Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anytime I hear the elf make some lovely remark all I can picture is the Cheese from Rocko's Modern Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

The population of this game seems to be dropping off really sharply already

It's not really it's dropping off it's that the vast majority of players are running one or two maps over and over because there is an exploit that makes it easy for loot. Pop in a nightmare run for Horn of Magnus and you'll always have a game. Want to actually have a challenge and fun playing the game? Good loving luck

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Every patch has optimization notes pretty much so it has gotten better but there's still some frame rate/frames dropping issues that are noticeable

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

Age of Sigmar is trash and always will be. :colbert:

What they did to slayers is a drat travesty. They somehow managed to make them boring. :geno:

They made everything boring in Age of Sigmar and my only solace is Warhammer video games still aren’t picking up “Ultramarines but gold in fantasy” yet

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well good news is Tomb Kings are no longer a thing in Age of Sigmar so they aren’t boring! They just don’t exist!

I think my favorite thing about Age of Sigmar was when it came the only other faction was the Khorne warriors who would just get completely stomped by the much stronger Sigmarines and when pointed out GW stated it was so battles were much more epic and to show how cool they were. GW then dispatched a memo to their stores that when demoing the starter set to only play as Khorne so the customer always won and was more inclined to buy it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How long is the closed test going to go on for?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

V2 is so good, playing 1 again isnt as fun.

I think a big thing for me is that the combat has a more weighty feel to it and combat with anything that’s non chaff actually feels like a sword fight/brawl instead of chaff that takes two hits instead of one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mordja posted:

I think I've found a winning solution to fixing Kerillian.

It's:
Delete the elf, replace with Skink. a god drat mummy

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I have bad news for you......

Dramatic reenactment of GW launching Age of Sigmar

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

toasterwarrior posted:

So, Commendation Chests: should I hang on to them or assume that any changes Fatshark does to how they work will be retroactive relative to when they drop?

It’s so easy to get chests in this one I feel there isn’t a need to horde chests really. Loot is much easier to get the stuff you want

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Taredan posted:

How do you reliably target the fireball? For example a chaos warrior in a horde; half the time I fire it and it seems to vanish in the crowd.

The big charge fireball actually has piercing and will piece targets until it hits something it can’t pierce then explode. Target the head of the Chaos Warrior and the chaff will catch the fire ball with their faces until it hits him or a unit that also blocks piercing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seeing as the Elf is somehow even more obnoxious this go around (Nice shot-NO NEED TA CELEBRATE LAMBAHFATS) there should be a dedicated key binding for the other four hero’s that lets them slap the back of the Elf’s head that makes her stop talking. End of round stats can have a “Number or Elf head slaps” counter too

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m kind of bummed that the Chaos Champion you can already kill in the preview build. Anti climatic really. Speaking of Chaos I’m kind of surprised they picked a Chaos Spawn as one of the mini-bosses. That’s much more a Tzneetch kinda creature. They could’ve done a more Nurgle creature like a lesser Grrat Unclean One or a Beast of Nurgle

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

Need more Chaos-themed specials, as well. How about a Forsaken that behaves like a L4D charger in armor, or some gross-looking bloated cultist who kamikaze's into you to shower the group in nasty goo and adorable nurglings?

Could probably replace Chaos guys with shields with straight up Plauge Bearers because of how hardy they are by default. Plus damage over time weapons from the plagueswords

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I didn’t really pay attention to the End Times in Warhammer because it was such garbage but was Nurgle the main god driving forward in Chaos undivided or was it Tzneetch as typical?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What would you even play as in a AoS Vermintide? Four Sigmarines all shouting how great and awesome Sigmar is? That’s another thing that bothers me about AoS lore too. When the realm balls were new (fukkin :lol:) all the good realms started to get those poo poo pushed in until Sigmar unleashed his Sigmarines and pushed them back. It’s literally GAWD EMPAHRAH from 40K brought over and it’s dumb as poo poo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a good breakdown somewhere of how to do melee combat for Vermintide? I feel like I’m lacking in that department

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Phi230 posted:

What the gently caress even is a mayfly

The elf sucks

Stupid elves have stupid long lifespans so they call other races mayfly because the mayfly bug has a very short lifespan. Basically she’s making fun of them for dying sooner then she will via old age

Also the elf being an rear end in a top hat during the end times is kind of funny because she had future sight all this poo poo was gonna go down and could have actively prevented it but she wanted to be *~free of fate~* so she ran off to live in the woods without telling anyone. That’s why she has the line apologizing to The Weave for letting the rats and chaos do all this poo poo

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 7, 2018

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What’s the best melee weapon for Fire Grandma? I have had decent luck with the dagger on Pyromancer cause of the crit boost

Also glad to see my favorite rats are still in game; the ones who will press themselves up against a wall and not do anything until other rats jump in first

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Minrad posted:

controversial opinion for pubs: grimoires are optional

I did my first veterans game last night and despite the pubbies sucking up every health item while I still had first unused potion they constantly went for grimoires and wiped three times in a row because of it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So as Fire Grandma in the Pyromancer joboine I want to stack Crit Power more then Crit Chance correct because of the passive? Or do I want to stack both in equal amounts to get like for sure crits all the time? The Crit chance I get from the passive applied for both range and melee as well?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i also should mention that when i first saw that they had changed to a lootbox-esque system i was super nervous that they were planning to pull a microtransactions bullshit operation and luckily that doesn't seem to have been the case

This was a big worry to me too since the opening of them is right out of Battlefront II or Overwatch where the box wiggles then explodes into medallions you turn over to see what you got

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

I also like the risk/reward aspect of the Grims; I think they're better realized than the Tomes. Tomes really do nothing to impede you: they're just something to pick up on the way if you know where they are, maybe taking some health damage if you mess up a jump or something. If they went into the bomb slot instead then they'd at least represent something that takes away some of your resources as you head into a major fight. One of the neat things about grims is that once you pick them up, you're locked into not using a potion and you lose health. Tomes really cost you nothing because you can just drop them and use the healing items whenever you come across them instead of carrying them. It might hurt a tiny bit, but not a lot.

Going for Tomes the risk is slowing you down a little and the more time you’re on a map the more health you’re likely to lose. It’s a very light risk that is easily mitigated by a little skill and it’s something even new players can handle. Grims are the hard wall risk where you need skill (and trinkets to make their impact slightly less intense) or you will lose because of them. It’s just two levels of risk, one aimed at all players and one aimed at the upper end of players

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I fully expect the talent that removes all heat on ult use for pyromancer to be reduced to 50% heat or the like at some point, it steps on the toes of unchained a bit, although the other ranged classes can refill their ammo readily too.

Unchained’s living bomb looks so impressive but it hits like such a limp noodle it honestly feels like the worst job for her. Even more so on Champion since it’s only purpose seems to be to hurt your team since it has FF for some dumb reason. Like the entire point of that ult seems to be to clear out a swarm surrounding you so having FF on it complete negates it’s purpose

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Willie Tomg posted:

oh my GOD there's twitch integration in the mode they're showing off right now. with chat votes and everything.

e; OH MY GOD one of the votes is for "treasure hunt" which is where seven loot rats spawn in Lunethexian manner and everyone has to chase them down and bop them.

Link this stream that sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One good thing about liking to play Bright Wizard is that for some reason pubbies never pick her? I guess cause she doesn’t have some kind of broken power but I never have an issue of joining a game and being told the Bright Wizard is taken

• Locked thread