Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I haven't played as the wizard or the soldier yet, but the melee for the dwarf feels so satisfying. It might just be because of the hit animation where your axe "feels" like it gets stuck into the skaven bodies. The elf's melee on the other hand is the complete opposite. It just seems like you're spinning your blades around in the air and blood flies everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Does killing a stormvermin squad that roams around negate the possibility of stormvermin spawning during an end sequence, like in Horn of Magnus and the wizard tower? It seems like it does, but maybe its just RNG shenanigans?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ToiletDuckie posted:

Next think I know, they're all corpses in a corner at what I assume is the end of the level while I attempt to block/poke 2-3 Stormvermin and a rat swarm to death to reach their (eventually) respawning bodies. Beat the first group, moved to their bodies, got surrounded and failed :(

No one responded when I asked before, but I THINK if you eliminate a roaming stormvermin troop before an end sequence you won't get any of them spawned at the end.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The lobby browser in this is the biggest tease. I find a game I want to join then NOPE, AUTO REFRESH.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Tips for hunting witches? The rapier seems amazing so far if you just take a second to use the charged stab and are good with pushes, especially at murdering storm vermin. I'm okay with the pistol that comes with it, but the dual pistols have, so far, been fairly underwhelming. They don't have the damage output when fired slowly or the aim when fired quickly and I keep finding myself missing a ton of shots. Aim better? Or get a different set of ranged weapons?

e: And holding right click brings up a second pistol but doesn't seem to aim/fire differently. What am I being completely dumb and missing?

You get a small amount of accuracy when crouching (according to the crosshairs anyway). I think the right click thing makes you fire both pistols at once? I usually don't even bother with pushing with the rapier. Just circle strafing and dodging backwards/blocking occasionally lets you slaughter rats en masse with your non-charged attack.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone know if there's a maximum amount of stamina you can have on a weapon? Like if I get a shield with a +2 stamina trait, will it actually only add 1?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Coolguye posted:

I liked the idea from earlier in the thread that if they put an Orc on the team, it's actually a time traveling 40k Ork Kommando who is in disguise as a stunty ogre. The orc has no idea what is going on and is honestly super loving confused by everything, but doesn't really care that much because there's puny little rat gitz ta stomp (and the occasional big rat git ta stomp).

He ends up being best friends with the dwarf because he's the only one who laughs while fighting, the ogre disguise makes it so the dwarf doesn't realize what's up, and the Kommando is too busy being a faux-ogre in front of the humies and stompin' da ratty gitz to press the issue.

This will unfortunately never happen. During the reddit AMA, the fatshark CEO said that they wouldn't "break lore" or whatever. So that kinda eliminates a lot of interesting campy ideas.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone else find that there's an insane amount of healing items in the Grain level, but the opposite is true in the city level (ussein?)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Especially considering that unless you are shooting for Champion gear the rarity doesn't really matter. All it really does is get you some bonus xp, which is what, 60 extra XP on top of the 600 you get from quick play completion with four people?

Who gives a poo poo about getting 140 power oranges

So I stopped playing vermintide 1 before all the crafting stuff came out. Is there no way to upgrade items that you already have?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

So on this stream, it looks like fatshark is showing us how you can have a man with a foreign accent micro manage you playing vermintide.

Lol yeah why aren't both of them playing. He's just playing with 3 bots right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Everyone is bitching in the steam comments about this not getting released yet. I will laugh (and cry) when the full game gets released and it turns out that they needed the extra time to do a full character wipe.

• Locked thread