Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

All of the recent news has been causing me to eat at the bar a lot. Just doing my part. :patriot:

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He actually loving doubled down on it when given a chance to clarify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp4WhIASVk

Is he purposely killing his campaign or is he really this stupid?

Jeb Bush really is the biggest argument against heavy marijuana use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

pathetic little tramp posted:

France rules and every CEO in America should face this sort of consequence for their lovely actions:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34445379

If going on strike ever becomes a fire-able offense there is always this option.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Kafka Esq. posted:

Down with Webster.

What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Kind of funny that when George W Bush gave a speech they would wrangle the protesters into "free speech zones" to keep them away from cameras and the media. Now when Obama gives speeches everyone is waving guns around in front of cameras talking about how he's taking away their freedom. Interesting how times change.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Obama joked that Kanye West was going to run for speaker of the house. I'm not sure he should be giving him any ideas.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

evilweasel posted:

Thing is, that piece isn't about the tea party. It's about the Republican Party as a whole. He's no longer pretending that the lunatics are a wing of the party: he's saying "well, all the sane people are dead and only the lunatics are left".

I'm glad David Brooks found something to complain about other than people who are poor having sex without his permission.

Venom Snake posted:

Does this turtle face moron realize playing chicken with the world economy is going to make a lot of people hate our guts. Even looking like we might default could cause a disaster.

Sure, those people are on one side. The other side is glaring at him while parading around with John Boehner's head on a pike.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

I notice that among Bernie supporters, there's the same vein of "My candidate has never failed, nor done bad" that was common among Paulites.

It's easy to say about Ron Paul because he never did anything to be wrong about. His stances, sure, but he only got about one bill passed and voted no on everything else.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Radish posted:

I am curious if anything will get the media to stop their "both sides just can't agree!" messaging. I guess we'll see when they try to shut down the government this time.

MSNBC seems to be getting more and more conservative anchors so I'm sure both they and Fox News will agree on who the party at fault is fairly soon. :v:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Good profile of the guy who infiltrated Planned Parenthood and the other companies they collaborate with for organ donation and research. It is from Washington Post but it's a good story. Explains why he is going to be so hosed by lawsuits for violating non disclosure agreements but that will just feed into the persecution complex of the people against PP. Its either completely sanctioned and legal or the entire government is covering up and complicit in murder. I think you can guess what side most of them will choose.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Trabisnikof posted:

You guys are fools if you think Carson's book tour won't look a lot like campaigning

It's much like McCarthy's comment about the Benghazi hearings. Doesn't change anything but it is objective proof that the whole thing is just a farce.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The slavery for crimes things is a very libertarian concept and plays well with a lot of the tea party crowd.

This doesn't make any sense. I thought rich white people were already slaves.

To taxes.

Fried Chicken posted:

I kinda wonder if it will be more the "Lean In" rich white woman style feminism, or something more shaped by mass social media today.

Gamergate version 2.0.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

On Terra Firma posted:

Not that this is any indication that it will but it's been at the top of my facebook trending thing since it broke.

The GOP isn't going to let something like someone they called to testify lying under oath distract the public from who the real criminals are.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Why not first spouse so it's future proof?

First bae.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it wasn't like trying to tear his leg off. Just to remind people the man was not treated afaik from reading the article for any injuries.

If George Zimmerman had more "injuries" than you did after a supposed dog attack, then yeah. The dog should not have been shot.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Hollismason posted:

If all cops were priests then they could administer last rites after they shoot someone. So really they would just sending everyone to heaven.

Why would they want to fill heaven with criminals?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Tarezax posted:

If nobody could open it to see if it was a hoax why did it not get blown up by the bomb squad

This, plus the clock face was on the inside of the pencil case, so why would a locked pencil case immediately be assumed to be a bomb and why would the reaction be just to arrest him and not evacuate anyone or dispose of it safely?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The most recent This American Life was about this topic as well. Interesting but also very depressing.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Since Webb was the first dem nominee to drop out after the debates you could honestly say that Chafee's campaign defied expectations. :v:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

It's pretty hilarious that they wrote this about Chafee while Lessig is still running. I blame the fact that nobody in the media gives a poo poo about Lessig for this.

Joementum posted:

Update: I guessed wrong and he's going to put out a statement that they're staying on the panel. Not sure why that needs a statement, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He knows that quitting would feed into the "Dems running scared" narrative so he would rather make a statement saying "We know this is bullshit but instead of quitting were just going to watch them shoot themselves in the foot over and over again while trying not to laugh."

RevKrule posted:

I've already seen this and a few people saying they should charge her because she pled the 5th which obviously means you're guilty.

People's understand of how American justice actually works vs how it works on TV just astounds me sometimes.

So if using a provision of the constitution to proclaim innocence means you are guilty should we start arresting gun owners?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Not true! [Paul Ryan] drove the Weinermobile for a bit.

Wouldn't being Carlos Danger's chauffeur be a conflict of interest for this job?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Interweb posted:

Haha, this is the angriest I've ever seen Rand Paul get. This is in response to a Buzzfeed reporter who apparently has a history of criticizing Rand Paul for using fake founding father quotes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...311445980749619

Rand Paul opens up a book with footnotes. "What is all this bullshit pedantry?"

It's also funny that he's treating Thomas Jefferson quotes like the teachings of Jesus that scholars argue about. It's not like he wrote stuff down or anything.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

evilweasel posted:

Paul's just going to showboat pointlessly.

Pretty much sums up the political accomplishments of the Paul family.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Hodgepodge posted:

Man, the guy is putting himself in a position to be attacked as a RINO and thinks "I need to add a D to my name." :psyduck:

His middle name is Davis so maybe it's an attempt at finding common ground. If the HFC starts revolting he will go all the way to capitulate and change his first name to Jefferson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Imagine how entertaining it would be if both him and Trump run as 3rd party candidates. Trump is obviously going to appeal to libertarians but what party can Webb latch onto? The Constitution Party?

• Locked thread