doesn't have a race problem, why should we import one

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
maybe we'd be better equipped to take refugees if we didn't spend billions torturing them beforehand

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
have considered that maybe actually torture of the children is good?

e: as hell???

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
you should tell him to stop reading r/atheism

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
if even a single refugee makes it to our virgin shores unassaulted we have failed our poop flinging crusader ancestors

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Zahki posted:

So you think we should settle a potentially unlimited number of refugees here if they arrive by boat. Probably not a good idea.

I thought I already pointed out that refugees are only a subset of the humanitarian arrivals. The refugee quota has remained fairly stable at around ~6000 for a decade, which is a pretty good indication of how many people we have the capability of settling here on an annual basis.

it was shocking to learn that the only thing that's literally infinite in our universe was refugees but my guess of dark matter was close imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Zahki posted:

Hey it's not as if Germany made a 'come one come all' offer this year and was flooded with a number of refugees it has no hope of being able to resettle successfully. The idea that an invitation to settle anyone who makes it to your borders might spur a movement of refugees the host country can't handle is just theory, surely if we've been taking 6000 per year consistently we can bump that up to 12,000 or 18,000 year with no negative effects for the country or the refugees we're trying to help, no siree.

so what you're saying is other nations' failing in not offering amnesty to people fleeing war zones has lead to germany having to take upon itself a greater burden than it should?

• Locked thread