Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Serious Frolicking posted:

I guess they ran out of actual historical figures already. Understandable, as it isn't like there are a whole lot of notable dead people to draw from.

The 4th eyecon will be goku.

I am so in favor of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I kind of suspect they're pulling a YuYu Hakusho/Bleach and Takeru will be resurrected partway through the series, but keep fighting the Ganma out of a sense of duty or something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elfgames posted:

The only problem i had with ghost episode 3 is the horrible wire work while he's floating he was basically dangling on the wires and lightly bumping into the ganma it was awful.

Man, I totally forgot about that. That was TERRIBLE.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

We can finally start recommending Shinkenger as babby's first sentai.

http://over-ti.me/releases/shinkenger-46-49/

Holy poo poo yes

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Skull was completely awesome and it's a crying shame he was relegated to two terrible movies.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, I can totally see Traingers being a hard sell for American kids.

Ninjas on the other hand will always be cool.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's not important to the plot, but you get more Genta.

The movie is okay, but it's also canon. Sort of. Takeru gets a new toy that shows up again later in the main show.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't think there really is. Fourze has Cosmic, but Double has that monstrosity that looks like it had sex with a Ganbaride machine. Meanwhile, W has Xtreme, which is just kind of boring.

Why did you mention Double twice?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

They're still mostly palette swaps.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Drive has the most satisfying ending since W.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

yo i just found out imagination station is currently working on GoGoV, added a link to the Mega folder in the big post

Isn't Imagination Station the newest incarnation of GekiKnight?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

we have this discussion everytime it gets mentioned and i think the answer is "yes but he's actually got someone working with him to make it not poo poo"

Larryb posted:

Exactly. He's been working with an actual translator since the group was offically formed (Said translator as I understand it has also worked with groups such as GUIS and Hikari-Senshi) so however bad the Gekiranger scrubs were, there is nothing objectively wrong with their Abaranger or GoGoV subs so if you want to check those series' out watching the IS subs isn't the worst option you could take (in fact, they're pretty much in the same style as Overtime's subs, albeit to a slightly lesser extent).

Fair enough!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll have you know combat data is a viable scientific principle.

Yeah, but look how well that worked for Freeza and the Saiyans.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, it got Cell built.

And it didn't work every well for him either!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The last team of five to lack a Pink was Gaoranger. Coincidence?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shinkenger had great suits.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is this the first time since Jetman that we've had two girls and neither is pink?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

FortMax posted:

Go-Onger had yellow and silver.

Oh, right.

Rephrasing my original thought, is the first team of five since Jetman with two girls and no pink?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I thought the final battle in Go-Busters was pretty awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Motto posted:

Both of them were. :v:

Okay, you got me. The final battle with Messiah was great, but the actual final battle with Enter was awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, and Go-Busters all have some of the best final battles, in terms of action alone, in the franchise (I watched all of them five years ago on YouTube before they were taken down for copyright), which makes it a real shame that Kyoryuger and ToQger went with "RED GETS ALL THE CREDIT! SOLO SHOT!" and Ninninger is probably gonna do the same thing :(.

I still give ToQ more points in that regard, because it was more thematically set up over the previous arc and ToQ Rainbow was awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did their contract change? Didn't they jam Gokaiger into Megaforce because they couldn't skip any series?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm really glad I dropped Nin^2 when I did.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Remember Shinkenger, where Shinken Blue actually killed Doukoku?

Remember Gokaiger, where the final blow was dealt by Gokai Silver?

What happened to those days?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dexie posted:

I'm glad I checked out of Ninninger early.

Right there with you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Actually, that kinda annoyed me. And I don't think Shinkenblue had any real reason to be involved.

Ryuunosuke was part of the team and honestly the closest to a second in command. I thought it kind of fit since part of Takeru's character arc was learning to accept help and not do everything by himself.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Agreeing with just about everyone on the page, RE: Daigo. Shinkenger's another great example of a sentai series that made the Red the center of the universe, but actually managed to sell it. Takeru was an arrogant rear end in a top hat, sure, but he was an arrogant rear end in a top hat with issues.

And it was pretty great that half the team bought into his arrogance entirely and the other half not only didn't care, but actively challenged his superiority and tried to ground him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Serperoth posted:

The Power Rangers talk reminds me of an alleged script and the like that had come out referencing Power Rider Apollo (adapting Fourze), which had Shun ("Clutch") rapping with Jake on the weekends, and Ohsugi's only casting direction being "Looking for Steve Buscemi-type".

It was an April Fools joke, however :(

Didn't that also involve the head cheerleader updating her Tumblr and the Cancer guy having literal cancer?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jivjov posted:

I really dig the suits. They're unique.

Ninninger had really nice suits too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elfgames posted:

edit: also i didn't watch drive, gaim had killed my interest in rider and i thought the suit was ugly so i skipped it

This is like skipping Fourze to watch Wizard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Has Ghost gotten really as bad to be compared to Wizard? Fourze and Drive were both pretty good, though, I agree.

No, Ghost is markedly better than Wizard.

I was making the analogy of skipping a series that's widely considered really good to watch one that's much worse.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Honestly, I still don't remember much about Wizard beyond Phoenix getting kicked into the sun and infinite, unending powerups.

Ghost at least has three Riders right now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Meteor has two major problems.

His arc takes for-loving-ever and it eats the show while it is going on. Just a small eternity of him being a secret poo poo and the show focusing on it instead of anything else. The other is that he really is a light rehash of Accel but executed more poorly, right down to his secret mentor actually being one of the villains seeking to drive the heroes to embrace the dark side in order to defeat the unstoppable chairman.

Oh, wait, and his upgrade is absolutely hideous so that's three problems.

The fact that they actually had the narration called the show Kamen Rider Meteor at one point is saying something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

because ultraman sucks

Oh poo poo, this is going to get bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jivjov posted:

Is there any easy way for me, an American, to preorder the ToQger ranger key set? I desperately want ToQ 1 for my Red collection and am willing to deal with parting out the rest to goons or eBay and just buy a whole box.

Does it come with a ToQ Rainbow?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I literally don't remember this scene happening. Which Zodiarts is that?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Aquarius, who was the American transfer girl, who competed against the gang to get into Space. She was on No Laughing one year as a bus act too and couldn't stop laughing through her lines.

Oh right, that arc was super super bad. No wonder I can't remember it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

As an Aquarius, that made me super sad.

I'm a Sagittarius. :smug:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My sister is not boring. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh yeah, Pisces was the last one, the one where Libra had to pretend to switch sides to get her to transform.

• Locked thread