Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pree asma, ys ashram, hansa and prat pravam forgive me for these shitposts i am about to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Cio is the best supporting character.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it took me a little while to figure out that cio did not in fact have four arms, but rather that she just gestures like a spaz and the art is meant to reflect her hyperactive flailing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well, yisun was kind of a dick anyway

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so its interesting that the master angel guy, 2 michael, commented that white chain's human appearance was a sign of corruption by attachment to the world, but 1 metatron looks really really really human compared to all the other prime angels

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as long as preem nand gets comprehensively owned at some point, im down for whatever

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the demiurges reached heaven and then destroyed it through violence

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
knights mendicant are broadly similar to the old cliche of the itinerant beggar-monk, so of course its not advisable to gently caress with them.

e. also, her full name is something like Maya Kill the Gods and Topple Their Thrones.

e2. of course, Allison now has the surname Kill Six Billion Demons bestowed on her by Zoss, so maybe theyre not all that important

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 12, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Mathangi Maya Mantra Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones.

Try to fit that poo poo on a business card.

its a very tastefully done business card, but shes only got the one so you cant keep it, haha. reach heaven through violence, friend.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Mentalizer posted:

Hell yeah, thanks man!

Now I just have to think of some text to go with it.

redtext NOT VERY BRIGHT, THA

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what im getting is zoss is juggernaut's enemy, but only because juggernaut is loyal to a power that wants a controlling stake over zoss's successor. he's a "royalist", after all. juggernaut is also under the impression that zaid is the successor, which still leaves us with exactly two people in throne who are in on the actual workings of the sitch.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 14, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well, it was kind of a bushwhack.

ive sort of been thinking that zoss isnt actually dead. he was alive enough to appear to allison in the spirit world or whatever that place was, and gog-agog survived having her head blown off with minimal inconvenience. i think hes just laying low.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
heres one to think on - in addition to looking human, metatron bleeds. theres something fleshy under his shell.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
reach heaven through motorcycles

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

What is everyone's favorite character?

Mine is somebody who hasn't made an personal appearance in the story, yet influences it more then perhaps anyone else:

It feels strange that she would ever just face a direction, tell a tale and wither away.

i feel like there was some indication that ashma is the same person as aesma

e. unless thats what youre talking about in which case id point out that she did appear in exactly one panel. bottom line is that pree aesma owns pretty hard.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 18, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

I love the Aesma stories. She'd such an incredible jerk, but everyone else is so stuck up that she's the only one who gets anything done (and then learns nothing from the experience.)

when confronted by doubt, be too stupid to conceive of doubt. this is wisdom.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so where do the concordant knights figure into this clusterfuck? presumably theyre just working for the "good" of throne, whatever that entails, as opposed one particular entity as the thorns are. but im wondering if theres someone 2 michael answers to.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

I suppose the younger you are, the more times you have reincarnated, paradoxically.

White Chain has principles, dammit, and that gets you killed a whole bunch in a place like Throne

e. im disappointed we didnt get White Chain and Delicious starring in a buddy cop subplot. dammit 2 Michael, I get results.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 22, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jesus christ how horrifying

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
her angelsona is 93 Original Character, Do Not Steal

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cio owns. ciowns

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
actually if theres one complaint i have about KSBD, its that sometimes the flow of the panels can be a little hard to follow. they sometimes kind of smash around like a McG joint, and its can get disorienting.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
smashgob eat the effigy

e. allisons eaten a disturbing number of small humanoids in the past 24 hrs

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

so is Cio going to start shipping Allison with herself or what

with her original character, syosee syo'ell

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like that even in fan art, allison always looks like shes going "OH poo poo"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the sanctioned action is to Drink

to Drink means division by the Cup of Want, that holder of infinities that excises potential

to train with the cup, first master chugging. when you have mastered chugging, you must master the way of sipping water. when you have learned to sip water you must learn to split wood. having split wood you must learn to find fine herbs in the forest, the arts of writing, the arts of paper making, and poetry writing. you must become familiar with the awl and the pen in equal measure. when you have mastered all these things you must master building a house. once your house is built, you have no further need for a cup, since it is an ugly piece of pottery and its adherents idiots.

- metis' drinking manual

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive never read SFP but the impression i get from Allison is that her entire experience in Throne is one long bout of sensory overload interspersed with moments of "holy poo poo thats awesome". my favorite line so far is from when shes watching movies with her friends and says something to the effect that the princess should stay in her tower, because at least its safe. its very telling that she makes the decision to go back for Zaid, despite him being kind of a creep.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it is pleasing to Pree Aesma, wisest student of Yisun, that nerds should get fukken rekt comprehensively at all times

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Luna

Do it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres like 75 sutras you have to say just to buy a pack of cigarettes in Throne, much less bind a devil

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

No that's the name of an angel: "509 Bandwith Limit Exceeded, Maliciously"

they served the Concordant Knights with valor alongside 715 Windows Encounters an Error

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ooohhhhhh so thats what was up with her arms

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PFlats posted:

Odd that she still has 2 unused sleeves. Guess she doesn't need to completely go crazy for this one.

tha not e'en her finallike form, ditherpate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Kayla Shoot-witch has looked less and less enthusiastic about this whole thing in every panel she appears in

buck up, lady, youve got the power of Lots of Guns on your side

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 9, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the very instant things started popping off in hell 71, she got this "oh gently caress" expression that hasnt really gone away yet. im thinkin that she didnt spend much time in the practical courses at Gunwitch Academy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

Then why isn't she encased in bedsheets like a proper goon?

because the agnomen "the Witch in Duvets" just doesnt pop, yknow?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Solomon David is my favorite demiurge b/c all the others we have seen are these grotesque weirdos — and lets be real, theres no way a guy called "Incubus" isnt also going to be mondo grody — and David is just this haughty guy in a chair.

e. also i just realized that White Chain's "be not" mantra they use when wrecking Preem Nand's creepy doll-devils in Hell 71 is a reference to angels in the bible saying "be not afraid".

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 13, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

White Chain isn't saying that, it's leaking out of their shell of its own accord. They cracked up a bit when they lied to Preem Nand.

im still not sure why Nand let them hang around when he knew for a fact he was being lied to.

MikeJF posted:

Solomon David is going to turn out to be the mondo grodiest of all in every way except his looks, just you wait.

And he'll keep his looks by wearing the skin of virgins or something too.

oh yeah for sure.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Begemot posted:

Yeah I'm guessing that Solomon David is the only one who has retained his form.

I hope he doesn't ever have any underlings or other forms or anything. He's just a smug guy with the biggest crown sitting in the tallest chair.

plot twist - he cant actually move from that pose. his smugness has ossified him into a permanently smirking guy in a big chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

theshim posted:

Imagine, if you will, how amazing a Gunwitch Allison would be.

pulls the trigger, gets startled by the gunshot, goes "gently caress!" and drops the gun