Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Roger himself is not that hard to solo, the trick is usually the surrounding circumstances which make dealing with him optimally difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Roger feels an awful lot easier to kill than a l4d tank, but it's been a long time since I played l4d.

You can't block or dodge in L4D, and you can't even really run faster than the Tank. You can block or dodge Roger attacks.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

poo poo, they really have stepped it up a notch. I don't see me using that uninterruptible revive though, feels so out of character...

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Like I said, reviving people is a job for lumbahfats, I've got rats to kill.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Coolguye posted:

kerillian herself is a massive jerk

This is so redundant I wonder if you've ever actually played the game...

If the Handmaiden version is extra sanctimonious when resurrecting, I will pretty much only play as her.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Statutory Ape posted:

does this game or the sequel have any healer types

What would you need healers for? Lettin the rats poke you? Quit jumping around, you look ridiculous, lumberfoot!

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Martout posted:

lol "progress" who has time for that when there are rats to burn

Better weapons means you can kill even more rats faster! :science:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Statutory Ape posted:

ive kinda already moved on and am looking forward to vermintide 3

I heard it's going to be sick. They got rid of all non-elf characters.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

Official ranking:
1)Victor
2)Kruber
3)Sienna
4)Franz Lohner
5)Olysia
6)Cousin Okri (<----not real)
7)Bardin
8)the rats

x)the hated elf

I see you clumsy lumberfoots are still jealous of Kerillian being the real hero of the story. I can see why, but this jealousy does you no good in the long run.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

I will admit that none of the other team members can rival her olympic-class whining.

The hero we deserve.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

One thing I thought was interesting is that Sienna is now definitely the most "ranged' character: Her three variants appear to be AoE ranged, single-target ranged, and melee. Only Victor actually seems to have the ranged/hybrid/melee split. Bardin gets ranged, shield, dual weapons, Kruber gets shield, ranged, polearm, and Kerillian gets ranged, dual weapons, polearm. Its possible that that's just their main weapons and each of those have a ranged weapon that varies in strength (I'm pretty sure Shades Kerillian has a repeater crossbow based on early videos) but I don't know how it works for everyone else, or whether what I'm seeing as "polearm" classes are actually just the hybrid ones and they're just not showing that aspect off yet.

I'm not in the beta so I can't comment if that's actually true, I'm just going off the website.

I think Kerillian has ranged no matter what, it's just the Waywatcher is specialized for it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Banano posted:

I forgot to mention that the elf still attracts the only kind of players that matter, that much has remained unchanged from the first game

FTFY

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm not sure what to say other than that it's disagreeing with something specific about your setup, because i'm running the game on outright worse specs with everything set to low. it's not PERFECT by any means but there's been no actual crashes.

Game straight up crashes for me on DX12 but runs fine on DX11. I have a GTX 970.

Tenzarin posted:

Game is alot of fun. I like the changes to loot. Can you have multiple of the same class in a game, if they are different careers? All voices are played for me at like a higher frequency so they sound like chipmunks, revalidating the installation did nothing.

No, only 1 person may constantly call everyone else mayflies.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Sazabi posted:

How would you do a cinematic trailer for VT2?

That seems a bit much... I don't think we need to take the extra classes too seriously, they are wildly contradictory and can't be 'switched' between so easily. I would imagine they just pretend the default classes are the cannonical ones and build the story around that, with the extra classes just being fluff/flavour.

I expect the intro is similar to the first one, except they are more familiar with each other as they meet up in new town, and OMG there are Chaos, time to start the band again guys LOL.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Lunethex posted:

The Elf Spear might end up getting locked to the Handmaiden as well.

BLASPHEMY

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Gort posted:

Do the bots interact with objectives at all? Do you have to do less work if there are fewer human players?

They'll sometimes pick up Tomes, but this is annoying to get working reliably. They'll never pick up Grimoires, for obvious reasons.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Lunethex posted:

They pick up tomes if they have nothing else and immediately discard when they find a health item. And they will run towards that item to get rid of that filthy book ASAP.

I suppose the bots have no need of loot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, I'm not that worried about the gear... within 4h of playing Kerillian with some not stupid people, I basically had decent green versions of most(all?) of the weapons, and was able to play and play well in a role that I found fun. How hard it will be to get the uber-perfect version of everything, that is hard to tell, but if they just import the systems in VT1, along with daily/weekly contracts and other bonus things, I don't see it being such a horrible slog.

• Locked thread