Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rhyno posted:

"I have a brother and also I totes love you Barry."

I have a brother and hes basically you but more interesting/funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rurea posted:

I really hope there is some other reason they had him use some obscure POW tapping code instead of nodding or just using Morse. Maybe they don't have Morse code on Earth-2?

Jay Garrick's helmet is one of those helmets worn during WW1 he got from his father in the comics. A POW's morse code being used by someone who is centered around the word Jay seems like they are trying to make a connection.

Guy A. Person posted:

In this instance you could keep everything the exact same with a simple line tweak. Instead of Barry forgetting that he can vibrate through solid matter while he is trapped in a cage, he could have said something like "I need to figure out how Zoom was able to vibrate through this glass, I couldn't when I tried earlier". Or like someone said, this would have been a good opportunity for Cisco to use his new powers to vibrate the glass to a different frequency.

Am I the only one who just recognised this as probably what happened? He tried to vibrate out. It didn't work. He then sees Zoom do it and realised 'oh you do get in and out by vibrating, theres just some weird trick to it that only Zoom knows, I just need to figure this out.'

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Are Time Wraiths at all in some way from any of the comics involving speedsters?

(It did sorta of look like it was wearing a decayed Flash-style mask.)

Yeeeeep

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Also I will never get tired of Barry loving with the timestream, especially if it leads to more Wells-Thawne :ughh: background reactions.

WHY DID YOU KILL MY MOTHER THAWNE!

Cause I hate you Barry. You're a goddamn idiot and people still love you.

Eobard is Barry's Frank Grimes.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Oh. I thought Black Flash was a Black Lantern thing.

No no silly thats Black Lantern Flash :smuggo:

EDIT: I think that was just Professor Zoom ? So yeah, undead Tom Cavanagh would be pretty dope.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Jack of Hearts posted:

CW Barry is incredibly dumb, yet still much smarter than comics Barry, who basically destroyed the DC universe. People should cut the show writers some slack, because they are trying so hard to get Barry to that level of stupidity, but it takes some time. Current estimate: S03E17.

S03 E16 : Crisis on Infinite Networks

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I loving told you all. Reverse Flash is the hero trying to stop the colossal idiot that is Barry Allen from wiping out everything.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Barry was just going on a spirit quest, he just acid tripped speed force talking to him.

I assume his spirit animal was a hedgehog?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Iris is strong willed. She went to a dangerous man, alone, to try and keep her brother out of trouble.

Iris is a fighter. She punched one metahuman in the face for kidnapping her, and bashed another over the head to save Caitlin's life.

Iris is thoughtful, she got Barry the microscope he wanted and got it right even though that's not really her thing. Good gift giver.

Iris is brave. She shot Clock King and saved an entire police station.

Iris is loyal. She stayed with Eddie even after Barry's confession and refused to break their engagement despite slowly realizing she lives Barry.

Iris is forgiving. Remember that time Barry kidnapped Eddie and beat him up? She was rightfully pissed but ultimately forgave him. She also forgave her mother who abandoned and fully embraced a brother she had never met.

Iris wants to help people. She went to the Flash to help Barry. She went to that guy to help Wally. She writes articles about abused women. She wanted to be a cop to help the people in Central City.

These are the reasons Barry loves her. Remember when Barry was being bullied as a kid, Iris was the one who lifted him up.

Iris welcomed a kid with a lot of baggage in her home. (This is in a deleted scene iirc) Not a lot of kids would. She's always been there for him, they're best friends. It makes sense.

I get what you're trying to do but like half the cast of the show matches this profile (idk about the last scene I dont really watch deleted scenes and ill be honest anything including wally i just kinda switched my brain off).

EDit: Yeah I understand there is racial/cultural stuff im not going to get as a non-american but gently caress, literally any time Iris and Barry interact it either is or results in the absolute worst TV the show spits out. There is zero chemistry, the dialogue is embarrassing, the drama is a complete joke and is such a blackhole of that it sucks in normally good characters, plots and dialogue into its vortex. Seems like shes a half-decent actress too because many of her scene outside of that context are for the most part solid (whenever shes not around the journalism stuff hilariously enough)

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen.

Have you seen CD?

• Locked thread