Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Played all 3 levels of the beta and i have to say, i like it alot. the Skaven are great, the one liners are great. the combat is fun, and the witch hunter is a boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

It literaly is left 4 dead, but honestly i like it alot more. the shaven are full of personality as are the players. will this game come with mod support?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

just got console(ps4) version. it runs well enough but there a decent amount of screen cut off(text cutoff and some weapon cut off and no screen slider) that and just hickups all the time. other then that and some sluggeshness its fine.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I had a similar issue, had to adjust my TV's settings to fix it

I already have it a 1080p and max.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the PS4 version got 2 patchs yesterday. i need to see if it fixed the FOV.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

saltz is great because you kind of get in the mindset that hes alright due to those reasons then he drops either some hosed up line about how much he enjoys torturing people to death or some insane obsessive diatribe about skaven scent glands and then youd realize he'd be the absolute worst person to hang out with out of all of them

the voice actor does a great job. in both cases there's a disturbing amount of excitement and passion in his voice

I like the part where he sounds(and probaly does) cum in his pants when he gets healed. i think he maybe addicted to potions. I mostly main as saltz with musket dulies and the broadsword.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kruber doesn't like sienna that much but it's not for her personality, just his wariness around wizards. He's probably my favorite character because of how he is trying his hardest to keep his composure even while he is a broken man on the inside

well i mean. i would too if my entire regiment was wiped out in front of me by one old necromancer and was only saved by a lucky shot and my friend being destroyed utterly. i dont really blame him for being weary of magic.

Digirat posted:

Basically she's a racist, unfunny version of francis

yeah pretty much. also do they ever further flesh out her backstory, i know she was following a spellsinger or some poo poo and thats all.

anyone play on ps4. because i would play with people.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Avenging Dentist posted:

In Warhammer Fantasy, high elves are specifically meant to be posh Brits (and wood elves are probably posh hippy-dippy Brits?) from the point of view of middle class British nerds in the 80s. So a lot of their negative traits are jabs at the upper classes in Britain. Similarly, Skaven are British neo-Nazis: a bunch of lovely little rat-men who live in the sewers yet think they're the master race. (For some reason GW decided that the neo-Nazis should win in the end.)

And I guess Dark Elves are posh Brits who take part in the S&M scene??? It kinda falls apart for me at that point.

i know orcs/orks are supposed to be soccar hooligans and skaven are neo nazis, but that's it.
I have spend been reading the WH fantasy wiki on my phone(its a app apparently) parts of it are more interesting the 40k and some parts arnt. still interesting though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Certain types spend a lot of money on 40k

i like the imperium/the empire. no poo poo they are awful and it should never be a real government ever and anyone who legit believes it i is good idea loving jackoff. that being said. the history major nerd part of me loves digging through all the hosed up lore. its great time waster on a rainy or slow day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Are Elves deserving of more ire than Games Workshop?

I always found them and the eldar the most boring faction, but then again elves have always been boring to me because no one ever does anything different with them other then like 4 categories.

1. is the tolkien elf type, super long lives and view everyone else as either children, monkeys, etc. a small in number but powerfull.

2. dark elves. basicaly evil versions of one, might actualy be black or blue or grey.

3. hippy one with nature elves

4. 1 but enslaved by people and basically humans but with shorter lives and under constant persecution, usually serves as the racism allegory for fantasy stuff.

5. santa's elves, who are just enslaved little people that he kidnaps from birth.

Lunethex posted:

Apparently Fatshark kind of sort of confirmed the Shield Rat getting added.

I remember back in Last Stand when it was shown but never talked about in pics I said I was terrified if it was going to be the kind of rat that hides in hordes like packmasters and if you so much as clip his shield with your swing it would stun you like your guard being broken. That would be bad.

cool maybe more rat variety and types. yay. link to where you saw.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

James Woods Fan posted:

PSN is JamesWoodsKiting. Gonna be playing all day.

Mine is pengun1o1.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

looks great. probaly wont get a console port for a year or so though :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

That ui feels extremely console though

its only pc for now. so idk

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

god. it looks loving awesome. i need to get a new pc. guess i'll wait for console.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Release date is March 8th

Pre-order beta starts Feb 28th.

They're confident!

awsome. on all platforms or just pc for now? doesnt really matter(gently caress yeah new pc) but just curious.

Edit. saw new trailer. ok time to preorder.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 14, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i have to admit i love the horde feeling now. in VT1 it was ok but it felt like the zombie streams from l4d games. in this it feels like loving lord of the rings. like you see tons of chaos assholes poaring down a wooded hill like its the battle of amon hen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mordja posted:

Huh, I thought you only played games on consoles?

i got a new pc finally. and VT2 runs and plays like a dream.

• Locked thread