Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tatakau seigi no Tokusatsu Thread V3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll have you know combat data is a viable scientific principle.

Watch the DOA movie if you want to see the most laughable execution of this plan.

Wait, no, don't watch that movie. Really don't.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOgDwjmO-I

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yet somehow we still haven't gotten a Voltron movie despite World Events trying to do so for like 15 years at least.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
While I'm bringing up Voltron in a live action thread, there was supposedly some kind of script floating around for a movie version that had two key things I remember:

1) Sven turns out to be a traitor, which they also did in some comics I think, and I think is dumb as poo poo because he was perfectly loyal in the show.
2) they built the lions at a junkyard from old washing machines and cars and poo poo, and then when they combined into Voltron it would somehow look like it was all meant to be together as a cohesive whole. I thought this was kind of a neat idea, but everyone else I saw responding to it hated that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Christ

I love those helmets but man

The t-shirt style design of the body just does not do it for me

Wolf Shirt Ranger

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

It's only a matter of time until we get a Silk Goku Shirt sentai, and I am: 100% ready :yum:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Three Wolf Ninja

Goku Bowling Shirt Ranger
Three Wolf Ranger
Jorts Ranger
Cargo Pants Ranger
Sweat Pants Ranger
6th is Utilikilt Ranger

Goon Sentai coming along well.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

I'm a Sagittarius. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36PQxXydg8

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxchF0fkPdI

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Where the gently caress is Baltan??

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
According to JAKQ VS Goranger, both of those shows, Kamen Rider V3, Kamen Rider Amazon, and Kikaider are all active at the same time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

I wish it happened

I really do

Are there any images of what this idea would have ended up looking like? Concept art, manga version, what if figure?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

SIC did one, where she got the Perfecter, a mouthplate to make her look more like a Rider. It's honestly pretty cool and fits her. Outside of that, if there were any concept drawings, they were never released.

The Perfecter is actually a pretty great name for an upgrade for her and I hope they did base it off of the original plans to upgrade her, because Tackle's entire deal was that she and Stronger were unfinished cyborgs. Stronger broke free before the finishing touches could be made on him, which is why his hands are just straight up mechanical at all times, and he found Tackle in an even earlier state of surgery.

When will KR villains ever learn to keep their cyborg surgeries secure? They should at least do the brainwashing first, jeez. Googling that it is pretty neat, but maybe they should have upgraded her some pants while they were at it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The chest lights look like they take up an awful lot of chest space, too. Like there's a big void under the surface there. Please don't tell me the suits are drones that they pilot or something dumb like that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

As long as they let them speak good Japanese and not that incredibly fake bad Japanese that Ramires spoke.

Pretty sure that guy has perfectly fine, normal Japanese speaking skills IRL but since he's a big Canadian dude they always make him speak poorly for laughs.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That guy is a true inspiration though, that even big fat white dudes can be tokusatsu heroes. :japan:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think throwing Blade or Faiz on like scifi channel 10 years ago late night could have worked out.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I mean yeah if it's a magic appearing outfit, it makes sense that it has no obvious seams or zippers or whatever. I'm just not sure that's being accomplished with these new suits at all.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Does the comic book talk at all about the fact that there is breathable air in space in Power Rangers?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Power Ranger's worst feature is it's audio so I'm not shocked if it works well as a comic book.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't the Mario Bros cartoon do that poo poo too? Maybe there was some kind of parent company rights sharing shenanigans going on with these shows.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

To add further to the weird blackhole that is Photon, and I am quoting straight from Wikipedia on this since I cannot confirm it personally-

"The Club Mario segments of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! included segments of Photon under the title Space Scout Theater."

DIC Entertainment, what the gently caress was up with you

Ah, so there is a connection. Looking up those two songs... they are not on the same label at all. Nor do they share parent companies, what the hell?

Holy poo poo the Mario cartoon used an assload of licensed music: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_television_episodes Danger Zone was in an episode multiple episodes there too.

Maybe DIC had some kind of deal because they made children's programming? Maybe Captain Lou gave them some kind of friends in the industry poo poo via Cyndi Lauper? This is weird as poo poo.

Also since we're talking about DIC and Mario poo poo, I still say this is from a goddamned parallel universe and have a lot of trouble believing it actually existed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Koopa%27s_Kool_Kartoons

edit number 5000: please help I have fallen down an internet hole of terrible TV shows and who owns them. Spoilers, these guys: https://secure-content.dhxmedia.com/uploads/2015/12/DHX_Catalogue_2015-Final_Low_Res_Read.pdf Just look through that loving kids section, it's like a catalog of poo poo nobody remembers.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 12, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Photon is listed in that catalog I edited into my previous post, so it's owned by DHX media now. Which, looking at other stuff they've put out, it's probably more of a "we haven't gotten to this one yet" as opposed to a "we're never letting this out of the vault". They fuckin brought Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills back out already, so I don't see why they wouldn't do this one too eventually.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Taking the enemy's power to fight for justice is one part, for sure.

But also you have to have a mask, and a motorcycle. The long scarves should probably have been mandatory too but whatever.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Burkion where did you get UltraSeven dubbed? Was that on the US DVD set? I thought Turner buried it or something.

I remember Space Ghost Coast to Coast used footage from it a few times that I think had to be changed out on the DVDs.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Yeah I mentioned that in the Other Thread

I really want to see what these look like in natural lighting. I cannot tell what the hell their secondary colors are supposed to be as it keeps changing from shot to shot.

I'm thinking it's silver/chrome.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Two new Deka projects in 2017.

A Gavan teamup and an all-female prequel to that teamup.

More Deka Yellow is always welcome

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

You guys just better be happy Bioman doesn't have an extended history and multiple series or else I'd never shut up

Doesn't it have some massive Brazil following complete with homebrew comic books and RPG systems? And like a Malaysian English dub or something?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You know how sometimes you see a mecha and it's just a good rear end design and iconic as gently caress and other times you see one and it's just generic uninteresting bullshit? yeah that's the second one right there.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't there a thing in that movie where they said nuclear weapons were only developed to begin with as an attempt to kill Godzilla? That's kind of hilarious/rad so I didn't hate that part.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Nah, nothing that ridiculous.

Just that the Bikini Atoll testing, and other Pacific Ocean atomic testing of the mid to early 1950s, was in reality an attempt to kill Godzilla.

Which is a different kind of ridiculous

drat it, once again I've poorly remembered a movie in such a way that it seemed cooler in my head than in reality. Like how I mis-remembered that arcade scene in Tron legacy actually involving the dude playing the game and getting a high score while Separate Ways played.

While I'm thinking of offtopic movie scene letdowns that Red Faction movie nobody but me watched REALLY should have involved Space rear end in a top hat manually detonating the bomb with a hammer, what the gently caress what a missed opportunity.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is that robot made of stargates?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
gold dude with no paint and now grey dude with no paint hell yeah this movie is gonna be great

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kamen Rider has a motorcycle. Everyone knows motorcycles = freedom.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I hope Blue is Hiroshi Miyauchi. I don't care how.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Oh no doubt, KIT was better

Just you know, take what you can get

Are there Hawaiian subs for Kamen Rider or just V3?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

nerdman42 posted:

My obsession with owning physical media has reached a new height.

Problem is now, I can't stand this silver-disc/sticky note set-up, so now I have to find either a good cover art for the case sleeve or make and print something for the DVD itself. Or both.

You can write on the discs, you know.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

The sequel to Kamen Rider W....

...is life itself.

So it's a Mother 4 crossover eh

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Comments are saying the words are from this album https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_(album)

Tighten Up Reality Gangster is really quite a radical phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Craptacular! posted:

He was the only one until Dairanger Green a few months ago. Also reported to be suicide.

Obviously a lot of voice actors, allies, villains, etc have passed away; but if you just look at the actors who yell a henshin phrase somehow Sentai and PR are now at two a piece; even though one show is waaaay older than the other. And the Japanese ones are all self-inflicted. :(

But how many Sentai actors have killed people with a sword IRL?

• Locked thread